Wish Lists (for beyond 2.1)

Generic non-balance topics.
Servant of CTan
Level 1

Re: Wish Lists (for beyond 2.1)

Postby Servant of CTan » Thu 23 May, 2013 8:32 pm

Ah, I didn't notice that. Oh well, it was a good suggestion anyways.
Lulgrim
Admin

Postby Lulgrim » Thu 23 May, 2013 8:52 pm

dance commander wrote:Lulgrim would it be technically possible to remove the missile launcher from plague marines, lower the cost and put it as an upgrade instead?

Yes of course.

Nuclear Arbitor wrote:CSM do not have room in their upgrade column for more stuff. they have EW, MoT, MoK, and a sarge; that is 4.

Also not a technical problem. I don't really agree with the PM as CSM mark thingy though.
Servant of CTan
Level 1

Postby Servant of CTan » Thu 23 May, 2013 9:12 pm

Lulgrim wrote:
dance commander wrote:Lulgrim would it be technically possible to remove the missile launcher from plague marines, lower the cost and put it as an upgrade instead?

Yes of course.

Nuclear Arbitor wrote:CSM do not have room in their upgrade column for more stuff. they have EW, MoT, MoK, and a sarge; that is 4.

Also not a technical problem. I don't really agree with the PM as CSM mark thingy though.

Ah cool, so its technically possible.

Why would you think it wouldn't be a good change though?

I'm assuming that's its because my low skill level is blinding my to something that is gamebreakinly OP.
dance commander
Level 2

Postby dance commander » Thu 23 May, 2013 9:23 pm

Servant of CTan wrote:

It would make double CSM builds almost mandatory.
Servant of CTan
Level 1

Postby Servant of CTan » Thu 23 May, 2013 10:15 pm

dance commander wrote:
Servant of CTan wrote:

It would make double CSM builds almost mandatory.

Good point.
Kvek
Level 4

Postby Kvek » Fri 24 May, 2013 5:41 am

Still it's better the way it is. You go for MoT and then PM's or dread (basic build).
CSM upgrade into PM's is a very bad idea. (maybe if they upgraded into "slaanesh" unit :D)
Ace of Swords
Level 5

Postby Ace of Swords » Fri 24 May, 2013 2:45 pm

PM on a CSM mark makes no sense, they are good as it is, it would just be a useless nerf as you would have to purchase a csm squad then wait for the upgrade, and you would never make pm a leveled csm squad since you need them as K/Tcsms to counter inf.

It would be just a useless cliché thing.
Lost Son of Nikhel
Contributor

Postby Lost Son of Nikhel » Sat 25 May, 2013 8:40 am

In this same thread, I suggested a Mark of Nurgle upgrade, with a pure Anti-infantry role-damage sponge role.

Copy-paste powa.

Mark of Nurgle to Chaos Space Marines
Cost: 100 req 25 energy
This Mark gives the power of the God of Decay to Chaos Space Marines. The squad gains +20% health, + 1.5 HP regeneration and now their bolters infect the infantry with a DOT. They have too twice courage regeneration amount than other squads. The Aspiring Champion receive the Nurgle Blessing: when he dies, explode dealing 50 explosive damage and weapon_knockback in a 5 radius and healing the rest of squad 75 HP. 17 piercing_damage dps + DOT (Each hit causes 1 points of piercing damage each second for 5 seconds), 13 melee_damage dps.

Model: a mix of a Chaos Space Marine and a Plague Marine. The normal CSM could have the Impure Helmet model from Shuma and the AC CSM one of the Helmets of the Shuma's PC from ELITE's preview versions. I think i will try it myself. :P

The most import question: Why? Why add a new specialized ranged squad, when we have MoT CSM already, effective against all infantry?

Well, indeed Chaos have a lot of tools to counter infantry (im not talking about HI or SHI, but infantry) at range. But except the MoT CSM all the sources comes from AOE damage, and half of they are stationary. Chaos don't have a real mobile ranged squad specialized on infantry.

