Wish Lists (for beyond 2.1)

Generic non-balance topics.
Raffa
Level 4

Re: Wish Lists (for beyond 2.1)

Postby Raffa » Tue 04 Jun, 2013 9:49 am

sk4zi wrote:a jump pack costing 200/40 (double req as teleporter) and giveing a bit health too would be awseome.
just make the jump cost 60 or 65 energy. than apo cant heal directly after his jump, not to mention jump out ... but the disrupt should remain

Is there any balance reason for giving the Apo a jump pack? Thought not.

sk4zi wrote:also i would love to see real thousand sons like described. (but true, that Mark of tzeentch already exists thou)
its actually normal marines with a sorcerer as champion.
in TT they cant get no wheapon upgrade, are slow until they geht their champ (like Phantom guard) and have double amount of health (2 LP).
(dunno if this is still like this in TT ) The sorc champ ofc should have the doombolt ability
i also can imagine this squad with the possibility to geht more than just the doombolt ability (consume)

I'm not a great mathematician, but I'd say the chances of this happening are around 0.00%.

sk4zi wrote:Maga amored nobz sould be a super unit with cost 800/200 if it anytime happens ...

I'd love to see them too!!! Just make the models and animations and give them to Lulgrim when you're done ok??

sk4zi wrote:the drop pod global for SM is really underused.

k you really have no idea what you're talking about
Servant of CTan
Level 1

Postby Servant of CTan » Tue 04 Jun, 2013 12:59 pm

Okay question for the higher tier players and the mod elders:

In the hypothetical situation where ONE new faction could be added, complete with models, animations, effects, ect. What would you feel would fit the current meta game the best?

From the looks of it, the current factions are fairly balanced, so if ONE and only ONE faction could be added, which would fit a niche that is not already currently filled, and this make the whole thing redundant?

I know I would pick the Necrons, but even if the models, animations, ect. were a non-issue, they might be too close to SM gameplay-wise to warrant their addition; as much as it would pain me to admit.

So in your collective opinions which would be a better fit?

Dark Eldar
Tau
Adeptus Mechanicus
Sisters of Battle
Necrons

Out of those possiblities, which would offer better gameplay without feeling redundant to what is currently in game?

Personally, I would prefer an alien faction to ANOTHER Imperium faction.
Kvek
Level 4

Postby Kvek » Tue 04 Jun, 2013 1:15 pm

honestly i wouldn't pick any of them. But if i had to i would choose the one that would just fit in it without breaking balance etc
Servant of CTan
Level 1

Postby Servant of CTan » Tue 04 Jun, 2013 1:25 pm

Kvek wrote:honestly i wouldn't pick any of them. But if i had to i would choose the one that would just fit in it without breaking balance etc

Do you have a faction you would like to see added?
Kvek
Level 4

Postby Kvek » Tue 04 Jun, 2013 1:38 pm

i would like adeptus mechanicus btw :)
Servant of CTan
Level 1

Postby Servant of CTan » Tue 04 Jun, 2013 2:06 pm

Kvek wrote:i would like adeptus mechanicus btw :)

Not another IoM faction lol.

I like the AM, but would they (again, all hypothetical here) add anything unique to the game? My guess is they would seem very similar to the IG in terms of vehicle usage. Sure a Titan super unit would be cool, but how would you picture them fitting into the balancing without feeling redundant?

I would say probobly Dark Eldar would be the best bet for "unique-ness" Necrons would be too similar to SM, and Tau would be too similar to IG.

And while I do enjoy the IoM I would like something other than another human faction to be added; I mean we already have SM, IG, and GK (specialty SMs I know, but still different enough to warrant their own classification as a faction).
Lost Son of Nikhel
Contributor

Postby Lost Son of Nikhel » Tue 04 Jun, 2013 2:32 pm

Servant of CTan wrote:Dark Eldar

We have no models, no animations... and maybe they are too much similar to Eldars but (AFAIK) even more glass cannon and more focused in debuff the enemy instead of buffed themselves.

