Wish Lists (for beyond 2.1)

Generic non-balance topics.
Ace of Swords
Level 5

Re: Wish Lists (for beyond 2.1)

Postby Ace of Swords » Thu 30 May, 2013 3:42 pm

Lulgrim wrote:
Darkbulborb wrote:What do you guys think? ^^

So basically wall-crushing Nobs with advanced ranged weapons and more than double health for +100 req and the red? Umm no I don't think so.

We don't have Mega Nob models anyway so the suggestion is moot for now.

viggih wrote:would it be Awesome/Broken if the Armour of the Apothecarion included a jump pack

Sounds funny at least. I doubt it would be too broken as Apo is quite fragile, you can't just jump in and troll everything. I was always a member of the Bolter Apo School so can't say how useful it would be for melee builds.

Well I almost play the apo melee only, and that would freaking amazing, but probably extremely OP aswell especially if it would grant knockback like the asm do.

The idea was to use a build that was Sangiune Chainsword,the aforementioned armour and maybe purification rights to make him into a disruption unit that can survive a brawl and get out if he needs to.

Again this is me just brainstorming, but that is the beauty of the elite mod. Anyone can pitch in.

It would work better with the axe, with the build you proposed he wouldn't have enough energy to jump and heal, let alone throw the nade.
viggih
Level 2

Postby viggih » Thu 30 May, 2013 4:17 pm

viggih wrote:
Ace of Swords wrote:
It would work better with the axe, with the build you proposed he wouldn't have enough energy to jump and heal, let alone throw the nade.

not the purification vials, I meant to say purity rites, my bad, although I can see the axe working. He jumps in takes a few swings and jumps back out.

Edit: Damn double post
Darkbulborb
Level 2

Postby Darkbulborb » Thu 30 May, 2013 10:01 pm

Lulgrim wrote:
Darkbulborb wrote:What do you guys think? ^^

So basically wall-crushing Nobs with advanced ranged weapons and more than double health for +100 req and the red? Umm no I don't think so.

We don't have Mega Nob models anyway so the suggestion is moot for now.

Well it was just an idea, and i'm gonna explain why they are not as OP as you think.
You have to make a choice between either nobs or meganobz, there probably won't be a case where you have both of them on the field except in maybe high resources games, but then still, orks use red for eveyrthing, so you can't get them that easy.

They can't kill units on retreat, perhaps only if the retreating unit pass through the meganobz but even then still.

It would be a warboss only global, so the kommando nob and mekboy won't benefit from them.

They would move the same as terminators, and terminators have acces to anti tank and anti vehicle options as well. maybe we can lower the health to 1200 then if that would be more to the ok-way.

I like to discuss this some more :)
Lulgrim
Admin

Postby Lulgrim » Fri 31 May, 2013 6:40 am

Lulgrim wrote:We don't have Mega Nob models anyway so the suggestion is moot for now.
Darkbulborb
Level 2

Postby Darkbulborb » Fri 31 May, 2013 7:30 am

DoW 1
Nurland

Postby Nurland » Fri 31 May, 2013 9:04 am

Even if it is possible to use the DoW1 model (I have no idea if it is but I kinda doubt it) I really don't think it would be legal to do so. I mean one would think that most of the stuff in those games is somewhat protected by copyright laws etc.

Now just out of pure curiosity by power klaw damage did you mean the WB power klaw?
#noobcodex
Lulgrim
Admin

Postby Lulgrim » Fri 31 May, 2013 9:58 am

Darkbulborb wrote:DoW 1

- look like crap
- other technical issues
- illegal to use anyway

Mega Nobs are not happening with the resources we have at the moment, next topic please.
Kvek
Level 4

Postby Kvek » Fri 31 May, 2013 1:08 pm

Nobz in retail= OP shit Mega nobz ?? Would be even more OP than nobz in retail so seriously your idea (no offense) is total shit. "95 heavy melee-good ranged damage 3 models each of them with 1500 -4500 level1---
Servant of CTan
Level 1

Postby Servant of CTan » Fri 31 May, 2013 4:33 pm

Alright what about this:

A new global call in for Chaos that brings in a unit unique to each hero?

This call in would be avalible tier 2 (or three depending on whether you want the units to be stronger) and would grant a 'themed' chaos unit.