Yeah, MoT CSM are good against infantry thanks for his damage type. But their primary role IMHO is do serious damage to HI and SHI, not infantry. Maybe it's me, but i see a waste seeing the MoT CSM fighting against GM, Termagaunts...

The MoN CSM could be a little niche (not very effective against HI or SHI armies, like SM or GK) but really effective in their role, which is obliterate infantry thanks to their DOT. The HP increase and regeneration comes both to help too, and it's in addition very fluffly :P

Their weakness? HI and SHI objectives, jump troops and vehicles. They do almost 0 damage to vehicles, and with their melee damage decreased to 13 from 22 they do meh damage in CC. Their only card against melee troops is lose their AC for the weapon_knockback and heal, but after that better press retreat if they don't have any additional support.

MoN CSM aren't Plague Marines. They don't do any damage to vehicles, they have half-hp regeneration (MoN CSM have 2.0, Plague Marines have 3.5), they can't shoot under suppress but they regenerate morale twice faster than other troops, they don't snare in a radius or do damage when explode (except the AC)

What did you think, people? :D

EDIT: To avoid have two squad (MoT CSM and MoN CSM) with similar damage against infantry, we could reduce the MoT damage against infantry to 90% from 100% and increse their damage against HI to 133% from 125%.

But Caeltos said NOPE. :(
"Pater, peccavi in caelum et coram te; iam non sum dignus vocari filius tuus". Dixit autem pater: "manducemus et epulemur, quia hic filius meus mortuus erat et revixit, perierat et inventus est"

There will be no forgiveness for us.
Kvek
Level 4

Postby Kvek » Sat 25 May, 2013 11:32 am

it would be cool. but CSM just dont need any changes.
Servant of CTan
Level 1

Postby Servant of CTan » Mon 27 May, 2013 5:33 am

Alright forget CSM and PM then, what about a way to let heroes get back their default weapon after purchasing something else?

I am speaking this mostly out of my experience with the PC; his default DoT Bolter is awesome, but sometimes against melee swarms or high model, low hp squads I get the Sword of Undeath. The sword does help me advance on the blobby squads, but once I start encountering tougher squads I start to miss my starting weapon.

The bile spewer is okay, but doesn't have the range and the retreat damage potential that the default Bolter does; would there be a way to give the PC (or any heroes/units with a similar issue) a way to get back the default weapon?
Asmon
Level 4

Postby Asmon » Mon 27 May, 2013 8:03 am

It has been discussed abundantly already and I believe caeltos is still thinking about it.
Ace of Swords
Level 5

Postby Ace of Swords » Mon 27 May, 2013 3:09 pm

IMO i think the pc should simply be able to get an upgraded bolter much likely the tm can get the master crafter bolter, so that he can retain his dot, ofc such bolter should come with an ability, but i have no idea of what it could be.
Asmon
Level 4

Postby Asmon » Mon 27 May, 2013 5:13 pm

MCB only gives TM a +2.92 DPS. It is mostly the ability that makes it worthy.

We could think about an ability for a Nurgle bolter. To increase PC ranged damage sounds risky as far as OPness is concerned, especially combined with his other anti-melee wargears and Nurgle worship.

I'll be ok with a low-cost upgrade to come back to his default weapon.
Darkbulborb
Level 2

Postby Darkbulborb » Mon 27 May, 2013 5:19 pm

Maybe just a funny little idea for the mekboy turret:

Since the turret is operated by grots (gretchin), and grething are much more accurate than any other ork, it could be that the hit factor of the ork turret could be better than other turrets, or that since the grots inside are often used as assistants, they know how to repair the turret, sort of auto-repairing, or (but this one is quite impossible I think) that when (melee) units get close (out of turret range) the grots jump out of the turret and start attacking the attackers. (very low damage but hey, would be cool)

That according to the mek turret.