Servant of CTan wrote:Tau

We have models, and they could use some IG animations.

The problem is maybe they are too much ranged focused, because AFAIK they suck in melee combat (except the Kroot squads) In essence they are IG but maybe less vehicle focused.

Servant of CTan wrote:Adeptus Mechanicus

No models, no animations... and i don't like the faction :lol:

Servant of CTan wrote:Sisters of Battle

Yeah, DOW2 needs more chicks :P

SM with more members and less health per member and maybe with "Faith" abilities? (like the orks WAAAAGH abilities?) Oh, and flame focus.

I would like to see they, but we almost have models or animation for them. :|

Servant of CTan wrote:Necrons

We have some models, but i'm not very how would be the faction mechanic.
"Pater, peccavi in caelum et coram te; iam non sum dignus vocari filius tuus". Dixit autem pater: "manducemus et epulemur, quia hic filius meus mortuus erat et revixit, perierat et inventus est"

There will be no forgiveness for us.
Servant of CTan
Level 1

Postby Servant of CTan » Tue 04 Jun, 2013 2:57 pm

Lost Son of Nikhel wrote:
Servant of CTan wrote:Dark Eldar

We have no models, no animations... and maybe they are too much similar to Eldars but (AFAIK) even more glass cannon and more focused in debuff the enemy instead of buffed themselves.

Servant of CTan wrote:Tau

We have models, and they could use some IG animations.

The problem is maybe they are too much ranged focused, because AFAIK they suck in melee combat (except the Kroot squads) In essence they are IG but maybe less vehicle focused.

Servant of CTan wrote:Adeptus Mechanicus

No models, no animations... and i don't like the faction :lol:

Servant of CTan wrote:Sisters of Battle

Yeah, DOW2 needs more chicks :P

SM with more members and less health per member and maybe with "Faith" abilities? (like the orks WAAAAGH abilities?) Oh, and flame focus.

I would like to see they, but we almost have models or animation for them. :|

Servant of CTan wrote:Necrons

We have some models, but i'm not very how would be the faction mechanic.

Very cool, love the faction mecanics you suggested.

I know there is bound to be some overlap of playstyles in the factions; I just wanted to get everyone's take on which one would (hypothetically) the the most unique of the factions?

Didn't know we had some Necron models; as far as faction mecanics, obviously regeneration would play a big role, but I am not sure how that could be incorporated without making them OP. Also, spoken as a true Necron fanboy, I am not sure the Necron would fit into the current meta game, without coming across as: "Like SM but robots." This coming from my brief experience in playing the game. :(

Unless I'm missing something, or some of the more experienced players have an awesome idea for how to (hypothetically) include them, I don't think they would lend themselves to the DoW 2 playstyle very well.
Kvek
Level 4

Postby Kvek » Tue 04 Jun, 2013 3:07 pm

Can somebody send me the program for modeling. or at least tell me where i can find it ?:)
Raffa
Level 4

Postby Raffa » Tue 04 Jun, 2013 3:22 pm

Kvek wrote:Can somebody send me the program for modeling. or at least tell me where i can find it ?:)

Talk to Shuma or Bloodravage. I'm sure Lulgrim can give you a way to contact one/both of them if you ask him nicely :mrgreen:
Indrid

Postby Indrid » Tue 04 Jun, 2013 3:48 pm

(...) AFAIK they suck in melee combat (except the Kroot squads) (...)

Kroot are no longer a close combat squad in 6th Ed. really. Less Strength and 1 less attack with no save iirc. They can now infiltrate, outflank and carry sniper guns. Tau just have more ways to annoy close combat now (and crazy pew pew) rather than meet it head on with Kroot and hope they live.
Lag
Level 3

Postby Lag » Tue 04 Jun, 2013 5:18 pm

Jump packs on Catachans would be great. Thanks.
krakza
Level 2

Postby krakza » Tue 04 Jun, 2013 6:38 pm

Servant of CTan wrote:Personally, I would prefer an alien faction to ANOTHER Imperium faction.

