Aspiring Champions

Generic non-balance topics.
ChrisNihilus
Level 3

Aspiring Champions

Postby ChrisNihilus » Sun 28 Sep, 2014 10:55 pm

With the new patch, CSM with Aspiring Champion are going to get an Ability.
That's wonderful, not because it is a buff, but because Aspiring Champion are not a very interesting choice.
An ability that you lose with a Mark, make of the MoT a straight up upgrade no more.

If Vanilla CSM will have some extra flavor with the new ability, i think more can be done.

The Raptor AC is interesting, as they get two AV weapons in one.
It's expensive and doesn't add necessarily to the composition unless situations require him. That's good.

MoK AC is kind of interesting.
It has a meltagun, but the real reason why one buy him is to add health to a fragile squad.

MoT AC is straight up boring.
It's just extra DPS.

My suggestion is to make MoK and expecially MoT Aspiring Champions more diverse, a little bit out of tune with the squad, to add flavor and make the option of taking him not rely only on how much cap it remains.

I'm not sure about MoK one, but for the MoT i think the Aspiring Champion should become an Aspiring Sorcerer, like the one on Rubrics Marines, with maybe a short range and/or aoe attack and/or good against units normal MoT CSM can't handle very well (to be honest, MoT are good against everything).

I can see him with the Breath of Tzeentch, casting a short ranged blue flamer with plasma damage or something similar.
Useful, but not always and not for everyone.

I'm against new ability for Marked CSM, but some change of weapons on the AC would be interesting.
"This quiet... offends... SLAANESH!"

Return to “Community General Discussion”