Weekly fluff challenge

Generic non-balance topics.
Carnevour
Level 2

Weekly fluff challenge

Postby Carnevour » Wed 13 Apr, 2016 9:58 am

Yo peeps. If anyone is bored like i am in dow 2 from time to time, i have and idea to spice things up. I am thinking of starting a weekly challenge for those who are willing.
The challenge is to use fluff related stuff and encompass it into your respectable faction play style. For example, starting from today I would like to see anyone of you try to play Salamanders chapter and use only close-combat weapons/squads and have 2 tac marines with flamers (Mandatory) and try to win. After that upload the replays of your best run or win.
If this thing catches on ill think of something else each week rotating the factions as well. So if anyone is up to it go get your shit together and start hunting.

In regards to team games you must be all the same faction/skin.
Swift

Re: Weekly fluff challenge

Postby Swift » Wed 13 Apr, 2016 6:38 pm

Sounds good to me, I'll definitely give it a go.

Some ideas:
- (Chaos) Dark Pantheon: God-themed Chaos builds (Nurgle/Khorne/Tzeentch, good luck pulling off Slaanesh). Only units unaligned/aligned with your chosen power may be bought.

- (Eldar) Iyanden Ghost Warriors: Wraithguard and Wraithlords alongside various Guardian units (DAs, Shuris, D-cannons, any vehicles). Preferably with Saim-Hann or Ulthwe recoloured yellow and blue so the DAs appear as Guardians instead. The lack of Aspect Warriors is significant as Iyanden has suffered huge casualties, thus they draw more and more from the civilian population.

- (Imperial Guard) Charge of the Light Brigade: You are not allowed to have any vehicles and must have at least three Guardsman squads. If you win without three on the field it will not count. Extra points for any heroic sacrifices.

- (Space Marines) Descent of Angels: Play as the Blood Angels (default or Elite scheme). You must build at least one Assault Squad and cannot have more of any other type of squad unless you have more/an equal number of Assault Squads, e.g. You have Scouts, Tacs, Devs and ASMs. This is legal. You cannot then buy another Tac/Dev/Scout etc squad unless you already have another Assault Squad on the field. In addition, all Dreadnoughts must retain their two close combat weapons.

- (Tyranids) Genestealer Cult: You must have at least one Genestealer squad on the map for the majority of the game, otherwise there are no other restrictions. However, you will gain more merit if the Genestealers wipe high value targets, e.g. commanders, vehicles, expensive squads. The more they kill (last-hitting), the more points you score.

- (Orks) Big Mek Buzzgub's Band of Big Killa Fings: Play as the Mekboy, preferably Bad Moons though not required. You must build one of each vehicle in order to win. Double points each time for every Deff Dread that hits level 4.

- (Ordo Malleus) Daemonhunters: They're possessed, they're all possessed! The enemy army has fallen into the grips of Chaos, so the architect of it's turning can't be far off. But a powerful Daemon cannot be vanquished so easily as only the most wise agents of the Imperium wield power to do so. In order to claim victory, your Brother-Captain must kill the largest enemy model on the field with double points if he does it in single combat. Only then will the Daemon reveal itself to be that unit and be banished into the warp. The unit may well happen to be an enemy tank, and in that case, well, sucks to be you.

Just some ideas to get people going. If you want to try these and have any queries, post them.
The internal battery has run dry, the game can now be played. However, clock based events will no longer occur.
Soberson
Level 2

Postby Soberson » Wed 13 Apr, 2016 7:16 pm

Swiftsabre wrote:
- (Imperial Guard) Charge of the Light Brigade: You are not allowed to have any vehicles and must have at least three Guardsman squads. If you win without three on the field it will not count. Extra points for any heroic sacrifices.

Exactly the kind of fun IG players were missing out. Check out mine:

- (Imperial Guard) Purge the enemies of Imperium: You are not allowed to play anything than an Inquisitor with Holy Brazier, Interrogator's Armor and Servo Skull. Extra points for defeating Chaos Marines, triple the points for slaying Plague Champion.
#IGisFINE
Guy gamer.
Tex
Level 4

Postby Tex » Tue 26 Apr, 2016 1:54 pm

I beat Riku with an all khorne army. Game was casted long time ago.

I will try the salamander army, I have always wanted to go hardcore with my flamers.
Cyris
Level 4

Postby Cyris » Tue 26 Apr, 2016 4:18 pm

I feel like an OM flamer theme would be fun too. Incinerators on all the SS, purgs and flamer dread!
Dark Riku
Level 5

Postby Dark Riku » Tue 26 Apr, 2016 5:45 pm

Tex wrote:I beat Riku with an all khorne army. Game was casted long time ago.
Helps proving you can do anything versus apo and come out on top :p
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xoV44QdAlb0
Tex
Level 4

Postby Tex » Wed 27 Apr, 2016 3:21 am

Dark Riku wrote:
Tex wrote:I beat Riku with an all khorne army. Game was casted long time ago.
Helps proving you can do anything versus apo and come out on top :p
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xoV44QdAlb0

haha skulls for the skull throne!
Adeptus Noobus
Level 4

Postby Adeptus Noobus » Wed 27 Apr, 2016 11:08 am

LIES!!! There was a Mark of Tzeentch Predator at the end 8-)
Tex
Level 4

Postby Tex » Wed 27 Apr, 2016 2:32 pm

Was there? Ahh man.... I didn't remember that part. A perfectly good fluff theme gone to waste.
Carnevour
Level 2

Postby Carnevour » Wed 27 Apr, 2016 5:51 pm

Just dont forget to post them here or where do you post em usually.
Arbit
Level 3

Postby Arbit » Tue 03 May, 2016 7:18 pm

I always thought challenges like this would be cool, even non-fluff based ones like

ASSCAN CHALLENGE - Win a game while fielding at least three ASSCAN wielding units

I remember some caster had challenges like this (Shalesy?) but they were all stupid, like "suicide your starting unit". That doesn't inspire unconventional play; it just gives you a handicap.
My 1v1 map - Imperial Plaza. Revisions are in progress so please check it out and give feedback!
GuruSkippy
Level 2

Postby GuruSkippy » Tue 03 May, 2016 8:17 pm

guys, stop posting ideas, start posting replays
Swift

Postby Swift » Wed 04 May, 2016 10:16 pm

https://dawnofwar.info/esl/match/20453878

Open the gates of Khorne, grab your axes, we go to war!

We're both pretty rusty after not having played consistently for ages, but at least it's something. I'll try to do something more imaginative next.
The internal battery has run dry, the game can now be played. However, clock based events will no longer occur.
Carnevour
Level 2

Postby Carnevour » Thu 05 May, 2016 7:46 pm

Boys i finally got around to do it. Here it is i didnt know where to post it so i posted it on GR.org

http://www.gamereplays.org/dawnofwar2/r ... &id=311399
Swift

Postby Swift » Thu 05 May, 2016 9:49 pm

Just run ESL and pull the replay from there, easy peasy.
Carnevour
Level 2

Postby Carnevour » Thu 05 May, 2016 10:31 pm

Swiftsabre wrote:Just run ESL and pull the replay from there, easy peasy.

Too much work.
Swift

Postby Swift » Thu 05 May, 2016 10:50 pm

Wotevaaa.

Return to “Community General Discussion”