Chaos Socerer would get 'true' ruberic marines. Use the existing models, but this squad would do increased damgage, and maybe have a passive aura that drains energy from nearby enemies. The ruberic marines would function similar to wraithguard in that they will be very slow moving, unless the Sorcerer or their squad leader (same model as CS) is present and they will suffer a stun effect should they lose the influence of their leader.

Plague champion would get plague marines; same model as current PMs but equip with plasma guns (maybe green colored), and would maybe have a passive aura that damages nearby enemies. This unit would have a leader in the form of a Nugle aspiring champion (same model as PC) and would be armed with a power sword, and would provide increased health regen of the squad as well as providing a boost to melee prowess.

The Chaos Lord would get Khorne Beserkers (Same model as MoK CSM) and this unit would gain health with every kill made, and the squad leader would enable the squad to spawn a temporary blood letter on squad member death.

This is just a rehash of my earlier idea that won't force players to use a two CSM build while at the same time making the faction more fluffy; all without any new models required.
Kvek
Level 4

Postby Kvek » Fri 31 May, 2013 9:11 pm

one word-OP
Servant of CTan
Level 1

Postby Servant of CTan » Fri 31 May, 2013 11:22 pm

Kvek wrote:one word-OP

OP because of the health per kill? We can drop that if need be.
Ace of Swords
Level 5

Postby Ace of Swords » Sat 01 Jun, 2013 12:18 am

Servant of CTan wrote:
Kvek wrote:one word-OP

OP because of the health per kill? We can drop that if need be.

Beside the fact that i think chaos has all of the global spots already taken, it's just an unnecessary addition, they just have no need for them, however if we wanted some 'personalization' to the chaos army based on commander we could have chaos terminators customized for each commander, that would be cool but probably not possible since we don't have the models, trough we have a typhus model that could be perhaps used for Nurgle termies and we could use the current model for the Khorne one, yet we would miss a tzeentch model.
Kvek
Level 4

Postby Kvek » Sat 01 Jun, 2013 8:19 am

Let's just say this. Tzeench unit (ur rubric marine) Are TCSM they already do a lot of damage. plague marines with plasma guns ? so 2k HP +leader gives them more regen than they already have? If yes that would be fucking OP.
and ur Khorne Marines are just the same as MoK just with some "buffs".
Last edited by Kvek on Sat 01 Jun, 2013 8:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dark Riku
Level 5

Postby Dark Riku » Sat 01 Jun, 2013 6:41 pm

Anyone else find Armor of the Apothecarion completely useless?
Especially for its steep price of 150/50 ?
It feel like just throwing away resources.
Kvek
Level 4

Postby Kvek » Sat 01 Jun, 2013 6:58 pm

I don't play apo that much but yeah usually just armor of purity/ combat stims. The little heal+speed bonus when you are out of combat isn't worth the price
Ace of Swords
Level 5

Postby Ace of Swords » Sat 01 Jun, 2013 7:22 pm

Dark Riku wrote:Anyone else find Armor of the Apothecarion completely useless?

I use it in 1v1 in combination of sanguine chainsword and grenades , or in 2v2 with 2 scouts vs nids/orks, but yeah it's not worth the price , I just get it for fun mostly, the ability it grants also doesn't synergize at all with any of the apo wargear bar bolter with imp medical equipment and a ranged blob, but in that case the speed buff it grants becomes useless.
viggih
Level 2

Postby viggih » Sat 01 Jun, 2013 8:48 pm

Ace of Swords wrote:
Dark Riku wrote:Anyone else find Armor of the Apothecarion completely useless?

I use it in 1v1 in combination of sanguine chainsword and grenades , or in 2v2 with 2 scouts vs nids/orks, but yeah it's not worth the price , I just get it for fun mostly, the ability it grants also doesn't synergize at all with any of the apo wargear bar bolter with imp medical equipment and a ranged blob, but in that case the speed buff it grants becomes useless.

