Wish Lists (for beyond 2.1)

Generic non-balance topics.
Retaliation
Level 0

Re: Wish Lists (for beyond 2.1)

Postby Retaliation » Wed 12 Jun, 2013 6:04 am

Kvek wrote:Commisar with ranged gun hmm. I think he's fine with his current weapons, but would be awesome to see it :P

So do I. I kind of think of it like the techmarine's axe though. It opens up another style of play fitting with wargear he already has. In this case he already has the highest default range damage potentials for a melee commander at ~17dps range 24 (Better than the chaos lord who admittedly has 38 range).

Again though I just really want to see/play commissars looking like this every once in awhile.

Animation would be the biggest hurdle unless they have animations for both arms.
Kvek
Level 4

Postby Kvek » Wed 12 Jun, 2013 6:06 am

lul banner+bolter hmm. I think commie has a lot of playstyles, Executing enemy leaders, bionic eye catas/ogryns, or just mass execute near a bunker, he has a lot of weapons, and great accesories so a bolter isn't needed (but would be cool)
Retaliation
Level 0

Postby Retaliation » Wed 12 Jun, 2013 6:49 am

Yeah, out of all the heroes the commissar has some of the best variety in builds. Since I've started playing ELITE in the past month, I've been running him power sword/carapace/discipline. The changes to the last two have been phenomenal.

I try to get away with 3x guardsmen when there's no melee threat around. Giving 3 squads 15% damage bonus every battle, an additional stacking 100% buff for one squad along with 15% and suppression immunity for the commissar, AND healing the entire blob is something that I've never seen before I tried it and wouldn't have been possible in retail.

Nice to see someone else likes the idea though. It's a wish list, and since the only other thing I'm really interested in asking for (battle psyker) has been asked before, I figured I'd ask about this.
Commissar Yarrick
Level 3

Postby Commissar Yarrick » Sat 15 Jun, 2013 1:03 pm

Well I honestly like the idea of giving a bolter to Commissar or Master Crafter Bolt pistol... He could shoot with it like the Lord general but with default pistol animation. It would also help using the commissar's aura potential closer to one's own army as well.
Attachments

[The extension jpg has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

Raffa
Level 4

Postby Raffa » Sun 16 Jun, 2013 8:59 am

What is the purpose of this thread anyway?

Cos 0 things fantasised about here by the fanboys (oooooh I'd LOVEEE TO SEE commie with 2 guns/Kroot/etc) have happened.

Ah well keep dreaming.
Alexwellace
Level 1

Postby Alexwellace » Sun 16 Jun, 2013 9:14 am

The purpose of the thread you say? Hey look, its in the Title. Problem solved.

I personally would love to see a Chaplin, I'm sure I've seen one from Shuma and his mod. I know most armies only have 1 sub commander, but Orks have two and Tyranids have two.

I'd also love for the Seer council to have SOMETHING. Its a council of very strong psykers with no psyker powers, maybe you could buy them powers like a large scale immolate or a small eldritch storm much like the weird boy.
Kvek
Level 4

Postby Kvek » Sun 16 Jun, 2013 10:10 am

they have great special attacks lol
Asmon
Level 4

Postby Asmon » Sun 16 Jun, 2013 5:20 pm

Their special animation is non-existant and the special itself does friendly fire. No hp, no damage, cap' to 1 per player, infantry armor.

Nice try.
Kvek
Level 4

Postby Kvek » Sun 16 Jun, 2013 5:33 pm

Asmon wrote:Their special animation is non-existant and the special itself does friendly fire. No hp, no damage, cap' to 1 per player, infantry armor.

