What new models would you like to see added to Elite?

Generic non-balance topics.
DarnedDragoon
Level 2

Re: What new models would you like to see added to Elite?

Postby DarnedDragoon » Thu 14 May, 2015 1:56 pm

Lol GKs anti-melee. Well if they ever come into play in the future perhaps they'll get a ranged weapon as well. Bodyguards with only swords seems like poor bodyguards to me.
ChrisNihilus
Level 3

Postby ChrisNihilus » Thu 14 May, 2015 2:17 pm

DarnedDragoon wrote:Bodyguards with only swords seems like poor bodyguards to me.

They all have powerswords and stormshields.
"This quiet... offends... SLAANESH!"
Lost Son of Nikhel
Contributor

Postby Lost Son of Nikhel » Thu 14 May, 2015 2:42 pm

- Daemonnettes: low hp, low melee damage, 4-5 models, high speed, high melee skill, passive aura which increases reload time and reduces melee attack speed to enemy squads. Daemons. Possible use: counter initiation, some map control thanks to their high speed. (6)

- Possessed Marines: high hp, high hp regeneration, melee_heavy damage, low model count, average speed. Exclusive with Chaos Terminators. Used against slow vehicles. Similar ability to KDread but with a damage increased taken.

- MoN CSM: increased hp and hp regeneration, DOT, reduced speed and melee damage. Pure ranged Anti infantry squad.
"Pater, peccavi in caelum et coram te; iam non sum dignus vocari filius tuus". Dixit autem pater: "manducemus et epulemur, quia hic filius meus mortuus erat et revixit, perierat et inventus est"

There will be no forgiveness for us.
egewithin
Level 5

Postby egewithin » Thu 14 May, 2015 3:07 pm

I am going to write these only according to balance. Ofcource the models you say are beatiful. But if you wrote down some tec. info about them, I don't see a reason to not discussing about it.

Lost Son of Nikhel wrote:- Daemonnettes: low hp, low melee damage, 4-5 models, high speed, high melee skill, passive aura which increases reload time and reduces melee attack speed to enemy squads. Daemons. Possible use: counter initiation, some map control thanks to their high speed. (6)

Yes, the speed is useful for capping duty but already Heretics are enough for capping. There must be a good reason to get these ladys insted of another Heretic squad. We(you) can make one. And they can do same damage with Heretics eather IMO since they have claws, should be work as good as swords of Heretics. :P But it can be extra weak vs armor. A new melee weapon pattern maybe? You can't say their own flesh is stronger than metal unless it is a Deamon of Khorne IMO.

Lost Son of Nikhel wrote:- Possessed Marines: high hp, high hp regeneration, melee_heavy damage, low model count, average speed. Exclusive with Chaos Terminators. Used against slow vehicles. Similar ability to KDread but with a damage increased taken.

Chaos Genestealers you mean. Cooool... But everybody will agree that Chaos already have enough melee units.

Lost Son of Nikhel wrote:- MoN CSM: increased hp and hp regeneration, DOT, reduced speed and melee damage. Pure ranged Anti infantry squad.

Aren't MoT enough anti-infantry? Even if you say just infantry without armor, they will become extreamly useless in late games, which leveled up MoT CSM becomes more usefull in late games. Specially vs Terminators.
Swift

Postby Swift » Thu 14 May, 2015 4:21 pm

Caeltos scrapped Crusaders, he's focussing on Operatives since no one made a model for Crusaders.
The internal battery has run dry, the game can now be played. However, clock based events will no longer occur.
ChrisNihilus
Level 3

Postby ChrisNihilus » Thu 14 May, 2015 4:42 pm

Swiftsabre wrote:Caeltos scrapped Crusaders, he's focussing on Operatives since no one made a model for Crusaders.

