Oh, my god, thank you

Generic non-balance topics.
mors videt
Level 0

Oh, my god, thank you

Postby mors videt » Sun 07 Jul, 2013 6:15 am

Seriously.

Holy crap, this is amazing.

It is so much fun to get to play around with the new pieces. It's surprising how much something as small and creative like the artillery spotter really changes the experience. This is not to mention the WTF bad ass units, like the Sternguard and Doom of (Whatever) ...this is not to mention the entire freaking new faction. For free.

Who are you people anyway? You're just some fans with no developer affiliation who decided one day to pick up the fallen DoW standard from THQ's cold, dead hands?

You are heroes.
Caeltos

Re: Oh, my god, thank you

Postby Caeltos » Sun 07 Jul, 2013 11:42 am

I'm glad you like it. :)

I'm a veteran Dawn of War 2 player, I've played since the beta and I was part of the most succesful competetive-team. I used to play pretty much all the races, with the exception of Tyranids. I spent alot of time trying to dwelve into the general game mechanics & balance (several aspects) so I could get better. In the end, I figured I could put some of my insight to better use to create a modification that would experiment with some balance modifications for retail, but I deviated from that path a while back and set my mind on making something that would be able to stand on it's own, this was sometime pre- the events of Relic stopping their support for DoW2.

I don't play as much as I used to do before, but I don't mind hopping in to play once every once in a while. So I'm spending most of my time listening to feedback & theorycrafting and speculating.
Lulgrim
Admin

Postby Lulgrim » Sun 07 Jul, 2013 4:39 pm

I'm just a random guy who messaged Caeltos when he was asking around for technical help with the mod a year ago (the previous guys having disappeared). I could play decently and I had made the dow.wikia.com stats site after dow2.info stopped updating so I had a good grasp of the mechanics and modding tools. Figured I could manage what he needed done.
PanKiller
Level 1

Postby PanKiller » Tue 09 Jul, 2013 6:09 am

Maybe uremember Dalidówka Lulgrim, he is some old competent player, trying ti convince himtoplay or maybeu should tryso?
Shas'el Doran'ro
Level 2

Postby Shas'el Doran'ro » Fri 12 Jul, 2013 10:11 pm

Well said mors videt.

As you start playing something more and more you kinda forget how great it really is and why you fell in love with it in the first place...
Thank you for reminding us how great this mod is Mors Videt, it is an astonishing piece of work indeed. :D
"To divert from Tau'va is stray away from the one true path, and to stray from the one path is to walk into darkness and despair, only together, serving Tau'va can we prosper not only as an empire but as a race." -- Shas'el T'au Doran'ro
Eye0fHoruS
Level 0

Postby Eye0fHoruS » Sun 14 Jul, 2013 2:38 am

Elite is an avant guarde production within the rts sphere.
Rts representing tactical, strategic use of personal resources.
Potentially strategic and tertiary?

The question is how it will, sustainably, proceed from here.

*Where is Samuel and Raffa?* these young sparks of insight are here to set a great course for the future?
Kilgarn
Contributor

Postby Kilgarn » Sun 11 Aug, 2013 9:14 pm

I'm a random guy too, that bumped into Indrids Elire Mod casts and I quite enjoyed watching it :) Since I've seen some unit portraits are in dire need of rework + could possibly do something else for them, I just regged here and asked if they need help :P

So far I'm enjoying my time with the team ;) Havent played Elite Mod yet (shame on me, I know XD) but played a lot with the single player skirmish + I LOVE WH40k + Fantasy a lot ^^ So it was just a given that I ask if they need a guy for them portraits :D
Though I'm only in charge for unit portraits and later on some other stuff :D Was nice to read though how the others got here ^^
Eternal Crusade Referral code:
EC-LND6VY86AORV0

Return to “Community General Discussion”