Community effort - Kasrkin voices!

Generic non-balance topics.
Metal C0Mmander
Level 2

Re: Community effort - Kasrkin voices!

Postby Metal C0Mmander » Sat 12 Mar, 2016 11:10 am

Helios wrote:You guys are putting just a tad way too much stock into the fluff here. Do people try to make Catachan Devils wildly different across the various different skins? No, Catachans have a unique personality among the IG that you can't force their models to fit in the skins that have been made for the mod or the Death Korps, thus they always look the same. So apply that same concept to Kasrkins. They're a special squad "on loan" with the regiment you're playing as. Simple as that.

The difference between catachan and kasrkin is that catachan's have a way of acting and fighting that is very unique to them while the grenadiers are essentially kasrkins for other regiments the only difference being that grenadiers don't infiltrate or deep strike but even in the elite mod the squad already doesn't do that. And even the catchans' style is similar to some penal legionaire. I mean look at these guys and tell me they aren't essentialy the same thing as the unit we've got.
ImageImage

On an other note can anyone tell me how to resize images?

Sorcerer wrote:Imperial Guard as a faction is Cadian, though. It's why guardsmen sometimes say 'You're Cadians, act like it' and 'Show them Cadian ferocity!'.

You are actually right on that point even if that's Relic shitting the bed considering the base game contain color scheme for othe regiments like the endoland and the Harakoni Warhawks or the official kreigsmen DLC. It's essentially like if the salanmenders in the game shouted "Knowlege is power, guard it well". Overall it does show that not preperaring your lore for things like that in advance it can really make a mess of things.

Anyway to make a long story short and because I really think this has gone on for far too long (my fault really), let's just say that kasrkin should be grenadiers but it doesn't matter because that part of the game's fluff is broken already. Agreed? Agreed.
Consider that whenever I speak of balance I'm speking of team games. I suck at 1v1 and I'm fine with that.
Seòras
Level 1

Postby Seòras » Sat 12 Mar, 2016 11:36 am

Just a thought, but might I suggest perhaps a google doc or spreadsheet of some kind that everyone can add lines to? That way we have all the lines and categories in one place and people can also leave comments as to whether something fits or not, or the reasons for including said line.

It'll also be something that I can use as the actual script to read off when it comes to recording. It could also have several tabs for any other units in the future that may want scripting. Just to keep things nice and tidy =)
www.seorasvoiceacting.com
Metal C0Mmander
Level 2

Postby Metal C0Mmander » Sat 12 Mar, 2016 12:42 pm

Seòras wrote:Just a thought, but might I suggest perhaps a google doc or spreadsheet of some kind that everyone can add lines to? That way we have all the lines and categories in one place and people can also leave comments as to whether something fits or not, or the reasons for including said line.

That sounds like a great idea and I'm willing to post there myself. Unfortunatly you will have to ask someone else or set up the document yourself because I'm not tech savy at all.
Consider that whenever I speak of balance I'm speking of team games. I suck at 1v1 and I'm fine with that.
Crewfinity
Level 4

Postby Crewfinity » Sun 13 Mar, 2016 6:48 pm

Seòras wrote:Just a thought, but might I suggest perhaps a google doc or spreadsheet of some kind that everyone can add lines to? That way we have all the lines and categories in one place and people can also leave comments as to whether something fits or not, or the reasons for including said line.

It'll also be something that I can use as the actual script to read off when it comes to recording. It could also have several tabs for any other units in the future that may want scripting. Just to keep things nice and tidy =)

ask and ye shall recieve ;)

I made a google spreadsheet to store it all, available for anyone to edit. Feel free to change the formatting or whatever. I'm still in the process of moving all te submitted responses to the spreadsheet so its a WIP. anyone else feel free to add any other submission you want under the relevant header!

Link to the Spreadsheet: (you want to look at the second sheet in it)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing
50 Shades of Salty
Level 0

Postby 50 Shades of Salty » Sun 13 Mar, 2016 11:03 pm

I've a few ideas on the matter.

Attack: For the Throne!
Attack (Specific target): Send these dogs screaming into the Warp! (CSM)
Target Destroyed(Specific target): Only a true Guardsman stands when the fight is over. (IG)
Select: Officer on the field!
Move: Advance on the target.
Halt(Stop): Full stop, lads!
Capping (VP, Power Node & Requisition point): Securing a vital objective!
>> Point taken ^: Battle lines extended, sir.
Abilities: Lets show em' what Cadians can do!
Under Fire (From specific unit): Chaos Space Marines on our position! (CSM)
Grenade Warnings (I'm not sure this works propertly for alot of the existing units, but it's there nevertheless): Incoming! Get to cover!
Supressed: This is looking grim! We need fire support!
Spotting factions (Units?): Eldar Pathfinders spotted! Get ready for an ambush!
Low on health(squad members): Squad below effiency, sir! Morale also suffering.
Retreating: Fall back to a better position!
Entering Building(Garrison): Securing the building for a tactical advantage.
Exiting Building(Garrison): Best to move on, lads. More fighting to be done.
Entering transport: All men aboard! One, two! One, two!
Exiting transport: Disembark!
Idle chat (This triggers rarely): I wonder how many of us have fallen in the past day...
Crewfinity
Level 4

