Shoota Orks Repairing

Generic non-balance topics.
The Beggarman
Level 0

Shoota Orks Repairing

Postby The Beggarman » Wed 06 Aug, 2014 5:22 am

Hello all, just joined this forum and have a quick suggestion/question,

Since in 40k lore a shoota boy is the same as a slugga, (heck, even in the campaign slugga's start as shoota's), shouldn't shoota boyz have the ability to repair vehicles? Or has this been done before and it was unbalanced? I'm just wondering why they can't. Just let me know you're thoughts and if its a good idea than let me know where to send it. If it is not then feel free to rip my arms off and offer my bloody stump to Khorne.(also would this same logic apply to totems?)
Crewfinity
Level 4

Re: Shoota Orks Repairing

Postby Crewfinity » Wed 06 Aug, 2014 5:50 am

orks already have sluggas as a repair unit, having both req-only squads in T1 as repair units is horrendously unbalanced, so i dont think that'll ever happen.

consider your arms ripped off before anyone else comes and starts being really mean :P
Torpid

Postby Torpid » Wed 06 Aug, 2014 1:28 pm

*pokes forearm and whispers in your ear to run*
Lets make Ordo Malleus great again!
Surprise Attack!
Level 2

Postby Surprise Attack! » Wed 06 Aug, 2014 4:35 pm

I mostly play IG but since I started off attempting to play Orks before realizing it wasn't for me, I can sympathize. Unlike IG, your main combat unit is not your repair unit. To make things more complicated, Sluggas aren't amazing in T1 and die easily, so if Shootas could repair, why get Sluggas at all?
Batpimp
Level 4

Postby Batpimp » Wed 06 Aug, 2014 6:46 pm

Surprise Attack! wrote:I mostly play IG but since I started off attempting to play Orks before realizing it wasn't for me, I can sympathize. Unlike IG, your main combat unit is not your repair unit. To make things more complicated, Sluggas aren't amazing in T1 and die easily, so if Shootas could repair, why get Sluggas at all?

t2 melee sluggas had their own thread of how good they are. Sluggas fill in a cheap role that stormboyz cannot. I WISH orks had another unit that can repair. like shootas
Eternal Crusade code 4 extra points FOR YOU!:
EC-ULA1Q6C1USBP0
twitch.tv/batpimp/
twitter: @Batpimpn
Starter guide viewtopic.php?f=11&t=877
Advanced strategy viewtopic.php?f=2&t=718
Surprise Attack!
Level 2

Postby Surprise Attack! » Wed 06 Aug, 2014 6:52 pm

Gorilla wrote:
Surprise Attack! wrote:I mostly play IG but since I started off attempting to play Orks before realizing it wasn't for me, I can sympathize. Unlike IG, your main combat unit is not your repair unit. To make things more complicated, Sluggas aren't amazing in T1 and die easily, so if Shootas could repair, why get Sluggas at all?

t2 melee sluggas had their own thread of how good they are. Sluggas fill in a cheap role that stormboyz cannot. I WISH orks had another unit that can repair. like shootas

Actually I just remembered... You start off with a Slugga as the Orks don't you? For some reason I remember having to buy them. My bad.
Nuclear Arbitor
Level 5

Postby Nuclear Arbitor » Thu 07 Aug, 2014 4:54 am

initial squad is always the repair squad.
holyoke
Level 2

Postby holyoke » Thu 07 Aug, 2014 9:35 am

In fact all ork units and commanders should repair and that still would be perfectly balanced. :|

EDIT : BTW in IG HWT can repair and no one seem to bother.
It seems there is a Nid for me.
Raffa
Level 4

Postby Raffa » Thu 07 Aug, 2014 12:19 pm

In a nutshell, there's one repair squad per race and that's the starting unit. This has always been the case and it seems unlikely to change.

IG is the exception, since they more commonly rely on vehicles.

Return to “Community General Discussion”