I was also thinking of maybe changing the charge on the battlewagon to the looted tank, since the battlewagon already has the deff rolla rampage, and maybe letting the rampage doing some damage to vehicles as well.
Vapor
Level 3

Postby Vapor » Mon 27 May, 2013 6:05 pm

Asmon wrote:MCB only gives TM a +2.92 DPS. It is mostly the ability that makes it worthy.

We could think about an ability for a Nurgle bolter. To increase PC ranged damage sounds risky as far as OPness is concerned, especially combined with his other anti-melee wargears and Nurgle worship.

Could spawn minions on kill like the sword? Might be OP, haven't really thought about it.
Follow my stream! twitch.tv/frozenvapor100
Ace of Swords
Level 5

Postby Ace of Swords » Mon 27 May, 2013 7:21 pm

fv100 wrote:
Asmon wrote:MCB only gives TM a +2.92 DPS. It is mostly the ability that makes it worthy.

Could spawn minions on kill like the sword? Might be OP, haven't really thought about it.

Yes that would be OP as hell, you would gather up armies of hormas/termas/guards/DA in a few seconds.

perhaps it could have a 'sniper' ability that can infect the target making the infected model explode doing damage and healing allies.

@asmon

the tm bolter costs 100/30, the pc bolter should be lower like 100/20 and would not increase his ranged damage, maybe his melee damage by abit and grant it the ability i suggested, also it should be called something around the lines of 'Blessed bolter or Nurgle' or 'Daemonic possessed bolter'.

The idea of this weapon would just be to grant the pc his standard bolter back as it's very good vs all inf, and to encourage abit this bolter it would grant an ability and abit of melee damage increase (as the pc's melee damage is the lowest between all the ranged heroes or so i heard.)
Lulgrim
Admin

Postby Lulgrim » Mon 27 May, 2013 7:34 pm

Ace of Swords wrote:Yes that would be OP as hell, you would gather up armies of hormas/termas/guards/DA in a few seconds.

Even single zombies would instantly shut down ranged squads by force melee...
Vapor
Level 3

Postby Vapor » Mon 27 May, 2013 7:35 pm

Lulgrim wrote:
Ace of Swords wrote:Yes that would be OP as hell, you would gather up armies of hormas/termas/guards/DA in a few seconds.

Even single zombies would instantly shut down ranged squads by force melee...

Just give this "plague bolter" a 75 power cost, I would still buy it for the lulz...
Follow my stream! twitch.tv/frozenvapor100
Servant of CTan
Level 1

Postby Servant of CTan » Mon 27 May, 2013 8:48 pm

Ace of Swords wrote:
fv100 wrote:

Yes that would be OP as hell, you would gather up armies of hormas/termas/guards/DA in a few seconds.

perhaps it could have a 'sniper' ability that can infect the target making the infected model explode doing damage and healing allies.

@asmon

the tm bolter costs 100/30, the pc bolter should be lower like 100/20 and would not increase his ranged damage, maybe his melee damage by abit and grant it the ability i suggested, also it should be called something around the lines of 'Blessed bolter or Nurgle' or 'Daemonic possessed bolter'.

The idea of this weapon would just be to grant the pc his standard bolter back as it's very good vs all inf, and to encourage abit this bolter it would grant an ability and abit of melee damage increase (as the pc's melee damage is the lowest between all the ranged heroes or so i heard.)

I like your idea, a DoT "snipe" ability would be pretty interesting. Maybe call the ability "Swarm of the Destroyer" in reference to the Destroyer plague in the fluff.

But what about instead of just acting like touch of Nurgle; the infected target would provide a slight health regen to allied infantry, and if the target dies while under the effect, maybe it could give nearby squads the ability to reinforce for a couple seconds?
Lost Son of Nikhel
Contributor

Postby Lost Son of Nikhel » Mon 27 May, 2013 9:45 pm

I'm working in a T2 Plague Bolter with only DOT damage, (i even have the model almost finished!) and in a third armour with bonus in the ranged weapons and something more to give to the PC a full ranged build and maybe a bit more strategic one.

