twitch.tv/batpimp/
twitter: @Batpimpn
Starter guide viewtopic.php?f=11&t=877
Advanced strategy viewtopic.php?f=2&t=718
DandyFrontline
Level 3

Re: Relic Blood Pack DLC

Postby DandyFrontline » Thu 29 Oct, 2015 5:51 pm

They better to fix Statistic and all the bugs they brought with Severs. Relic must be on drugs, but i dont mind anymore :D
egewithin
Level 5

Postby egewithin » Thu 29 Oct, 2015 7:18 pm

How is it actually going to work? Am I going to see big blood explotions in multi player but the guy who I just killed won'T since he doesn't have the DLC?
saltychipmunk
Level 4

Postby saltychipmunk » Thu 29 Oct, 2015 7:28 pm

Looks like the type of thing one would use for exactly one match, Then you will realize the ridiculously massive red splotches that cover your entire army every time someone with a bolt pistol shoots once kind of gets in the way of the game and turn if off.
BbBoS
Shoutcaster

Postby BbBoS » Thu 29 Oct, 2015 8:59 pm

Just a warning, this does not work with the Elite mod.

Tried it earlier today and was disappointed :(
Sturnn
Level 2

Postby Sturnn » Thu 29 Oct, 2015 9:23 pm

They put dick on this game almost 3 years ago and now just : hello guyz! wanna buy some useless DLC for dead game?
Toilailee
Champion

Postby Toilailee » Thu 29 Oct, 2015 9:31 pm

I lol'd...

But I do hope that ppl buy this, like way more than should. Who knows, reric might even become interested in dow franchise again. :P
Swift I: You're not a nerd, you're just a very gifted social spastic
Oddnerd
Level 4

Postby Oddnerd » Thu 29 Oct, 2015 10:26 pm

I'm conflicted. DLC means they are still paying attention to the franchise, but at the same time DLC is stupid and a scourge to gaming. Just look at what it did to the Total War series.
Atlas

Postby Atlas » Thu 29 Oct, 2015 11:35 pm

So now they made it where it looks like people are hitting each other with paintballs?
Forestradio
Level 5

Postby Forestradio » Thu 29 Oct, 2015 11:40 pm

Toilailee wrote:I lol'd...

But I do hope that ppl buy this, like way more than should. Who knows, reric might even finally git gud and fix dow2 after breaking it beyond recognition and finally make dow3 in a way that wasn't a complete failure

Black Relic
Level 4

Postby Black Relic » Fri 30 Oct, 2015 1:25 am

I got it to support the hope of getting some bug fixes. And then it creating 2 new bugs for each one fixed.

Edit: Anyone else feel like they get more frames now? I have seen and improvement by a good 15-20 frames.
"...With every strike of his sword, with every word of his speech, does he reaffirm the ideals of our honored master..." -From the Teachings of Roboute Guilliman as laid down in the Apocrypha of Skaros. Space Marines Codex pg. 54
Wise Windu

Postby Wise Windu » Fri 30 Oct, 2015 3:18 am

Kind of funny, I'm pretty sure you don't even have to buy it to make it work if you mod it in. I haven't bought it yet, and I already have a newly updated .sga file after an automatic update on Steam which has files with names like "lrg_unit_flesh_armor_bloodpack", "reg_unit_flesh_armor_bloodpack", etc. And those are the .action files that reference the visual effects that pop out when you hit stuff.

I'm not going to mod it in without buying it, and I'm not promoting doing so, but it's kind of weird they would make it so easy to do. You wouldn't even have to make your own 2D textures. They exist in the base game already. They just use different pre-existing effects on different .action files for pre-existing weapons. Specifically, it's "fx_hit\blood_marine\blood_dmg_med_00" if you want to check it out in Santos' FX Editor. Seems like they just added that fx onto every munition type's action files. The ones I've checked out so far are identical to the originals aside from that added blood fx code (1 line).

It would be a pain in the ass to make all of it, though. Very tedious. There are 100 munition types to edit and 5 files for each one, so 500 edited files. And there are some new .bfx files (visual effects), 41 by my count. The one I'm looking at now, the GUO's blood drip thing, is pretty much just the same file as the original, but the texture is stretched a bit more, and the blood is set to come out more often - this is true for some others, but not all. You could make it very easily with Santos' FX Editor.

Again, I found all of this in less than an hour without buying it. You can access and edit all the files easily using free 3rd party - fan made - software, and without actually buying it...

I guess I should point out that there's nothing wrong with selling this since it's so cheap, and it's cool they're making it, but it's just really strange and frustrating to me that they would make it so easy to pirate. I know they have to make everyone's version of game the same with respect to their .module file and .sga archives, but still.