+1
Torpid

Postby Torpid » Tue 04 Jun, 2013 9:15 pm

Lag wrote:Jump packs on Catachans would be great. Thanks.

Yeah, either that or teleporting ogryns.

Not an active ability of ogryns of course... Rather an ability of the subcommander psyker nearby.
Lets make Ordo Malleus great again!
Nuclear Arbitor
Level 5

Postby Nuclear Arbitor » Wed 05 Jun, 2013 3:27 am

i would like squats.
viggih
Level 2

Postby viggih » Wed 05 Jun, 2013 3:44 am

How about some ratling snipers for good measure?
Darkbulborb
Level 2

Postby Darkbulborb » Wed 05 Jun, 2013 10:48 am

sk4zi wrote:
Mega amored nobz sould be a super unit with cost 800/200 if it anytime happens ...
alothough they are waeker than terms in TT since they have just an armor save.

I really want to see them in dow2, I can already think of some pretty powerful tactics with painboy and stuff. but yeah, that's basically the same as the apoth with terms except that painboy can upgrade them.

I really hope someone is willing to make a meganob model :D If I could I would've done it xd
Kvek
Level 4

Postby Kvek » Wed 05 Jun, 2013 11:02 am

no offense but mega armored nobz seriously ? you couldn't think about something that wouldn't break the game ?
Kvek
Level 4

Postby Kvek » Wed 05 Jun, 2013 11:03 am

and the battlewagon right now is the best super unit out there.
Caeltos

Postby Caeltos » Wed 05 Jun, 2013 1:40 pm

Don't shoot down peoples suggestions. They're entitled to them. Without the exact number given to their unit statistics/performance, there's no reason to go out and call it "broken" or "op", for shits'n'giggles, what if they were added and had 1 health & 1 dps, I wouldnt' hardly call the new unit "OP". :mrgreen:

However, specific roles // army-synergization is important to consider. What would be the reason to go for such a unit over, Nobs or something. What are the pros/cons of the unit, and the synergy within the ork army, let-alone, the army composition that it would be ideal to fit in. What would be the other matchups response to it?
sk4zi
Level 3

Postby sk4zi » Wed 05 Jun, 2013 2:31 pm

DJ Raffa wrote:Is there any balance reason for giving the Apo a jump pack? Thought not.

is there any balance reason for a wish? Thought not.

DJ Raffa wrote:I'm not a great mathematician, but I'd say the chances of this happening are around 0.00%.

aha

raffa wrote:I'd love to see them too!!! Just make the models and animations and give them to Lulgrim when you're done ok??

whut? i just commented 2 pages of dicussion, ok??

raffa wrote:k you really have no idea what you're talking about

could you explain this?
nids also can drop warriors, orks can drop commandos
im pretty sure i know very well what im talking about. maybe you use it. i hardly see it used.

atually i thought this is more or less a brainstorming thread for what is possible and what want the ppl to see. i tink all the things i postet are possible and cool. at this moment, i dont think about balance at all because this is not a balance thread.

but maybe i was wrong mister Raffa
for me, this sounds like you want just blame alle the people who want to post a wish.
Darkbulborb
Level 2

Postby Darkbulborb » Wed 05 Jun, 2013 3:46 pm

Yeah I already tried to make some statistics for meganobz but I got blown of because it was OP, instead of discussing and coming to a solution where they wouldn't be OP so I stopped trying :P

But yeah, still I think of meganobz more equal to terminators than normal nobz, I mean true, nobz have 2 more models and can easily handle terminators (not the ones with the claws though) but still, they're just orks and take normal ork damage. The only benefit they have that they remain longer on the field is their amount of health per nob, and in combination with painboy's heal I suppose they're fine and they deal tons of damage. But it's just that orks don't really have a tank unit (besides warboss). With orks (how I see it atm, and don't blow me off on this, it's just how I see it) it's always a bit less than other armies, because of their technology (which makes sense) so why can't we just have meganobz (terminators) to a slightly lesser power but still with the tank role it would provide for orks. It would actually get sluggas in combat if you send in meganobz first followed by sluggas, they attack very slowly (power klaws) have normal shootas (not that much damage, it's no big shoota or something) and I would suggest upgrades like a kombi shoota-skorcha (terminators have a super flamer too) or kombi shoota-rokkit launcha (the thing what's it called on the terminators back). In comparison that would make them equal to terminators, but still they'd lack an assault cannon upgrade.