But still needs some work if i want to present it to Caeltos and the community. :)
"Pater, peccavi in caelum et coram te; iam non sum dignus vocari filius tuus". Dixit autem pater: "manducemus et epulemur, quia hic filius meus mortuus erat et revixit, perierat et inventus est"

There will be no forgiveness for us.
Servant of CTan
Level 1

Postby Servant of CTan » Mon 27 May, 2013 10:47 pm

Lost Son of Nikhel wrote:I'm working in a T2 Plague Bolter with only DOT damage, (i even have the model almost finished!) and in a third armour with bonus in the ranged weapons and something more to give to the PC a full ranged build and maybe a bit more strategic one.

But still needs some work if i want to present it to Caeltos and the community. :)

Sounds awesome!
Commissar Yarrick
Level 3

Postby Commissar Yarrick » Tue 28 May, 2013 6:25 am

Sanctioned Psyker would be awesome
Dark Riku
Level 5

Postby Dark Riku » Tue 28 May, 2013 9:50 pm

If you want the upgraded plague bolter to have an ability it should be at least 30 power too.

I would be cautious with the suggestion for the ability you made.
It sounds like it can easily tip the melee battle to your favor,
especially since it's coming from your ranged hero.
Indrid

Postby Indrid » Tue 28 May, 2013 10:24 pm

Give him a DoT plasma gun (coloured green if possible) in T2 for 150/35. Yeyeye.
Darkbulborb
Level 2

Postby Darkbulborb » Thu 30 May, 2013 8:27 am

Mega Armored Nobz would be awesome, maybe as a global-teleport-in for warboss, or either as a Tier 3 units for Orks. They can be upgraded with a kombi shoota-skorcha or kombi shoota-rokkit launcha, come in pairs of 3, and have power klaws and shootas as normal weapons.

Maybe they can have an ability like in dow1 that they run fast, but lose health, furthermore they can't be suppressed.

They would cost 600 req and 100 power, alongside with 300 red.

1500 hp for each model. power klaw damage, and kommando shoota damage (don't know the exact amounts) they can break through walls and be barely knockbacked.

What do you guys think? ^^
Asmon
Level 4

Postby Asmon » Thu 30 May, 2013 11:16 am

Darkbulborb wrote:What do you guys think? ^^

No.
Kvek
Level 4

Postby Kvek » Thu 30 May, 2013 12:56 pm

Asmon wrote:

No.

NO-would be OP
viggih
Level 2

Postby viggih » Thu 30 May, 2013 2:40 pm

This is just something I've had rolling in my head for a few weeks, but would it be Awesome/Broken if the Armour of the Apothecarion included a jump pack instead of a +1 speed?

It's fluffy in the sense that he can now be much more aggressive and synergize with his Assault Marines(better than usual).
Lulgrim
Admin

Postby Lulgrim » Thu 30 May, 2013 3:02 pm

So basically wall-crushing Nobs with advanced ranged weapons and more than double health for +100 req and the red? Umm no I don't think so.

We don't have Mega Nob models anyway so the suggestion is moot for now.

viggih wrote:would it be Awesome/Broken if the Armour of the Apothecarion included a jump pack

Sounds funny at least. I doubt it would be too broken as Apo is quite fragile, you can't just jump in and troll everything. I was always a member of the Bolter Apo School so can't say how useful it would be for melee builds.
viggih
Level 2

Postby viggih » Thu 30 May, 2013 3:31 pm

Lulgrim wrote:Sounds funny at least. I doubt it would be too broken as Apo is quite fragile, you can't just jump in and troll everything. I was always a member of the Bolter Apo School so can't say how useful it would be for melee builds.

The idea was to use a build that was Sangiune Chainsword,the aforementioned armour and maybe purification rights to make him into a disruption unit that can survive a brawl and get out if he needs to.

Again this is me just brainstorming, but that is the beauty of the elite mod. Anyone can pitch in.

Return to “Community General Discussion”