ESL - Elite Stats & Leagues web extension [beta]

Generic non-balance topics.
Adeptus Noobus
Level 4

Re: ESL - Elite Stats & Leagues web extension [beta]

Postby Adeptus Noobus » Thu 07 Jan, 2016 11:05 pm

Tex wrote:1) It appears that the win rate per faction is most balanced at the 15-20 minutes mark. What I see here is that on average, a game played between players of equal skill level will take between 15-20 minutes. This data should really help people if they plan on running a "game clock" for timings, like some (all pros) SC2 players do.

2) It appears that tyranids are the most imba in T1... *cough* spore mines *cough*... Surviving T1 drastically reduces the tyranid win rate.

That was exactly what I had in mind (glad I made some sense :lol: ). The correlation with the match length clearly shows that Tyranids are a early-pressure race and that the advantage diminishes the longer the game lasts (see Texs point #2). These graphs give you hints as how to approach a MU. Tyranids are obviously able to exert a lot of early pressure (as clearly shown in the graph) hence you need to bide your time in T1 and make sure your transition to T2 is good and you did not bleed hard in T1.

I am just a data-guy thanks to my field of studies, so I am looking for every correlation possible that allows for further insight (given there are enough data points) :-D

@Caeltos+Lulgrim+Cyris
We definitely need more games to be able to base any conclusions upon the data, true. I am guessing though that with the quickly rising popularity of the ladder, this will be not a big problem for long.
Myrdal
Admin

Postby Myrdal » Thu 07 Jan, 2016 11:55 pm

Tex wrote:Not a bug with the ladder, but I'm wondering if a "rematch" phrase can be scripted in?

Just last night I had a huge lag spike (from an observer) and ended up losing my hero in the first minute of a game against Floid. It was a clear situation where a restart to the game without penalty would have been a good fit.

My thinking is, if it is possible to script a restart, to make it so that it has to happen in the first 2 minutes of the game and it has to be said in a single word by both parties, "rematch" or "restart" or w/e really.

Added now, no time limit set though. You may also state "unranked" within the 45s of game start to keep the game from being logged. Riku didn't like this one, how do others feel about it? Oh and I updated the reporter so please download and use the latest one. Great to see ppl enjoying the ladder!
Atlas

Postby Atlas » Fri 08 Jan, 2016 12:35 am

hakon wrote:
Tex wrote:Not a bug with the ladder, but I'm wondering if a "rematch" phrase can be scripted in?

Just last night I had a huge lag spike (from an observer) and ended up losing my hero in the first minute of a game against Floid. It was a clear situation where a restart to the game without penalty would have been a good fit.

My thinking is, if it is possible to script a restart, to make it so that it has to happen in the first 2 minutes of the game and it has to be said in a single word by both parties, "rematch" or "restart" or w/e really.

Added now, no time limit set though. You may also state "unranked" within the 45s of game start to keep the game from being logged. Riku didn't like this one, how do others feel about it? Oh and I updated the reporter so please download and use the latest one. Great to see ppl enjoying the ladder!

Well considering I asked for the unranked function, I'm pretty happy about it :P
Tex
Level 4

Postby Tex » Fri 08 Jan, 2016 1:08 am

The unranked function is a good thing. I'm absolutely positive people on the top of the ladder will try to abuse this, but freedom of choice is always the best solution.

As for me, I promise to never dodge anyone who challenges me as long as you don't have a +350 RD.
Tex
Level 4

Postby Tex » Fri 08 Jan, 2016 1:10 am

hakon wrote:

link? I'm just finding the link for the first version of the reporter
Dark Riku
Level 5

Postby Dark Riku » Fri 08 Jan, 2016 10:59 am

Maybe work with some numbers in the name too?
So many different versions with the same name gets confusing :p
I assume latest version is found here: https://www.dawnofwar.info/index.php?page=download
Stoned_elf
Level 1

Postby Stoned_elf » Sat 09 Jan, 2016 1:50 am

sorry if this was posted already but the system seems to record every single game even if ranked is not mentioned in chat

I'm not especially bothered but when you are half cut or messing around to find every game recorded is ....amusing / frustrating and also makes the ladder pointless for many games ppl have played

plus it seems to report games even when ESL is not running (for me at least)
Lulgrim
Admin

Postby Lulgrim » Sat 09 Jan, 2016 5:46 am

Well we're kind of just testing it yet, with no final decision on the rating criteria. The log can be reprocessed with new conditions in less than a second, so don't worry about that too much. We're still figuring out what happens on RQ, disco, sync errors etc. anyway.