Postby Crewfinity » Sun 13 Mar, 2016 11:20 pm

all suggestions have now been put into the google spreadsheet! Everyone else if you have any more suggestions please just add it directly there :)

here's the link once again:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing
Psycho
Level 3

Postby Psycho » Mon 14 Mar, 2016 2:40 am

Honestly surprised to not see 'Krak out!' to go with 'Frag out!'.
Seòras
Level 1

Postby Seòras » Mon 14 Mar, 2016 9:54 am

Ah this is great stuff. Once we have a good bunch of lines we'll have to cut it down to just the best ones so we're left with a script that's up to par with the rest of the games dialogue. We don't need to go completely overboard with lines, just make the line count enough so that its about the same as the already existing voice sets. We can save some good lines for the next unit that way so there's no overlap =)
Metal C0Mmander
Level 2

Postby Metal C0Mmander » Mon 14 Mar, 2016 10:15 am

There's a couple lines that I propose that aren't in the document. Is it because they've been removed or should I add them? As for later rejected lines may I propose to have them striked instead of ereased just to avois confusion. Also don't IGs have lines for when the comissar lord shoot them or is it just for the guarsmen?
Seòras
Level 1

Postby Seòras » Mon 14 Mar, 2016 12:36 pm

Yeah, just striking through a line is probably best I think to avoid confusion. Regarding character I think we should possibly have them a bit more grounded and keep the glory-praise-in-your-name stuff to a minimum. Leave that to the Space Marines, these guys I figure are a bit more world wary and, well, more human =)
Sturnn
Level 2

Postby Sturnn » Mon 14 Mar, 2016 12:57 pm

To be honest, I would love to see them the way Aaron Dembski-Bowden created his own Kasrkin Andrej in ,,Helsreach" :)
Metal C0Mmander
Level 2

Postby Metal C0Mmander » Mon 14 Mar, 2016 1:40 pm

Sturnn wrote:To be honest, I would love to see them the way Aaron Dembski-Bowden created his own Kasrkin Andrej in ,,Helsreach" :)

I've googled him up and I now he's a 40k author but that doesn't tell me what personality the kasrkin had in his book. Could you tell me please? In the meantime I will have to agree Seòras on how I think they should be acted. Mind you you can still keep a bit of that arogant attitude because one I don't think all kasrkins will have the same personallity and 2 because I feel that if you live in the imperium that's how your most likely to end up. Also I tried fucking about (yes fucking about since I don't really know know how to use that thing) in the Google doc and I was wondering if there was a way to make people know at a glance that there were comments on a proposed line?
Seòras
Level 1

Postby Seòras » Mon 14 Mar, 2016 2:03 pm

Right click a cell and click 'Insert Comment'. That should allow you to put a little note regarding whatever you want to point out. Not sure if there's any kind of list that shows all the comments though, but they show up well enough.

EDIT: Ah I see how, literally just right click the sheets tab at the bottom and click view comments =)
Metal C0Mmander
Level 2

Postby Metal C0Mmander » Mon 14 Mar, 2016 2:12 pm

Seòras wrote:EDIT: Ah I see how, literally just right click the sheets tab at the bottom and click view comments =)

Yup that should do it. Thanks a lot.
Seòras
Level 1

Postby Seòras » Mon 14 Mar, 2016 2:17 pm

I added a sheet for the Chaos Terminators too seeing how there were a lot of lines kicking around the forum for them already. Might as well transpose those too for the future =). Some sections might not be needed, but i'll leave that to those who know which to remove them.
Helios
Level 3

Postby Helios » Tue 15 Mar, 2016 6:00 pm

Couple years ago on an older computer I had the program that let you extract the .sga files that were the audio clips to listen to. That's what the people who made all the videos like this did: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r4dQXoFAxs8 As Caeltos pointed out, there are certain triggers. After rewatching this one as an example (since I'm a fan of Gideon Emery also in Diablo 3) I noticed that at 1:07 and 2:33 there are two lines I've never heard before, which sound like they were supposed to be used in case of friendly fire. I understand that vehicles have a chance of receiving damage meant for something else but they can block it, hence using vehicles as cover like in the TT. In game though I find that they just use the "Enemy Guardsmen attacking" line so maybe this can be fixed for the new lines and maybe for current units.

There's plenty of unused sound files that the mod took advantage of (Manticore upgrade is one of them) but listening to the full range of lines they say gives you an idea just how many are needed. Probably over a hundred or so. I used the raptors and I gotta say they are severely lacking in variety. Also, I'm curious if the new units like Dark Reapers have their own way of being identified uniquely so that kasrkins can say they're being attacked by say... Raptors or Fire Dragons who are unique to the Mod so they obviously have no corresponding lines that existing units can say when they attack or are attacked by them.

Return to “Community General Discussion”