*cough* Jump Pack *cough*

(come on Caeltos, you know you want to)
Caeltos

Postby Caeltos » Sun 02 Jun, 2013 2:20 am

No. :mrgreen:
viggih
Level 2

Postby viggih » Sun 02 Jun, 2013 3:21 am

Caeltos wrote:No. :mrgreen:

/sadface

Although I am curious to hear your thoughts on why this idea would be broken.
(so that future ideas can be adjusted for your development process)
Kvek
Level 4

Postby Kvek » Sun 02 Jun, 2013 7:44 am

jumpack on apo really ? he is already fucking annoying when he sits in heavy cover and heals everything and apo in melee is tough with his puri rites so why the fuck give him a jumpack ?
Lulgrim
Admin

Postby Lulgrim » Sun 02 Jun, 2013 9:10 am

So that he wouldn't sit in heavy cover and be fucking annoying I guess...
Dark Riku
Level 5

Postby Dark Riku » Sun 02 Jun, 2013 1:39 pm

XD

Wish I had a good idea how to change the armour.
Hope someone else has a good and balanced idea.

Cuz of now it's just taking up space :D
Ace of Swords
Level 5

Postby Ace of Swords » Sun 02 Jun, 2013 3:16 pm

for starters a price reduction of 20 power, the removal of the AoE ability, and instead of doing that it could improve the apo's main heal by giving it back the Heal over Time.
Asmon
Level 4

Postby Asmon » Sun 02 Jun, 2013 6:43 pm

You cannot give it the Heal over time, it will just be straight better than any armor. Let it cast a spell that heals an allied unit for 10hp every time they are hit in melee, 6s duration.
Ace of Swords
Level 5

Postby Ace of Swords » Sun 02 Jun, 2013 6:48 pm

Asmon wrote:You cannot give it the Heal over time, it will just be straight better than any armor. Let it cast a spell that heals an allied unit for 10hp every time they are hit in melee, 6s duration.

I wouldn't count on that, the armor of purity which reduces the CD on the heal is quite mandatory at the moment and would still synergize very well with purification rites (KB enemy units while healing) a simple concept, more heals go off=more KBs.
Kvek
Level 4

Postby Kvek » Mon 03 Jun, 2013 8:06 pm

One little request :) Can you please make Gabriel FC ? Maybe for imperial fists etc
KanKrusha
Level 3

Postby KanKrusha » Mon 03 Jun, 2013 8:07 pm

Would it be more useful if the speed buff was all the time instead if just out of combat?
Indrid

Postby Indrid » Mon 03 Jun, 2013 8:44 pm

Would be cool if Gabriel Angelos was the FC when you used Blood Ravens.
Kvek
Level 4

Postby Kvek » Mon 03 Jun, 2013 8:52 pm

Yeah and maybe some new "cool" models for TM etc like alpha legion (Elite) hehehe
sk4zi
Level 3

Postby sk4zi » Tue 04 Jun, 2013 8:56 am

Apo with jump Pack sounds really nice imho. i wopuld love to see a bit more Wargear on heroes who have only 2 armors... (such as the PC)

a jump pack costing 200/40 (double req as teleporter) and giveing a bit health too would be awseome.
just make the jump cost 60 or 65 energy. than apo cant heal directly after his jump, not to mention jump out ... but the disrupt should remain

his second armor can be changed to have a greater heal aura, just to improve his vanilla aura but whithout the ability. then his speed buff fits into the setting. and the armor is a good overall purchase if u wanna blob

also i would love to see real thousand sons like described. (but true, that Mark of tzeentch already exists thou)
its actually normal marines with a sorcerer as champion.
in TT they cant get no wheapon upgrade, are slow until they geht their champ (like Phantom guard) and have double amount of health (2 LP).
(dunno if this is still like this in TT ;)) The sorc champ ofc should have the doombolt ability
i also can imagine this squad with the possibility to geht more than just the doombolt ability (consume)

Maga amored nobz sould be a super unit with cost 800/200 if it anytime happens ...
alothough they are waeker than terms in TT since they have just an armor save.

and last but not least.
i miss the oppotunity for sm to drop troops, like it was in early vanilla dow2 - or even drop other stuff... at the very beginning, the drop pod really brought a squad of SM for 200req and 200 red. also this drop pod granted a single reinforce like call da boyz. imho this is far more close to what a drop pod is. the drop pod global for SM is really underused.
actually there are also drop pods acting as turrets in the SM codex.

what about leaping troops (like autarch) for red and dropping them again?
(like it was in Dow1)

Return to “Community General Discussion”