Yeah, i know, that's why i suggested the model to someone that can actually do it.
Maybe we are not too late to have Crusaders.
"This quiet... offends... SLAANESH!"
sterling
Contributor

Postby sterling » Thu 14 May, 2015 4:44 pm

I've got an idea on how to possibly make a decent crusader model. Once the eldar are done I'll have a go at it but am anticipating running into some issues regarding animations.
New models for Elite and Retribution...
http://www.dawnofwar.info/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=397
DarnedDragoon
Level 2

Postby DarnedDragoon » Thu 14 May, 2015 8:35 pm

Well keep us posted Sterling maybe one of us could help you out.

What role would the Operatives play, what do they look like?
Caeltos

Postby Caeltos » Thu 14 May, 2015 9:12 pm

sterling wrote:I've got an idea on how to possibly make a decent crusader model. Once the eldar are done I'll have a go at it but am anticipating running into some issues regarding animations.

Wouldn't it be possible to preferably use the Stormshield + Chainsword (FC) animation for them as a temporary solution?
Dalakh
Level 2

Postby Dalakh » Thu 14 May, 2015 9:29 pm

Caeltos wrote:Wouldn't it be possible to preferably use the Stormshield + Chainsword (FC) animation for them as a temporary solution?

Correct me if I'm wrong but aren't the chainsword and stormshield animations the exact same as the base ones ?
Atlas

Postby Atlas » Thu 14 May, 2015 10:03 pm

You might be able to rip the Assault Terminator animations?
Wise Windu

Postby Wise Windu » Thu 14 May, 2015 10:13 pm

Dalakh wrote:
Caeltos wrote:Wouldn't it be possible to preferably use the Stormshield + Chainsword (FC) animation for them as a temporary solution?

Correct me if I'm wrong but aren't the chainsword and stormshield animations the exact same as the base ones ?
What do you mean by base ones? They are in the base animations for Space Marines (FC, Tacs, ASM, and similar) if that's what you mean, and so to make them fit onto the model, the model would have to be made to fit onto the Space Marine skeleton. If the model is Imperial Guard-ish, the animations for the shield probably won't work, or would look really weird because the base animations and skeletons for Imperial Guard are different.
Dalakh
Level 2

Postby Dalakh » Thu 14 May, 2015 10:21 pm

What I mean is that the stormshield FC uses the same animations as the vanilla FC.
sterling
Contributor

Postby sterling » Thu 14 May, 2015 10:31 pm

Yeah, it has to be a skeleton that has a robe etc already otherwise the animations won't work at all.
Caeltos

Postby Caeltos » Thu 14 May, 2015 10:39 pm

Hmm, food for thought - but say Dark Angels DLC (Tactical + Sergeant in particular) have robes, And doesn't the Tactical Sergeant use a similiar bone/animation to the Force Commander? I'm merely speculating.
Wise Windu

Postby Wise Windu » Thu 14 May, 2015 10:46 pm

I could swear Garrick had a model that fit the Crusader at some point. It was a guy with a black cape+hood and some kind of carapace armor, and a power sword.

The model for the Operatives actually wasn't the one I was expecting to get. I wish there were still a picture of it on his thread on RelicNews, but most of the pictures that weren't put in the OP of the thread haven't been re-upped.
Lost Son of Nikhel
Contributor

Postby Lost Son of Nikhel » Thu 14 May, 2015 10:52 pm

IIRC all SM power armour models with the exception of the Librarian use the same set of animations. That includes the Force Commander, the Tactical marines (including the Sargent ), Devastators, Plasma Devs, Apo. I think Techmarine and Assault Marines also used the same animations, but I'm not 100% sure.

Dark Angels AFAIK don't have a new set of animations, they uses the SM base ones. The robes don't have animations, they are merged with the base animations.
"Pater, peccavi in caelum et coram te; iam non sum dignus vocari filius tuus". Dixit autem pater: "manducemus et epulemur, quia hic filius meus mortuus erat et revixit, perierat et inventus est"

sterling
Contributor

Postby sterling » Thu 14 May, 2015 10:55 pm

I think the one you're remembering was an Inquisitor model that he made based on some of Shuma's stuff. Perhaps?