Nice try.

mehhy
for me it's an upgraded version of shees :p
Lost Son of Nikhel
Contributor

Postby Lost Son of Nikhel » Sun 16 Jun, 2013 7:00 pm

But their jump-when-they-attack with knockback it's great :D
"Pater, peccavi in caelum et coram te; iam non sum dignus vocari filius tuus". Dixit autem pater: "manducemus et epulemur, quia hic filius meus mortuus erat et revixit, perierat et inventus est"

There will be no forgiveness for us.
dance commander
Level 2

Postby dance commander » Sun 16 Jun, 2013 9:00 pm

Lost Son of Nikhel wrote:But their jump-when-they-attack with knockback it's great :D

They suffer from jump troops syndrome because of that gap closer, good for closing distance, shit for chasing in retreat.
Nuclear Arbitor
Level 5

Postby Nuclear Arbitor » Mon 17 Jun, 2013 3:12 am

the seer council is a poorly implemented unit but it didn't matter enough because it was t3, expensive, and limited to one hero. now they're still expensive and t3 but slightly cheaper and available to 3 heroes. really, they should be a misc wargear upgrade for the farseer that turns her into a squad hero like the lord general. that would have its own set of issues though, mostly having to do with a 4k health, hero ability unit.
Torpid

Postby Torpid » Mon 17 Jun, 2013 11:46 am

Nuclear Arbitor wrote:the seer council is a poorly implemented unit but it didn't matter enough because it was t3, expensive, and limited to one hero. now they're still expensive and t3 but slightly cheaper and available to 3 heroes. really, they should be a misc wargear upgrade for the farseer that turns her into a squad hero like the lord general. that would have its own set of issues though, mostly having to do with a 4k health, hero ability unit.

What lol?
Lets make Ordo Malleus great again!
Ace of Swords
Level 5

Postby Ace of Swords » Mon 17 Jun, 2013 2:22 pm

Nuclear Arbitor wrote:the seer council is a poorly implemented unit but it didn't matter enough because it was t3, expensive, and limited to one hero. now they're still expensive and t3 but slightly cheaper and available to 3 heroes. really, they should be a misc wargear upgrade for the farseer that turns her into a squad hero like the lord general. that would have its own set of issues though, mostly having to do with a 4k health, hero ability unit.

expensive? are you serious? 500 req and 300 red on FS beside the fact that they are fast, can retreat,and are infantry which despite of what you can say is a great advantage. 700/100 for the other commanders is an appropriate price they are very strong under every aspect.
Nuclear Arbitor
Level 5

Postby Nuclear Arbitor » Tue 18 Jun, 2013 2:56 am

300 red is expensive although the exact worth of it is very commander dependent. not worth as much on farseer as on the other commanders but it's still worth quite a bit. 500 req is expensive but not really expensive.
Kvek
Level 4

Postby Kvek » Tue 18 Jun, 2013 8:33 am

Lol arbitor the "farseer council" idea...
Commissar Yarrick
Level 3

Postby Commissar Yarrick » Tue 18 Jun, 2013 10:14 am

DJ Raffa wrote:What is the purpose of this thread anyway?

Cos 0 things fantasised about here by the fanboys (oooooh I'd LOVEEE TO SEE commie with 2 guns/Kroot/etc) have happened.

Ah well keep dreaming.

Well it IS a WISH LIST.
Stop being an idiot because I know you are not.
Last edited by Commissar Yarrick on Tue 18 Jun, 2013 10:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Commissar Yarrick
Level 3

Postby Commissar Yarrick » Tue 18 Jun, 2013 10:20 am

Alexwellace wrote:The purpose of the thread you say? Hey look, its in the Title. Problem solved.

I personally would love to see a Chaplin, I'm sure I've seen one from Shuma and his mod. I know most armies only have 1 sub commander, but Orks have two and Tyranids have two.

I'd also love for the Seer council to have SOMETHING. Its a council of very strong psykers with no psyker powers, maybe you could buy them powers like a large scale immolate or a small eldritch storm much like the weird boy.

Well Id like to see a model changes because of this

"The Seer Council is an Ulthwé Eldar special force consisting of between two and five Farseers and at least three Warlocks but not restricting the total number. During times of conflict the Seer Council will use their power to divine the best times to enter a battle and open the Webway portals to allow Ulthwé strike forces to make the raids they are most famous for."

source: http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Seer_Co ... cAlqPnWOP4

2 Farseer models and 3 Warlock models in same group would look better. The abilities are then up for a debate.
TomastheTankEngine
Developer

Postby TomastheTankEngine » Tue 18 Jun, 2013 11:19 am

I have had a quick look I have a feeling it might be possible to rearrange the unit tabs on the side of the UI. This means I could have the game rearrange the tabs by the selection key rather then build order. Just missing one key component but I think I can find it somewhere. Is this something that people would like?
FiSH
Level 3

Postby FiSH » Tue 18 Jun, 2013 11:50 am

TomastheTankEngine wrote:I have had a quick look I have a feeling it might be possible to rearrange the unit tabs on the side of the UI. This means I could have the game rearrange the tabs by the selection key rather then build order. Just missing one key component but I think I can find it somewhere. Is this something that people would like?

