dawn of war soon on GOG platform

Generic non-balance topics.
initialmink
Level 1

dawn of war soon on GOG platform

Postby initialmink » Fri 02 Sep, 2022 1:42 pm

Here the link for a good news
https://www.gog.com/en/game/warhammer_40000_dawn_of_war

I hope we will get dow 2 retribution too on GoG server, in order to stop to play on that shit East Virginia SERVER!!!
Cave canem
Paranoid Kamikaze
Level 4

Re: dawn of war soon on GOG platform

Postby Paranoid Kamikaze » Sat 03 Sep, 2022 12:20 am

"Please note: cross platform multiplayer is not supported and only available with other GOG users."

Multiplayer will be dead.
Impregnable
Level 4

Postby Impregnable » Sat 03 Sep, 2022 6:58 am

If that new server has less lag for some regions or people, that can be a potential place for hosting tournaments. Although, GoG copy should not be too pricey for that purpose to work.

- Also, that place will be a good spot for testing Sound Bug. If it doesn't occur there, that means it is related to Steam and server though I highly doubt that will be the case considering research results that has been done so far by modders.
"Excalibur!"
"Excalibur!"
"From the United Kingdom!"
"I'm looking for heaven!"
"I'm going to California!"
"Excalibur!"
"Excalibur!"
initialmink
Level 1

Postby initialmink » Sat 03 Sep, 2022 12:21 pm

Impregnable wrote:If that new server has less lag for some regions or people, that can be a potential place for hosting tournaments. Although, GoG copy should not be too pricey for that purpose to work.

- Also, that place will be a good spot for testing Sound Bug. If it doesn't occur there, that means it is related to Steam and server though I highly doubt that will be the case considering research results that has been done so far by modders.

Yeah ,i think so too mate!
Sound bug is about steam because sometime i got desync and sound bug together
Every game today got a server in Europe, only steam put us on Ashburn server in East Virginia, it s a shame!

it is easy for me to measure the delay on steam servers from Italy:
first I play 1v1 vs the bot I put the heretics in WORSHIP with the W key then I press W again and almost at the same time the X key, well the heretics stop pworship and return to the base in retreat, Now I play a multiplayer game and do the SAME procedure with the heretics and scandalously I discover that the heretics interrupt the worship but they retreat AFTER 2 SECONDS FROM THE INPUT KEYBOARD (KEY X) !!!
Cave canem

Return to “Community General Discussion”