More evidence needed - Sudden death syndrome in DoW

Generic non-balance topics.
LOCALgHOST
Level 3

More evidence needed - Sudden death syndrome in DoW

Postby LOCALgHOST » Mon 04 Jul, 2022 9:00 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pttUZUr ... Fcx4AaABAg

guys there are accidents when you unit\model dies or cries about taking damage, while you know it's safe on the base or so.

This happened for the last 2-3 patches for sure.

in that Indrid cast there is a timecode for Chaos termie walks back on base after nukes and JUST DIES. it's 100% nothing to do with damage over time (termies heal faster than hellfire damages it) or nuke.

i can tell that i got librarian dies on retreat far away from any enemy on his own base. Noticed that this happened when i selected him to check health by squad number button

who can tell the similar stories? or give some reps?

It's something like sharing damage between units or some buttons are hotkeys that cause damage by a hidden effect
Paranoid Kamikaze
Level 4

Re: More evidence needed - Sudden death syndrome in DoW

Postby Paranoid Kamikaze » Mon 04 Jul, 2022 7:25 pm

LOCALgHOST wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pttUZUrUSEw&lc=UgzhZkVVwBTK41u6Fcx4AaABAg

guys there are accidents when you unit\model dies or cries about taking damage, while you know it's safe on the base or so.

This happened for the last 2-3 patches for sure.

in that Indrid cast there is a timecode for Chaos termie walks back on base after nukes and JUST DIES. it's 100% nothing to do with damage over time (termies heal faster than hellfire damages it) or nuke.

i can tell that i got librarian dies on retreat far away from any enemy on his own base. Noticed that this happened when i selected him to check health by squad number button

who can tell the similar stories? or give some reps?

It's something like sharing damage between units or some buttons are hotkeys that cause damage by a hidden effect

Thought it was damage given but delayed for some reason.
initialmink
Level 1

Postby initialmink » Mon 04 Jul, 2022 8:21 pm

if you have vaccinated your army with 3 doses of anti covid then it is a side effect of the vaccine!
Cave canem
Inekura
Level 2

Postby Inekura » Tue 05 Jul, 2022 9:23 am

It's a very common bug that you just don't realise most of the time qnd mostly if units die.
It's delayed dmg from melee attacks.
While taking the attack the model doesnt receive the dmg but then after a while it kicks in.
Obviously it's suuuuuper annoying if you lose models that way buy theoretically that model would have died by the smg in combat anyways.
It can even help you since it can sometimes prevent models from dieing if they get healed by base before taking the dmg
initialmink
Level 1

Postby initialmink » Tue 05 Jul, 2022 10:30 am

Inekura wrote:It's a very common bug that you just don't realise most of the time qnd mostly if units die.
It's delayed dmg from melee attacks.
While taking the attack the model doesnt receive the dmg but then after a while it kicks in.
Obviously it's suuuuuper annoying if you lose models that way buy theoretically that model would have died by the smg in combat anyways.
It can even help you since it can sometimes prevent models from dieing if they get healed by base before taking the dmg

Pathetic excuses, the truth is that we play on shit servers!!!!!!!!!
Cave canem
Asmon
Level 4

Postby Asmon » Tue 05 Jul, 2022 5:11 pm

As Inekura said.

It's an annoying bug but hardly game-breaking and unless you manage to quick heal the model then it just dies as it was meant to.

In this case, the Terminator died from lightning claw attacks from enemy termis. You can even see the lightning damage animation as it falls down. It's a classic example of delayed damage, as it mostly happens when the unit gets hit by :

Splash damage
Slow melee attack (on a quick retreating unit) whose animation isn't played correctly.
Broodwich
Level 4

Postby Broodwich » Wed 06 Jul, 2022 1:44 am

i'm not sure if there's a timer on the damage dealt, or if it gets applied after the next time the attacker hits something else. otherwise, this is old news, and as ine summed up nicely, irrelevant
Fas est ab hoste doceri
LOCALgHOST
Level 3

Postby LOCALgHOST » Thu 07 Jul, 2022 11:49 am

damn
just played - all units retreated, healed, and then we go in a 20-30 sec, and apo recives damage while chaos bashed my power farm
initialmink
Level 1

Postby initialmink » Fri 08 Jul, 2022 10:06 am

LOCALgHOST wrote:damn
just played - all units retreated, healed, and then we go in a 20-30 sec, and apo recives damage while chaos bashed my power farm

Download uotrace.exe ,run it ,put dow2 servers ip :52.71.52.61
Then click on the icon "trace route"
when the routing is finished click on "Poll".
Screenshot the results and send it to me .
Link for download:

https://eaassets-a.akamaihd.net/eahelp/ ... otrace.exe

If u got high ping or too much Hops u will get issues during the game!
Cave canem
LOCALgHOST
Level 3

Postby LOCALgHOST » Mon 18 Jul, 2022 6:33 am

initialmink wrote:https://eaassets-a.akamaihd.net/eahelp/ ... otrace.exe

If u got high ping or too much Hops u will get issues during the game!

broken link

btw dont think it's an issue

Return to “Community General Discussion”