STREAMERS PAY ATTENTION

Generic non-balance topics.
crazyman64335
Shoutcaster

STREAMERS PAY ATTENTION

Postby crazyman64335 » Thu 07 Aug, 2014 3:48 am

This is fairly important to all streamers of the MRT and streamers in general. All music on twitch has been officially banned by twitch / google. So streamers of the MRT and casual streamers need to be careful.

It says this only applies to VODS but i wouldn't test this system at all since it's the same system that Google uses for Youtube so it's absolute garbage.

Source
http://www.thecoli.com/threads/breaking ... ch.238237/
Surprise Attack!
Level 2

Re: STREAMERS PAY ATTENTION

Postby Surprise Attack! » Thu 07 Aug, 2014 4:00 am

Don't be evil my behind... Is anyone else other than myself absolutely terrified of Google and how deep they have their claws sunk into literally everyone?
Caeltos

Postby Caeltos » Thu 07 Aug, 2014 4:12 am

So far it's only for VODS.

They did state it was for VODS only, and I doubt they'd change that unless they really want to get an immense hate. They're probably keeping VODs out of the picture to stay on good terms with one partnership, as well as letting streamers play their own music during their playthrough at their own leasure to please their audience(viewers in general).

Not allowing misc. music to be played at all during streaming is just bad business for twitch/google. It'll stick around, for sure. If they don't - it's only a matter of time until another service becomes available and becomes the new mainstream.
Torpid

Postby Torpid » Thu 07 Aug, 2014 4:19 am

Everyone move to hitbox?
Lets make Ordo Malleus great again!
crazyman64335
Shoutcaster

Postby crazyman64335 » Thu 07 Aug, 2014 4:49 am

while it may be bad business for google/twitch to change it, that exact same thing hasn't stopped google in the past (looking at you google plus) so i'd still exercise extreme caution for any streamers. With that said, they'll have to ban me in order to get me to stop playing We Are the Champions after a winner is crowned from the MRT Kappa
RagingJenni
Shoutcaster

Postby RagingJenni » Thu 07 Aug, 2014 10:36 am

Public Domain music is still OK though, right?
"Then he sang softly nigh the pearly rim, But the sad dweller by the sea-ways lone
Changed all he sang to inarticulate moan, Among her wildering whirls, forgetting him"
PhatE
Level 3

Postby PhatE » Thu 07 Aug, 2014 12:45 pm

Good to know, Crazy!

On that note however if I want to blast Katy Perry on my stream I will. JUST TRY TO STOP ME GOOGLE ha HA!
Stream - http://www.twitch.tv/phatness_

Since everyone forgets, my timezone is AEST (UTC/GMT) +10 hours. AEDT is (UTC/GMT) +11 hours. Hopefully no-one tells me what time any tournament is on.
Caeltos

Postby Caeltos » Thu 07 Aug, 2014 1:55 pm

Well, it's audio recognition. So if you're playing mainstream music, you're probably bound to get muted on your VOD. (Assuming you even save that shit) - PS. They don't stick around forever. But honestly, you probably just watch VODS for specific tournaments you've missed anyway, and not some random broadcast anyway, and they don't usually play music without the actual rights to them.
ChrisNihilus
Level 3

Postby ChrisNihilus » Thu 07 Aug, 2014 2:18 pm

Transpose music to +1 semitone.
Recognition doesn't work anymore.
???
Profit.
"This quiet... offends... SLAANESH!"
crazyman64335
Shoutcaster

Postby crazyman64335 » Thu 07 Aug, 2014 3:59 pm

it's the same bot that google uses for youtube so with regards to what music you could play i have no idea because that bot is literally retarded and blocks the strangest audio clips.
Indrid

Postby Indrid » Thu 07 Aug, 2014 7:44 pm

Twitch uses Audible Magic, which is what YouTube used before it made it's own system (Content ID). They might have different databases but they work in much the same way and you can never be sure what they'll pick up. They have some entries that are a bit odd.
Commissar Vocaloid
Shoutcaster

Postby Commissar Vocaloid » Fri 08 Aug, 2014 6:41 pm

the problem with the system implementation is that it inconveniently hits soundtracks from within games themselves as well. There have already been some mentions of VODs being hit for having music playing within game, which is a real problem because it starts to blur the lines of what is acceptable and what is not. In some cases, it has even been reported on games like "Crypt of The Necrodancer" to which, even the creators themselves are questioning how their game - still in development - is being flagged for copy-right infringement without their know how.

Thought I doubt that the DoW 2 soundtrack will have any issues in VODs, it will definitely effect everything else (I myself played music on intermissions for tournaments). I'll probably have to delete the older videos and resort to either playing no music at all or finding some non-licensed music.

Edit: Crypt of the Necrodancer. Damnit :p
Twitch: commissar_vocaloid
Tex wrote:Torpid + Riku sittin in a tree, A-R-G-U-I-N-G, first comes opinion, then comes a bias, then comes a never ending loop of philosophical retorts in response to childish finger wagging.
Nuclear Arbitor
Level 5

Postby Nuclear Arbitor » Sat 09 Aug, 2014 1:55 am

idk, the DoW2 OST is available on itunes or some other site.

Return to “Community General Discussion”