RIP Maestro (no, he's not actually dead)

Generic non-balance topics.
egewithin
Level 5

Re: RIP Maestro (no, he's not actually dead)

Postby egewithin » Wed 23 Sep, 2015 5:41 am

Swiftsabre wrote:If Indrid leaves the game is effectively dead. The Golden Throne requires you sit upon it, Indrid, our beacon of light in the empyrean.

It could be interesting if he casted the live defence of Terra on YouTube or twitch. WHUAT? Yes, that would be cool.

Imagine there is a video that called ''Horus Heresy - 1v1 - Sanginious vs Bloodthurster''
ytimk
Level 2

Postby ytimk » Wed 23 Sep, 2015 5:46 am

If you care about casters - donate, even a little.

If you can't afford that - try and watch the full ad at the beginning of the video so they can get the add money (little as it is).

Try and post nice comments, say thanks - it isn't that hard.

And hit that like button.

Maybe tell a friend.
Ring ring. Call Da Boyz!
Theory.
I have never played vs a human......
b-b-b-but I watch 100s of casts.
SinisterLaugh
Level 2

Postby SinisterLaugh » Wed 23 Sep, 2015 1:45 pm

Swiftsabre wrote:
Paradise Lost wrote:All hail Indrid, the last and greatest DoW caster and Herald of Nurgle.

If Indrid leaves the game is effectively dead. The Golden Throne requires you sit upon it, Indrid, our beacon of light in the empyrean.

Indrid doing a great job with his casts, but I also have faith in new casters (like mr. BbBos), so Indrid is not alone there.

Too bad Maestro left.
When life gives you Lemans...
MaxPower
Contributor

Postby MaxPower » Wed 23 Sep, 2015 3:52 pm

And nobody is talkin about us poor, dirty streaming peasants :*(
"A fortress is built with blood and toil. Only by blood and toil may it be taken." Leman Russ
Atlas

Postby Atlas » Wed 23 Sep, 2015 6:10 pm

MaxPower wrote:And nobody is talkin about us poor, dirty streaming peasants :*(

We clearly need to create a union! Equal rights for the working streamer!
Swift

Postby Swift » Wed 23 Sep, 2015 6:21 pm

Actually I'd be all for boosting our stream viewer base to keep the game fresh and get live content out because livestreaming is such a successful formula elsewhere and can be done (recent example being OCF for CoH 2).
The internal battery has run dry, the game can now be played. However, clock based events will no longer occur.
MaxPower
Contributor

Postby MaxPower » Wed 23 Sep, 2015 8:32 pm

Atlas wrote:We clearly need to create a union! Equal rights for the working streamer!

I already have a name for said union or party - its the:

Nice Streamers of Dawn of war elite According to the players Party - short NSDAP

I am so smart. S-M-R-T. I mean S-M-A-R-T. Kappa
"A fortress is built with blood and toil. Only by blood and toil may it be taken." Leman Russ
RedRupee
Shoutcaster

Postby RedRupee » Wed 23 Sep, 2015 8:57 pm

Sad to see Cretella roll out, and I just finally met that fella earlier this year, gonna have to hunt him down again next time I'm on the West Coast and have some words. That said, I do remember talking of how long and how much time hobbies take up, and how long DoW2 would hold attention, that sort of thing. It's just how it goes, life happens!

I'd also like to step in and briefly speak for Harle as well, I don't know why folks are so grumpy. He was one of the first guys to really get casting going for DoW2, and I know personally I would never have started casting if not for him. He was never rude to me and when I e-mailed him...i dunno, probably almost two years ago now, when elite was first gaining momentum he responded very politely and said only good things about the DoW2 community. It's completely silly to be upset that he doesn't communicate with the community now years later. This goes for all entertainers though, enjoy what they were able to offer, let them know you enjoyed it, and move on :)

As far as donations and that sort of thing, I really don't think that affects how much casters/streamers can put into their channels (at least, not for me personally). I know for myself casting has always been nothing more than a hobby, and I never intended for it to be otherwise, I usually tried to make sure most of when I'd earn on youtube went back into giveaways or silly side prizes for events. I do wish I could put more time into my channel (I have an entire folder of docs and ideas that were never implemented) but there are just too many other things I need to be doing with my time. Donations certainly incentivize, but really I think just making a point to comment, subscribe, and generally just let entertainers know you enjoy and appreciate their work is all you need to do. As it's been said, no one is expecting to make a career out of casting a game like DoW2 that has such a small community, but that means the community itself has to be what helps drive these sort of endeavors.

I'm also sorry I'm not often very communicative when my channel goes on hiatus, I help organize a few gaming communities, participate and produce two podcasts, and help run several multi-day gaming festivals throughout the year. Between all of that, trying to actually advance my career, and keep a social life .... when I fall out of casting I tend to just completely drop off, and then simply try to hop back in when I can. As a matter of fact, at the moment my streaming/casting rig is pretty much done for (though I can 'borrow' my work lappie for single day streams like MRTs still), so it'll probably be a bit longer until the channel is up and running again. Luckily the Emperor's light shines upon Indrid, with the channel that never sleeps.

LATER MAESTRO!

In summary - Keep supporting the community, love your casters, my channel aint ded, Cretella is my favorite casting bro (don't tell Codex).
Follow RedRupee casts on Steam - Facebook - Twitter !
Youtube
Instagram
Atlas

Postby Atlas » Wed 23 Sep, 2015 10:52 pm

Omg I even look a little like you even if I can never match that majestic hair :o

And wait you do podcasts? Links or it didn't happen.
Toilailee
Champion

Postby Toilailee » Thu 24 Sep, 2015 5:35 am

RedRupee wrote:...

Easily one of the best posts in the forums. You're still the reddest Ruppee! ;)
Swift I: You're not a nerd, you're just a very gifted social spastic
Codex

Postby Codex » Thu 24 Sep, 2015 7:35 am

Because I'm a selfish prick with no time for games, QQ

Just kidding nice post rupee
Righteousness does not make right

Return to “Community General Discussion”