2.5.1 Bugs/Issues

Generic non-balance topics.
Asmon
Level 4

Re: 2.5.1 Bugs/Issues

Postby Asmon » Tue 05 Apr, 2016 1:22 am

GuruSkippy wrote:Not sure if it's a bug or not.
If only slugga nob is alive in a slugga squad, you can't build a waaagh banner.
Not sure if the slugga nob was able to repair or not though.

Not sure if it's considered a bug but it's certainly a well-known fact. Nob cannot repair either iirc.
Dark Riku
Level 5

Postby Dark Riku » Tue 05 Apr, 2016 1:31 am

Sluggas nobs should be able to repair actually, Scout sarges can repair in Elite too for example.
The slugga nob should be able to build banners imo. (bug fix)
HARRYY
Level 2

Postby HARRYY » Wed 06 Apr, 2016 4:54 pm

Power sword+ carapace armor both equipped should break supression on lead by example. didn't work for the commie two times now. he was still supressed.. wonder if somebody cares or is it just buggy?
Psycho
Level 3

Postby Psycho » Wed 06 Apr, 2016 4:58 pm

HARRYY wrote:Power sword+ carapace armor both equipped should break supression on lead by example. didn't work for the commie two times now. he was still supressed.. wonder if somebody cares or is it just buggy?

Suppression break and immunity is only activated if you execute a squad with carapace armor equipped, unrelated to whether you use Lead By Example or not.
zensai555
Level 0

Postby zensai555 » Wed 06 Apr, 2016 6:46 pm

- HT warrior drop does not reinforce ( don`t know if other nid drops r also affected)
- some kb issues generally / kb in retreat seems 2 b back in some cases / etc. etc.
- eldar dire avenger shields protect from nade damage ?! don`t nades r ment 2 ignore cover generally ?!
(btw: thx 4 the great work 2 the modders and all others who r involved)
HARRYY
Level 2

Postby HARRYY » Wed 06 Apr, 2016 8:12 pm

Sorcerer wrote:
HARRYY wrote:Power sword+ carapace armor both equipped should break supression on lead by example. didn't work for the commie two times now. he was still supressed.. wonder if somebody cares or is it just buggy?

Suppression break and immunity is only activated if you execute a squad with carapace armor equipped, unrelated to whether you use Lead By Example or not.

Oh. I misread it...

Reduces the energy cost of Inspire Courage by 25, lowers its cooldown by 45 seconds and breaks suppression and grants suppression immunity for the Lord Commissar for 15 seconds when Inspire Courage is used

Ok so I execute while under supression and the LC as well gains supp.immunity for himself? (As well to the squad?)
Psycho
Level 3

Postby Psycho » Wed 06 Apr, 2016 8:18 pm

HARRYY wrote:Ok so I execute while under supression and the LC as well gains supp.immunity for himself? (As well to the squad?)

Yes and no. The commissar breaks suppression and gains immunity but the squad doesn't. If you want the squad to be immune you'd need to go for bionic eye, but at that point you'd have to choose between it and carapace armor.
Dark Riku
Level 5

Postby Dark Riku » Wed 06 Apr, 2016 10:28 pm

zensai555 wrote:- some kb issues generally / kb in retreat seems 2 b back in some cases / etc. etc.
Domino kb is possible in retreat.
zensai555 wrote:- eldar dire avenger shields protect from nade damage ?! don`t nades r ment 2 ignore cover generally ?!
Because how the game is coded, it ignores grenades as it is ranged damage. You need to throw the grenade from the same side for it to do damage.
Psycho
Level 3

Postby Psycho » Thu 07 Apr, 2016 3:21 am

Are banshees supposed to be immune to explosive shot's knockback while leaping?
The_Convertant
Level 1

Postby The_Convertant » Thu 07 Apr, 2016 6:14 am

Sorcerer wrote:Are banshees supposed to be immune to explosive shot's knockback while leaping?

