can the baneblade's autocannon be activated?

Generic non-balance topics.
enasni127
Level 2

can the baneblade's autocannon be activated?

Postby enasni127 » Mon 17 Aug, 2015 7:52 am

hi,

the baneblade has an autocannon next to its maingun and it just doesn't do anything. in dow1 the bb's autocannon was bugged to range 0 and in dow2 it just doesn't do anything at all - could that be changed? ofcourse it must not be a supper crazy chaos havoc autocannon but a nice sound and animation combined with ~15dps would add so much more coolness to the baneblade without destroying balance. right now it just feels like it's not completely functional ;)
Indrid

Re: can the baneblade's autocannon be activated?

Postby Indrid » Mon 17 Aug, 2015 8:08 am

+1

Let's get the Phobos' intended storm bolter working too!
enasni127
Level 2

Postby enasni127 » Mon 17 Aug, 2015 8:10 am

agreed! :)
karnakkardak
Level 2

Postby karnakkardak » Mon 17 Aug, 2015 8:12 am

+1
SinisterLaugh
Level 2

Postby SinisterLaugh » Mon 17 Aug, 2015 9:57 am

And please add a commissar too.
When life gives you Lemans...
welshy
Level 2

Postby welshy » Mon 17 Aug, 2015 10:24 am

Does the Chimera's heavy bolter work at the moment? It doesn't seem to fire correctly if at all?

+1 for Phobos
+1 for BB
Dark Riku
Level 5

Postby Dark Riku » Mon 17 Aug, 2015 2:42 pm

Maybe provide us with some concrete things?
The autocannon has an animation on the BB, it's not listed as a weapon on the codex though.

Does it Weshly? My guess would be that it works just fine. Lab and record anything that is not as it should?
xXKageAsashinXx
Level 2

Postby xXKageAsashinXx » Mon 17 Aug, 2015 3:30 pm

SinisterLaugh wrote:And please add a commissar too.

So... I hear you refuse to repent.
Swift

Postby Swift » Mon 17 Aug, 2015 7:44 pm

It can work, but considering the co-axial mount it might have a goofy firing pattern.
The internal battery has run dry, the game can now be played. However, clock based events will no longer occur.
enasni127
Level 2

Postby enasni127 » Tue 18 Aug, 2015 2:03 pm

Swiftsabre wrote:It can work, but considering the co-axial mount it might have a goofy firing pattern.

how exactly do you mean that? maybe i'm missing something but i think it should work just as intended almost automatically. the mega battle cannon is the primary/dominant gun that chooses the target and the autocannon will just add a bit of fire to it.

as i said it would be stupid to make this autocannon powerful. i think it should be strong enough to be a bit useful but it should not be as strong as a setup autocannon for example. i want it to add some fun and variety but not to mow down shit in seconds and make the baneblade op.

@ riku: yes, the chimeras bolter seems to be a bit weird sometimes when it's about shooting or not. it's like it can't decide whether to shoot or not and then it often does nothing at all. i always thought it was more an issue of range/firing arc and maybe is something we just need to live with
Caeltos

Postby Caeltos » Tue 18 Aug, 2015 3:01 pm

how exactly do you mean that? maybe i'm missing something but i think it should work just as intended almost automatically. the mega battle cannon is the primary/dominant gun that chooses the target and the autocannon will just add a bit of fire to it

It's not that easy unfortunately. Just because it exist, be that visually as a model doesn't mean that it's an easy-fix to add in, or to actually activate.

For an example. Remember the Heavy Bolter Turrets from Dawn of War 1? Yeah, Imperial Guard actually has those in this game. It has a model and everything, but so far, nobody has gotten them to work. They lack animations and just about everything else. There were alot of other stuff as well, but oh well.
Jes
Level 1

Postby Jes » Tue 18 Aug, 2015 7:25 pm

From what I can tell, this is pretty much a no go.

In CoH (and DoW1 iirc), a hardpoint can be slaved to another, allowing for things like pintle mounts atop rotating turrets and coaxial machineguns.
I have yet to find that functionality in DoW2.

In fact, the one attempt to do so in the game, the Battlewagon, appears to be utterly broken:
The anims for the rear upper turret appear to be broken, so the weapon itself uses the same anims as the cannon does.
What you get is the two weapons constantly snapping the cannon's angle back and forth between their individual targets, leading to some serious wtf moments. (cannon shooting backwards through itself, machinegun tracers flying out of the top turret barrel at a 90 degree angle)

And that's just for a turret on top of another turret. For another equally broken example, see the Chaos Dread's storm bolter. (though that's been made slightly less worse recently)

It's things like these that give the impression that Relic honestly didn't give a shit about the franchise, instead going all out on CoH.
[EL] The Emperor
Level 2

Postby [EL] The Emperor » Tue 01 Sep, 2015 5:34 am

+1
Steam Name: [EL] The Emperor of Mankind

Return to “Community General Discussion”