So, sorry for the rant, I guess. Gonna buy it now so they might think about fixing something :P
Flash
Level 3

Postby Flash » Fri 30 Oct, 2015 11:50 am

Dafuq. This came out of no where. No sure if I wanna pay for it. Relic isn't high in my favor list for how buggy Dow2 is atm as well as breaking half the features of when they migrated servers

Edit: apparently sega pushed a blood pack out on multiple other games they published as well. So no special attention to dow2, this is just a money grab
Paradise Lost
Level 2

Postby Paradise Lost » Fri 30 Oct, 2015 5:32 pm

DLCs are the cancer that's killing gaming. This one is a particularly sh***y DLC, no reason to buy it.

Fuck you SEGA, I'll never forgive you for what you did to Total War: Warhammer.
DandyFrontline
Level 3

Postby DandyFrontline » Fri 30 Oct, 2015 5:42 pm

Paradise Lost wrote:DLCs are the cancer that's killing gaming. This one is a particularly sh***y DLC, no reason to buy it.

If DLC have no impact on gameplay it's not bad. Like Skins DLC (Krieg, UM, DA etc) .
Paradise Lost
Level 2

Postby Paradise Lost » Fri 30 Oct, 2015 5:49 pm

DandyFrontline wrote:
Paradise Lost wrote:DLCs are the cancer that's killing gaming. This one is a particularly sh***y DLC, no reason to buy it.

If DLC have no impact on gameplay it's not bad. Like Skins DLC (Krieg, UM, DA etc) .

I'd rather they dropped microtransactions/dlcs completely and have all new content released through expansion packs. The Witcher 3 and Dark Souls were damn good examples of how adding new content should be handled.
Dark Riku
Level 5

Postby Dark Riku » Fri 30 Oct, 2015 9:43 pm

DandyFrontline wrote:If DLC have no impact on gameplay it's not bad. Like Skins DLC (Krieg, UM, DA etc) .
If you want high video quality available, buy this DLC!
If you want your units to bleed, buy his DLC!
Toilailee
Champion

Postby Toilailee » Fri 30 Oct, 2015 10:05 pm

Thanks forest <3
KanKrusha
Level 3

Postby KanKrusha » Fri 30 Oct, 2015 11:02 pm

I am just disappointed they didn't spend 30 seconds fixing the Retail IG HWT bug while they were at it.
Toilailee
Champion

Postby Toilailee » Fri 30 Oct, 2015 11:13 pm

KanKrusha wrote:I am just disappointed they didn't spend 30 seconds fixing the Retail IG HWT bug while they were at it.

Or more importantly, the lobby system that they broke the last time around. -.-
Wise Windu

Postby Wise Windu » Sun 01 Nov, 2015 3:07 pm

Quick follow up on the piracy thing, I guess. I decided to try making a mod for the Blood Pack without buying it to see if I could, and to see how long it would take. From extracting the files from the updated .sga to implementing a .sga file mod that could be placed into the GameAssets\Mods folder, it took about 1.5 hours. The module file didn't have to be changed, and I could still join custom lobbies in Retail. So that's probably not a good thing, especially since CoH2 also uses the SGA archive format, and presumably the DLC update process there is the same as it is for DoW2. So if anyone wants to let them know about this, please do. Send them Twitter or Facebook messages or something. I've already sent them some messages about it, but I'm not sure how often they check, or if they'll see them at all.

I guess I should also say I don't plan on using this mod or distributing it. So SEGA/Relic, please don't sue me :P
Forestradio
Level 5

Postby Forestradio » Sun 01 Nov, 2015 5:21 pm

Wise Windu wrote:From extracting the files from the updated .sga to implementing a .sga file mod that could be placed into the GameAssets\Mods folder, it took about 1.5 hours. The module file didn't have to be changed, and I could still join custom lobbies in Retail.

Gorbles
Level 3

Postby Gorbles » Mon 02 Nov, 2015 2:48 pm

I forgot to be surprised at how people react to optional DLC that doesn't affect their lives in any way.

If only I had some hard spirits to shot every time I saw someone say the people responsible for this small, barely-technical DLC should also be working on the bugs that involve engine programming :)
Ace of Swords
Level 5

Postby Ace of Swords » Mon 02 Nov, 2015 2:57 pm

Gorb wrote:I forgot to be surprised at how people react to optional DLC that doesn't affect their lives in any way.

If only I had some hard spirits to shot every time I saw someone say the people responsible for this small, barely-technical DLC should also be working on the bugs that involve engine programming :)

It's totally normal to drop support for a game, leave it with a million of game breaking bugs and issues both balance and technical wise and then come up with something that a 12 ya old kid could make in an afternoon and sell it for 2€ :^)

This is a great company that we all should support and respect!