I personally asked if this could be done before, because this would certainly help me look at units as well as put abilities on units. I'm glad to hear that this is something that can be done.

Now hopefully we can get sternguard and vanguard and still look at the same spot to check their health, or habitually use the choppa on the 2nd unit from the top without worrying that the sluggas were repurchased after shootas! :D
><%FiSH((@>
Lulgrim
Admin

Postby Lulgrim » Tue 18 Jun, 2013 12:43 pm

TomastheTankEngine wrote:I have had a quick look I have a feeling it might be possible to rearrange the unit tabs on the side of the UI. This means I could have the game rearrange the tabs by the selection key rather then build order. Just missing one key component but I think I can find it somewhere. Is this something that people would like?

Yes it's been a regularly complained flaw of the UI since vanilla days.
Ace of Swords
Level 5

Postby Ace of Swords » Tue 18 Jun, 2013 1:00 pm

YES
YES
YES
Kvek
Level 4

Postby Kvek » Tue 18 Jun, 2013 1:33 pm

Ace of Swords wrote:

YES
YES
YES

Do it and they will love u :D
TomastheTankEngine
Developer

Postby TomastheTankEngine » Tue 18 Jun, 2013 2:38 pm

I found the function I wanted. I will try implement it tonight.
Nuclear Arbitor
Level 5

Postby Nuclear Arbitor » Wed 19 Jun, 2013 3:26 am

is there anyway to show a number on the unit decorator so that i know which of the two similar health guardians i'm trying to select? i asked lulgrim earlier and he said no at that point but maybe things have changed.
TomastheTankEngine
Developer

Postby TomastheTankEngine » Wed 19 Jun, 2013 11:31 am

Nuclear Arbitor wrote:is there anyway to show a number on the unit decorator so that i know which of the two similar health guardians i'm trying to select? i asked lulgrim earlier and he said no at that point but maybe things have changed.

Yes I think it should be possible but only with a lot of changes to the squad decorators if I understand them correctly. Each decorator image would have to have a number drawn onto them. So for example there the decorator for power melee would have to 10 different versions each with a different number between 0 to 9 paint on them. From there I can apply the decorator based on control group.

If some wants to repaint all the decorators with numbers I will write the code to assign the decorator based on control group.
Lulgrim
Admin

Postby Lulgrim » Wed 19 Jun, 2013 11:47 am

I can customize the decorators if you can whip up a working prototype. I think they would have to go below the health/energy bar or on either side of it... Above the upgrade decorator wouldn't look nice. Vehicles don't have decorators but we can make a blank one for them.

Btw, if we go this way we can leave allied/enemy decorators unnumbered, but replays would still probably display control groups for the "home team".

Some wargear/upgrades/squad leaders change the decorator so all these events must check the control group too.
TomastheTankEngine
Developer

Postby TomastheTankEngine » Wed 19 Jun, 2013 12:07 pm

Okay, I am just figuring how to intercept the control group assignment event for reorganising the unit tabs. Once I know how to do that I will write something that can change the decorator, if we can get that working I will write a function to update the upgrade decorators.
ushermr16
Level 0

Postby ushermr16 » Wed 19 Jun, 2013 12:15 pm

I got a new idea.I think the GK Rhino can have a reinforce aura in T2 upgrade.Maybe can put it with the vehicle armor upgrade.Cost about 120/40.
Dark Riku
Level 5

Postby Dark Riku » Wed 19 Jun, 2013 12:26 pm

Not really a new idea ^^
Been suggested numerous times in the past already.
A change I would also like to see.

Be able to reinforce with the armor upgrade.
But lose that ability with the lascannon (and maybe even the HB) upgrade.
Or makes reinforcing way slower/only when not in combat.
If that's possible mechanic wise.

Any of those mixes :p

Return to “Community General Discussion”