Everything that can leap/jump in melee cannot be knocked back during the leap animation.
I am the Convertant, one of the five remaining active members in Taiwan BAHA DOW2 community
Psycho
Level 3

Postby Psycho » Fri 08 Apr, 2016 6:19 pm

Are sternguard vengeance rounds supposed to have 9 reload time? For a second I thought they bugged out and stopped firing altogether before checking the codex.
Asmon
Level 4

Postby Asmon » Fri 08 Apr, 2016 7:44 pm

So... you see something ingame, you check the Codex and confirm it matches what you saw... then ask whether it's a bug?

Long story short it's not.
Adeptus Noobus
Level 4

Postby Adeptus Noobus » Fri 08 Apr, 2016 7:47 pm

Yes, they always had a higher reload time.
Psycho
Level 3

Postby Psycho » Fri 08 Apr, 2016 8:31 pm

Asmon wrote:So... you see something ingame, you check the Codex and confirm it matches what you saw... then ask whether it's a bug?

Long story short it's not.

I initially thought it was a bug, but it threw me off seeing that it's intentionally triple the reload time of the other three rounds, nine seconds of it standing doing absolutely nothing. I probably haven't been here long enough to have seen the explanation that came with the change for that reload time, so I have no idea why it was 'balanced' like that instead of damage modifiers.
Lulgrim
Admin

Postby Lulgrim » Sat 09 Apr, 2016 5:27 pm

Burst damage?
Psycho
Level 3

Postby Psycho » Sat 09 Apr, 2016 9:11 pm

Lulgrim wrote:Burst damage?

As opposed to constant DPS option? Don't get me wrong, I'm not claiming it should be one thing or another, but at the start I figured it'd be a constant DPS alternative since there's already AV burst options like the lascannon, meltabomb, and missile launcher (which tacs lose the ability to equip once upgraded to sternguard, and even reloads faster), two of which have snaring effect, and antiSHI like sniper scouts. The damage delivery system is the same as the other rounds with just added reload time, so I wouldn't call a 21 second average constant 2 second burst 1 second cooldown damage time before a 9 second reload 'burst damage'.

Counter-intuitive is the word I'd probably be looking for regarding this issue in specific. I'll assume it's put that way for good reason and stop pressing the issue.
Radouane
Level 1

Postby Radouane » Thu 14 Apr, 2016 9:09 pm

why I dont recive all files when I install the full installer that you posted?: http://dawnofwar.info/dow2-elite-2.5.1-installer.exe
and I am new user it is first time I download this game.and I installed steam that I had to look for it by my self...
Indrid

Postby Indrid » Thu 14 Apr, 2016 9:40 pm

You receive all of the mod's files.

You must buy the base game first, which requires Steam. We can't distribute those.
Black Maw
Level 1

Postby Black Maw » Fri 15 Apr, 2016 11:52 am

No real biggie but sometimes when I Warp out a Dred with the Sorcerer it gets teleported, then dies. Could this just be some kind of DoT that is still lingering...? Obviously it's my fault for not Warping earlier but it really sucks to lose a Dred and waste 100 red when you thought you got away with it ='<

Also Riku mentioned the Autocannon Havok's animation finishing and dealing damage even when a unit moves quite far out of their firing arc. Is this to do with the animation or maybe the firing arc lines being a little too small?
The dude abides.
egewithin
Level 5

Postby egewithin » Fri 15 Apr, 2016 4:13 pm

Asmon wrote:So... you see something ingame, you check the Codex and confirm it matches what you saw... then ask whether it's a bug?

Maybe the Codex was written wrong. This was a good attempt to improve our community.

DandyFrontline
Level 3

Postby DandyFrontline » Fri 15 Apr, 2016 4:30 pm

Black Maw wrote:No real biggie but sometimes when I Warp out a Dred with the Sorcerer it gets teleported, then dies. Could this just be some kind of DoT that is still lingering...? Obviously it's my fault for not Warping earlier but it really sucks to lose a Dred and waste 100 red when you thought you got away with it ='<

Also Riku mentioned the Autocannon Havok's animation finishing and dealing damage even when a unit moves quite far out of their firing arc. Is this to do with the animation or maybe the firing arc lines being a little too small?