And before you come up with some idiotic explanation, this DLC is a clear FUCK YOU from relic to their loyal playerbase, there's no justification to it, at least if it was free it could pass for something a dev did for the lulz in his free time, but clearly it isn't.
Sturnn
Level 2

Postby Sturnn » Mon 02 Nov, 2015 3:47 pm

+1 Up
Gorbles
Level 3

Postby Gorbles » Mon 02 Nov, 2015 4:44 pm

Ace of Swords wrote:
Gorb wrote:I forgot to be surprised at how people react to optional DLC that doesn't affect their lives in any way.

It's totally normal to drop support for a game, leave it with a million of game breaking bugs and issues both balance and technical wise and then come up with something that a 12 ya old kid could make in an afternoon and sell it for 2€ :^)

This is a great company that we all should support and respect!

And before you come up with some idiotic explanation, this DLC is a clear FUCK YOU from relic to their loyal playerbase, there's no justification to it, at least if it was free it could pass for something a dev did for the lulz in his free time, but clearly it isn't.

Geez, where do I start. Let's ignore the silly exaggerations, let's ignore you calling my logic "stupid", let's ignore you degrading Relic's employees. Let's focus on the rest of it.

1. The last patch the DoW 2 series received was in the past few months. Support hasn't been dropped by any means. That said, not every game gets supported forever. You don't pay for eternal technical support. Get over it.

2. Considering I can play the game without fault, there aren't any number of "game-breaking" bugs by definition of the term "game-breaking". There are some severe issues that hamper specific races (IG's HWT suffers here as an example) that people have wanted Relic to fix in the past. That's a bit different from "game-breaking".

There are also new bugs from the migration to Steamworks / Battle Servers, but the only one I've found there is that the Steam Friend Invite seems to be broken. Needless to say, you can report these and Relic's Community Manager (or one of them) has been replying to bug threads on the official forums recently.

3. Releasing DLC that the publisher probably told them to do is not any fault of Relic's. This was probably SEGA's decision, so if you want to call anybody any names, call SEGA names. That said, you haven't explained why this optional DLC is a "fuck you". Could you please do so?

4. Considering this forum is for the ELITE modification which regularly trashes Relic balance, you are not Relic's "loyal" playerbase. Stop pretending you're owed anything for your "loyalty".
Sturnn
Level 2

Postby Sturnn » Mon 02 Nov, 2015 4:54 pm

I was playing every Relic game and whole DoW 1 and DoW 2 series. I've spend quite a lot o money on these games. Everytime Relic just left unbalanced game or even released bugged one - everyone who played DoW 2 Beta and then released game knows what I am talking about.
As summary of this, I am relics "loyal" player base and yes I owed sth for my loyalty - the right to criticize their actions. Acutally, everyone who bought one of their games has that right.
We all know that they cannot support game forever but with every DoW game it was not forever. 3-4 patches which still leaves game totaly unbalanced and that's it - another expansion or they leave game to die and rot.
This game, DoW series, has what it takes to become one of the e-sports titles. It was acutally when there was 1.4 patch for Winter Assault. People played this game on WCG mate. Its just fucking funny when blind people leading company just dont see it and goes for short terms money making. That's why we all flame at it - this DLC brings nothing except for some additonal $ for Sega/Relic.
Gorbles
Level 3

Postby Gorbles » Mon 02 Nov, 2015 5:58 pm

Sturnn wrote:I was playing every Relic game and whole DoW 1 and DoW 2 series. I've spend quite a lot o money on these games. Everytime Relic just left unbalanced game or even released bugged one - everyone who played DoW 2 Beta and then released game knows what I am talking about.
As summary of this, I am relics "loyal" player base and yes I owed sth for my loyalty - the right to criticize their actions. Acutally, everyone who bought one of their games has that right.
We all know that they cannot support game forever but with every DoW game it was not forever. 3-4 patches which still leaves game totaly unbalanced and that's it - another expansion or they leave game to die and rot.
This game, DoW series, has what it takes to become one of the e-sports titles. It was acutally when there was 1.4 patch for Winter Assault. People played this game on WCG mate. Its just fucking funny when blind people leading company just dont see it and goes for short terms money making. That's why we all flame at it - this DLC brings nothing except for some additonal $ for Sega/Relic.

You (or the other guy) still haven't explained that despite your "loyalty" (we'll get onto that in a minute) why this is a "fuck you" to the "loyal" fans?

I don't think you understand here. You're so quick to say this utterly trivial piece of DLC that costs as much as a damned cheeseburger that doesn't affect gameplay or even offer high-quality cosmetics (it's just for fun) is "short-term money making".