Some discussion of the rating criteria after this point: https://www.dawnofwar.info/forum/viewto ... 536#p50536
Tranca
Level 2

Postby Tranca » Sat 09 Jan, 2016 9:57 pm

PS: Sorry for overplaying Calrderis Ref.! It's a balanced map, so it's easy to learn on!

Edit: fixt
Last edited by Tranca on Sun 10 Jan, 2016 1:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Aguxyz
Level 3

Postby Aguxyz » Sat 09 Jan, 2016 11:04 pm

Tranca wrote:Calrderis Ref.! It's a balanced map

"Does the Seer see its own doom!?" -Tau commander
2torpid4u: You still haven't sucked my big pink nipples Agu :(
Lulgrim
Admin

Postby Lulgrim » Sun 10 Jan, 2016 3:08 pm

OK, I added absolute counts to the win ratio graph. Are they needed elsewhere?
Zevargel
Level 2

Postby Zevargel » Mon 11 Jan, 2016 7:12 am

I prefer to get search in log section to get all matches for each player, also would be good if it will say who won in each match.
Lulgrim
Admin

Postby Lulgrim » Mon 11 Jan, 2016 8:05 am

Zevargel wrote:I prefer to get search in log section to get all matches for each player, also would be good if it will say who won in each match.

You can search for a specific player's matches from the "matc log" button on profile page, and the log already shows the winner, although I suppose I can make it more obvious somehow...
PhatE
Level 3

Postby PhatE » Mon 11 Jan, 2016 12:06 pm

I'd like to contribute to the stat collecting but I dislike the idea of there being a ranking to get it to you.

If this isn't already being done would there be a portal, for ex., where I can upload the replay instead? You have your stats and I keep enjoying 1 vs 1's without the fun factor removed.
Stream - http://www.twitch.tv/phatness_

Since everyone forgets, my timezone is AEST (UTC/GMT) +10 hours. AEDT is (UTC/GMT) +11 hours. Hopefully no-one tells me what time any tournament is on.
Lulgrim
Admin

Postby Lulgrim » Mon 11 Jan, 2016 1:51 pm

Yes, this is my plan eventually, right now we have unfiltered 1v1s going in the league system, even though some games I have randomly looked at even specifically say it's not intended to be rated. Guess we have to remove those from the calculation. But it's still kind of in test phase.

Also we did make an upload page, but with the automagic who can be bothered with that...
Myrdal
Admin

Postby Myrdal » Mon 11 Jan, 2016 4:51 pm

Tex wrote:link? I'm just finding the link for the first version of the reporter

Dark Riku wrote:Maybe work with some numbers in the name too?
So many different versions with the same name gets confusing :p
I assume latest version is found here: https://www.dawnofwar.info/index.php?page=download

Yes, I'll update that page in the future with release dates. I will probably add notice in the reporter when there's an update available to avoid any confusion.
Lulgrim wrote:Yes, this is my plan eventually, right now we have unfiltered 1v1s going in the league system, even though some games I have randomly looked at even specifically say it's not intended to be rated. Guess we have to remove those from the calculation. But it's still kind of in test phase.

The keyword is "unranked", and should be stated within the first 45 s. There are about 10 such instances and none have been logged.
Zevargel
Level 2

Postby Zevargel » Mon 11 Jan, 2016 7:18 pm

Lulgrim wrote:
Zevargel wrote:I prefer to get search in log section to get all matches for each player, also would be good if it will say who won in each match.

You can search for a specific player's matches from the "matc log" button on profile page, and the log already shows the winner, although I suppose I can make it more obvious somehow...