Should be just last hit animation. Same when dead ASM jump out.

About Havol - it's burst damage
Aetherion
Level 2

Postby Aetherion » Fri 15 Apr, 2016 8:58 pm

No replay to show, but I'm pretty sure I saw when psychic lash (Brother-Captain) kills a model, cooldown is reset. Will test soon
CREED FOR THE PLAN GOD
ELDRAD FOR THE DICK THRONE
just as planned
Black Maw
Level 1

Postby Black Maw » Fri 15 Apr, 2016 10:12 pm

DandyFrontline wrote:
Black Maw wrote:No real biggie but sometimes when I Warp out a Dred with the Sorcerer it gets teleported, then dies. Could this just be some kind of DoT that is still lingering...? Obviously it's my fault for not Warping earlier but it really sucks to lose a Dred and waste 100 red when you thought you got away with it ='<

Should be just last hit animation. Same when dead ASM jump out.

About Havol - it's burst damage

Aight, fair dos.
The dude abides.
Swift

Postby Swift » Sat 16 Apr, 2016 1:36 pm

Aetherion wrote:No replay to show, but I'm pretty sure I saw when psychic lash (Brother-Captain) kills a model, cooldown is reset. Will test soon

Replay from our game attached. It did seem to be the case.
Attachments
012da30f_1v1typhonlowlands.rec
(488.34 KiB) Downloaded 229 times
The internal battery has run dry, the game can now be played. However, clock based events will no longer occur.
Aetherion
Level 2

Postby Aetherion » Sat 16 Apr, 2016 3:32 pm

Swiftsabre wrote:
Aetherion wrote:No replay to show, but I'm pretty sure I saw when psychic lash (Brother-Captain) kills a model, cooldown is reset. Will test soon

Replay from our game attached. It did seem to be the case.

Also, testing on AI, refunds energy cost as well.
CREED FOR THE PLAN GOD
ELDRAD FOR THE DICK THRONE
just as planned
Torpid

Postby Torpid » Wed 18 May, 2016 5:36 pm

Trippa shot does not stun a battlecry-active force commander.

This should not be the case as other stuns work such as weirdboy vomit.

It's quite a big deal in the MU. Please fix. Tyvm.
Lets make Ordo Malleus great again!
Forestradio
Level 5

Postby Forestradio » Wed 18 May, 2016 5:44 pm

ServantOfTheForums wrote:Trippa shot does not stun a battlecry-active force commander.

This should not be the case as other stuns work such as weirdboy vomit.

It's quite a big deal in the MU. Please fix. Tyvm.

I reported this a long-ass time ago, and afaik the stun is not supposed to work if the target is not knocked down. Since you can't knock down a BC force commander, you can't stun him with trippa shot.

Or perhaps I'm misremembering *shrugs* and it's actually unintended
BbBoS
Shoutcaster

Postby BbBoS » Sun 22 May, 2016 9:52 pm

Chosen Plague Marines instagibbing an Apo when activating the Rot of Nurgle ability:

https://www.twitch.tv/bbbos/v/68013717 :P

Similar to when my Tacs died from the ability, but this time it died on activation of the ability, compared to before where tacs died when the ability wore off
Attachments
2p_outerreaches.2016-05-22.19-34-23.rec
Replay
(1.02 MiB) Downloaded 209 times
Ordie
Level 1

Postby Ordie » Tue 24 May, 2016 1:24 am

Stuns occasionally fail to prevent ability use. I played Chaos Lord who could still Kill The Weak while stunned, for example.
Chaplain of the Reasonable Marines. -SEMPER RATIO!
Torpid

Postby Torpid » Wed 25 May, 2016 2:06 am

Full auto doesn't knock back the lord commissar even when his shield is not up and he doesn't have his battlecry activated.
Lets make Ordo Malleus great again!

Return to “Community General Discussion”