Some feedback on the AI

Generic non-balance topics.
Edorn
Level 0

Re: Some feedback on the AI

Postby Edorn » Sat 01 Oct, 2016 2:52 pm

Honestly I've seen the latest IG AI use alot of creeping barrage and bombing runs to great effect, so maybe leave him with these.
Also the IG AI is terribly underpowered, because IG troops are fragile the AI loses tons of them for example retreating with 2 guardsman left only for them to die in melee or using weapon crews like normal infantry- running around casualy-
In 3v3 IG teams gets steamrolled, even with me supporting them
My latest game with me+IG VS chaos had IG players with 30-40 kills, and chaos players with 120-160 kills.
BUT this AI is better then the former version i played. It seems catachan spam is over. (same with chaos which used to spam cultists)
KanKrusha
Level 3

Postby KanKrusha » Sat 01 Oct, 2016 8:11 pm

Thanks, I put the bunker in but AI doesn't use it because it burns all the red on artillery. You may see it occasionally for flavah.

Above version has an intermittent bug (ai error in about one in 4 or 5 games)which I think I have fixed for next version (2.11).
KanKrusha
Level 3

Postby KanKrusha » Sun 02 Oct, 2016 5:29 am

Version 2.11 of the AI (a little bug fix)

If you don't know where your Elite folder is then please do not try this. I am not smart enough to make an installer.

ONE. BEFORE YOU INSTALL either:
1. Make a safe copy of your elite folder that you can revert to
or 2. Be prepared to re-install elite after testing
or 3. Just wait for the next version of elite to be released

TWO. DOWNLOAD AND EXTRACT THE FILES
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B9O7D ... 0Y4QVR1N2c

There should be two bat files and a simulation folder

THREE. PASTE THE FILES INTO THE Config FOLDER OF YOUR ELITE FOLDER
path should be something like this C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\dawn of war ii - retribution\Elite\Config

FOUR. DOUBLE CLICK ON EACH bat file
update_kk_attrib_files and
update_kk_data_ai

FIVE. LAUNCH USING YOUR NORMAL ELITE FOLDER
To test watch an ai as warp spider, if he is jumping in combat then you have successfully installed
jmcopel
Level 1

Postby jmcopel » Sat 12 Nov, 2016 2:04 pm

Edorn wrote:Yo KK, just had to tell you of the game I just had, IG vs Orks, 3v3 all expert- what a match..the best in all my DOW years (including DOW1)
Both sides used ALL of their arsenal, orks were using mass infantry included stuff ive never seen them use like flash gitz and tankbustas, the IG forces (sporting steel legion skin) used all their infantry except spotters, they called leman russ and upgraded them, and called baneblades that clashed with the greenskin battlewagons.
I use 300 pop cap, things got insane, 90% of the battlefield was scorched earth by the end of the match (1000 victory point), felt like one of the hive city battles from the armageddon series.
Wish I knew what made the AI give me such an amazing game, yesterday I played the same setup (different map) and the orks spammed tanks which fell quickly to my AV hunting teams.

I've had this before. Games against AI can be either 'the most exciting match in DoW2 history' or, 'goodness, this is boring. Let's start a new game'. I understand Elite it more focussed on PVP, but I'd love to see some attention given to AI. I'd be happy to test!
The Licking Boogyman
Level 3

Postby The Licking Boogyman » Mon 28 Nov, 2016 2:04 pm

Ai was more challenging in vanilla, cause they could actually attack power, i mean OK they spammed Tier 3 units like there is no tomorrow but it had something i would say. Its just that picking which units by calculating the opponent would be maybe gud, spamming units get roasted From the get go is sad :( but well yeah they always get rekt by humana just starters could lose to vanilla expert ai, while Elite for some reason doesnt Seen to have the Ressource bonus of vanilla, which controls the tier3 spam but not making it better then a hard ai, i even saw how hard bots beat expert bots ... So yeah my opinion on bots :/
LordMordum
Level 0

Postby LordMordum » Sun 18 Dec, 2016 1:06 am

hey how is it going on this mod ? With the latest update of 2,6 ? I still play a lot of coop game vs computer with my GF, but the AI is still....hardly up to it.

Return to “Community General Discussion”