What about the Battle Server migration? What about the removal of GameSpy from DoW 1 and the Steamworks migration? For vDoW II and CR as well, and the removal of GfWL? The crash bugs they fixed and various other things. All of that was for free.

Then they release something on Halloween for $2 and you go mental. And you call SEGA blind :D

As a final note on "loyalty". Buying a game does not mean you're "loyal" to it (if you can even be loyal to a video game). Nor does it indicate any loyalty to the developers (or publisher) unless you explicitly buy that game because you're "loyal" and not for any other reason. Loyalty has no place in any consumer transaction - vote with your wallet. Always vote with your wallet. But don't turn around and cry that your purchase of a video game several years ago entitles you to act like a child now, because it doesn't, sorry.

And at the very least, you're allowed your free speech, sure (within the confines of the forum rules, etc). But so am I, to call you on that.
Forestradio
Level 5

Postby Forestradio » Mon 02 Nov, 2015 6:35 pm

there's a bug atm that sometimes during a game or even right at the start disables all "right-click" commands aside from movement, which makes it impossible to click on enemy units to attack them and also makes it impossible to capture points
Ace of Swords wrote:It's totally normal to drop support for a game, leave it with a million of game breaking bugs and issues both balance and technical wise and then come up with something that a 12 ya old kid could make in an afternoon and sell it for 2€ :^)
bugs are fine they can't cap
Ace of Swords wrote:This is a great company that we all should support and respect!
but relic can support and respect themselves so it's fine
Ace of Swords wrote:And before you come up with some idiotic explanation, this DLC is a clear FUCK YOU from relic to their loyal playerbase, there's no justification to it, at least if it was free it could pass for something a dev did for the lulz in his free time, but clearly it isn't.
but relic can go fuck themselves, so it's perfectly balanced l2p
Ace of Swords
Level 5

Postby Ace of Swords » Mon 02 Nov, 2015 7:01 pm

1. The last patch the DoW 2 series received was in the past few months. Support hasn't been dropped by any means. That said, not every game gets supported forever. You don't pay for eternal technical support. Get over it.

Support was dropped and it was officially stated years ago, these kind of lies exactly what I was expecting from you, if the state of the game was left after the battleservers update wasn't enough to prove that.

2. Considering I can play the game without fault, there aren't any number of "game-breaking" bugs by definition of the term "game-breaking". There are some severe issues that hamper specific races (IG's HWT suffers here as an example) that people have wanted Relic to fix in the past. That's a bit different from "game-breaking".
There are also new bugs from the migration to Steamworks / Battle Servers, but the only one I've found there is that the Steam Friend Invite seems to be broken. Needless to say, you can report these and Relic's Community Manager (or one of them) has been replying to bug threads on the official forums recently.

Another lie, in retail HWT IS gamebreaking at high level and it blocks an entire race out of it's supression mechanic, fortunately for IG they have BS catachans and sents to carry them in T1 and then the lobby bugs which can't even be fixed with mods or unofficial tweaks is indeed an enormous flaw that cuts the continuity of the game, on top of being incredibly annoying and the fact that you can't make private lobbies, without even going into deeper issues like retail pathing or the soundbug which makes you crash and there's a lot more than those in game.

3. Releasing DLC that the publisher probably told them to do is not any fault of Relic's. This was probably SEGA's decision, so if you want to call anybody any names, call SEGA names. That said, you haven't explained why this optional DLC is a "fuck you". Could you please do so?

4. Considering this forum is for the ELITE modification which regularly trashes Relic balance, you are not Relic's "loyal" playerbase. Stop pretending you're owed anything for your "loyalty".

I highly doubt sega went to relic and said "hey make some pointless DLC on a game released 4 years ago"! It has to be a relic initiative, however I don't care about the DLC itself, it's the concept behind it, they obviously rather release paid content than fix even 1 of a myriad of bugs this game has and don't tell me it's different people working on it, they could very well spare someone to fix AT LEAST the most obvious of bugs like the HWT or the lobbies and whoever of the art/animation team must have basic knowledge of whatever programming language relic used for DoW2.
I don't pretend they come back working full time on the game but they HAVE TO at least have the decency to fix what they broken recently (1 year ago).

You know, I wouldn't even care if they released this or more paid DLC as long as they fixed some bugs with it, it would have been even fair and perhaps I would even have bought it.

Also beside the fact that I bought relic products since homeworld and I think I played everything except impossible creatures, you are correct on the fact that as a loyal player Im not entitled anything, however, as a paying CUSTOMER Im indeed entitled to a working game on all it's features which DoW2 isn't right now and hasn't been for many years but even more so during the last year.
Last edited by Ace of Swords on Mon 02 Nov, 2015 7:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Community General Discussion”