I think it was mentioned at one point as a possible commander for the Grey Knights when/if the UI fix is done.
Garrick
Level 2

Postby Garrick » Thu 14 May, 2015 11:09 pm

Wise Windu wrote:I could swear Garrick had a model that fit the Crusader at some point. It was a guy with a black cape+hood and some kind of carapace armor, and a power sword.

The model for the Operatives actually wasn't the one I was expecting to get. I wish there were still a picture of it on his thread on RelicNews, but most of the pictures that weren't put in the OP of the thread haven't been re-upped.

That was my version of the Inquisitor, which is now being redone. It was such a bad chop-shop that it will not see the light of the day, EVER.

PS. will up my version of the Steel Legion here as soon as i finish the General
Wise Windu

Postby Wise Windu » Fri 15 May, 2015 5:40 am

Garrick wrote:That was my version of the Inquisitor, which is now being redone. It was such a bad chop-shop that it will not see the light of the day, EVER.
Heh, fair enough :)
Garrick
Level 2

Postby Garrick » Fri 15 May, 2015 7:03 am

Actually, I might have a couple of ideas to make you guys a Crusader but the thing is that none of the normal-sized humans have any decent shield-wielding animations and i don't know why, but i can't export new animations (I'd simply edit one of the IG's idle animations, the pistol/chainsword one where the skeleton turns and look around to have a decent riot-shield standing animation). If someone can teach me where I am wrong in exporting animations, i'd be more than happy to provide a crusader for you!
Carnevour
Level 2

Postby Carnevour » Fri 15 May, 2015 6:09 pm

Dark Apostle terminator armor and crozius for word bearers DLC for the CL and i will happy for eternity.
Paradise Lost
Level 2

Postby Paradise Lost » Sat 16 May, 2015 1:46 am

What we actually need, is this nigga back.

Swift

Postby Swift » Sat 16 May, 2015 10:49 pm

Paradise Lost wrote:What we actually need, is this nigga back.

Correction, what you really really want is the Bloodthirster.
The internal battery has run dry, the game can now be played. However, clock based events will no longer occur.
egewithin
Level 5

Postby egewithin » Sun 17 May, 2015 10:52 am

Swiftsabre wrote:Correction, what you really really want is the Bloodthirster.

You have a point.
uncle_anaesthesia
Level 1

Postby uncle_anaesthesia » Tue 19 May, 2015 9:22 am

would you guys use the bloodthirster in game if it was availbale?
Lost Son of Nikhel
Contributor

Postby Lost Son of Nikhel » Tue 19 May, 2015 12:01 pm

uncle_anaesthesia wrote:would you guys use the bloodthirster in game if it was availbale?

The problem is find him a niche for him. As a replace of the GUO for the Chaos Lord if Caeltos decide to make the Chaos faction more thematic? As a third super unit?

Swift

Postby Swift » Tue 19 May, 2015 12:27 pm

As a third super unit would be out of the question, but if thematically Chaos got an overhaul it could work HOWEVER considering the attention Chaos have already had and the currently ongoing projects means this might take a while to ever see the light of day. And niche is as stated, a big issue.
uncle_anaesthesia
Level 1

Postby uncle_anaesthesia » Wed 20 May, 2015 9:54 am

ive got him in game but it needs a lot of fx work n coding to be of real use. some of his armour is bones which i failed to get in game but i will make newer stuff eventually. so if you find a niche for him let me know n i will make available. (hes a bit smaller than in dow1)

i will be doing some stuff in the future for my own mod but if u guys have any specific ideas let me know, bare in mind that some stuff will look crap due to size of models.

eg. i measured the sisters of battle against the marines, they looked like little girls size wise...shame that :(
Garrick
Level 2

Postby Garrick » Wed 20 May, 2015 7:00 pm

You could try rigging it to the Swarmlord skeleton, woudl fix a lot of issues, i believe. The swarmlord moves like a digitigrade and has "weapons" in its "hands", too.

Return to “Community General Discussion”