Thanks, didn't expect the log section so interactive.
Adeptus Noobus
Level 4

Postby Adeptus Noobus » Wed 13 Jan, 2016 3:22 pm

How are ragequits being handled by the tool? Somebody quit on me the second before the game ran out and it shows a win in the tool list. Do they count towards exp in the ladder though?
Lulgrim
Admin

Postby Lulgrim » Wed 13 Jan, 2016 7:28 pm

Which game was this?
Adeptus Noobus
Level 4

Postby Adeptus Noobus » Wed 13 Jan, 2016 8:58 pm

Lulgrim wrote:Which game was this?

https://www.dawnofwar.info/esl/index.ph ... hes&id=688
This is the one.
Tex
Level 4

Postby Tex » Thu 14 Jan, 2016 6:38 pm

Forestradio
Level 5

Postby Forestradio » Thu 14 Jan, 2016 6:51 pm

Tex's rating should be decrease by 1000 points for his recent nid and gk abuse

just sayin'

On a semi-serious note, it would be really cool to have a search/sort function for the log. Something like:
display only games between 1-5 mins, 5-10 mins, etc etc.
display only games with a certain hero or map
Tex
Level 4

Postby Tex » Thu 14 Jan, 2016 10:11 pm

Your tag is just... the best forest.
Stoned_elf
Level 1

Postby Stoned_elf » Thu 14 Jan, 2016 11:18 pm

i noticed Lulgrim asking about ragequits (which game) which I assume meant he was looking into it for improving accuracy of information. But on a similar earlier mentioned note game are being logged which are not ESL matches
Dark Riku
Level 5

Postby Dark Riku » Fri 15 Jan, 2016 12:48 am

Tex wrote:I am the angel of death!

BAHAHA

https://dawnofwar.info/esl/index.php?pa ... r=10186929

Oh really? :) 15/01/2016 01:50 CET Image
Tex
Level 4

Postby Tex » Fri 15 Jan, 2016 3:36 am

GAH!!! wp sir, wp.

My consolation however is that you have been deposed once again :).

Looks like Ace and Mannaroth are still on the hit list!
Lichtbringer
Level 3

Postby Lichtbringer » Fri 15 Jan, 2016 8:10 am

Im not sure if the APP is working for me.
When I start it the mouse becomes the loading circle and stays that way, I get asked if it has permission, but no Window for the APP pops up and I can't fin it. Only with the Taskmanager under Processes I can find it, and there it is 3 times :/.

Is this intended?

Edit: Now after some hours the whole window/folder where I extracted the launcher is frozen up and I can't close it.
Dark Riku
Level 5

Postby Dark Riku » Fri 15 Jan, 2016 10:25 pm

Tex wrote:GAH!!! wp sir, wp.

My consolation however is that you have been deposed once again :).

Looks like Ace and Mannaroth are still on the hit list!
Still looks like number 1 to me :) We can keep doing this forever :p
Myrdal
Admin

Postby Myrdal » Fri 15 Jan, 2016 10:35 pm

Lichtbringer wrote:Im not sure if the APP is working for me.
When I start it the mouse becomes the loading circle and stays that way, I get asked if it has permission, but no Window for the APP pops up and I can't fin it. Only with the Taskmanager under Processes I can find it, and there it is 3 times :/.

Is this intended?

Edit: Now after some hours the whole window/folder where I extracted the launcher is frozen up and I can't close it.

Not sure what this is about, what windows version are you using? Just a guess but are you running some anti-virus that is blocking the program/UAC? If there are errors they might show up in Event Viewer, so check the windows logs / application logs there if you can.
Myrdal
Admin

Postby Myrdal » Fri 15 Jan, 2016 10:39 pm

Adeptus Noobus wrote:How are ragequits being handled by the tool? Somebody quit on me the second before the game ran out and it shows a win in the tool list. Do they count towards exp in the ladder though?

If the opponent quits via ragequit or disconnect the game is yours, assuming you beat the AI. If it's a steam disconnection (but still connected to relic BS peer) it's possible to recognize this and not log the match, but I doubt it's working atm. As for the xp it's based on the game length iirc so there should be no issue there.

Return to “Community General Discussion”