They would suck against hordes (except for maybe with a skorcha then, but if they're locked in combat they won't use the skorcha), no lightning claws or shit for them, they are slow, have less health than terminators and can't teleport. They still are tanky but yeah. And that's why I think they should have a little something (ork tekkinoligery) that others won't have, so for example, a little overheat on their mega armours what would make them faster while losing HP to the heat for 10 seconds? (this is ofc discussable, i'm not saying that what I think of here should be the definite stats for meganobz) but yeah similar to DoW1.

I think it would make an awesome addition for the orks, and I agree, they should be somewhat more expensive than nobz, but not than the battlewagon, possibly 600/150? (discussable) and if it's such a problem make them a warboss global (or the fifth global for everyone) tier 3, with the red cost for terminators.
dance commander
Level 2

Postby dance commander » Wed 05 Jun, 2013 3:58 pm

You guys are missing the point, It's not the idea of having mega armored nobz wrong, it's the fact that there are no resources to implement them in the first place, no model, no textures, no animation, no particle effects and sound effects.

Numbers are easy to tweak, the above isn't nearly as easy to make, a great deal of the stuff that is in the mod was from the time modders like shuma used to create stuff for dow2.
Darkbulborb
Level 2

Postby Darkbulborb » Wed 05 Jun, 2013 4:02 pm

I suppose it's not easy to do all that stuff, haha, but I am actually interested in how could I do these things, I'd love to spend some time in trying new things out and maybe design such models, although it's gonna be a long way, but I don't even know what program to use, haha.

Maybe some of you have some information about that?
dance commander
Level 2

Postby dance commander » Wed 05 Jun, 2013 4:22 pm

Darkbulborb wrote:Maybe some of you have some information about that?

Sorry, I have no experience about that, can't help you.
Dark Riku
Level 5

Postby Dark Riku » Wed 05 Jun, 2013 4:45 pm

As long as you make them equally useless as terminators, sure.
Slow speed, no retreat and no reinforce from CDB.
Lulgrim
Admin

Postby Lulgrim » Wed 05 Jun, 2013 6:00 pm

Darkbulborb wrote:I suppose it's not easy to do all that stuff, haha, but I am actually interested in how could I do these things, I'd love to spend some time in trying new things out and maybe design such models, although it's gonna be a long way, but I don't even know what program to use, haha.

Maybe some of you have some information about that?

http://forums.relicnews.com/forumdispla ... etek-Cabal
Ar-Aamon
Level 3

Postby Ar-Aamon » Sun 09 Jun, 2013 2:58 pm

Caeltos mentioned to implement the Dreadknight (someone is working on it he said). So my wish is that the Dreadknight will look like this:

(more pics in http://www.dakkadakka.com/gallery/images-38578-25580_Dreadknight%20Terminator.html)

Because the design of GW sucks. :mrgreen:
Retaliation
Level 0

Postby Retaliation » Wed 12 Jun, 2013 2:38 am

Ranged wargear option for the commissar whether it be 2 pistols akimbo (as seems to be popular on the tabletop) or just a lasgun/bolter. Possibly at the cost of his shield. I think it would open up quite a few different playstyles similar to the enhanced kustom shoota, but if I'm honest I just think it's the kind of stylish thing that would fit so well with the commissar.
Kvek
Level 4

Postby Kvek » Wed 12 Jun, 2013 5:03 am

Commisar with ranged gun hmm. I think he's fine with his current weapons, but would be awesome to see it :P

Return to “Community General Discussion”