Active streams at main page dawnofwar.info

Generic non-balance topics.
Deuce Bigalow
Level 2

Active streams at main page dawnofwar.info

Postby Deuce Bigalow » Sat 07 May, 2022 3:05 pm

Hey Guys,

I remember a time when the active streamers were shown at dawnofwar.info. I feel like that was very helpful feature in keeping the community alive and well. It appears not to be functioning any more as I can't remember the last time I saw an active stream there. Can we get that feature rolling again?
Deuce Bigalow
Level 2

Re: Active streams at main page dawnofwar.info

Postby Deuce Bigalow » Sat 07 May, 2022 3:52 pm

In addition, whatever script is used to pull the streams should check that the game is Dawn of War II: Retribution. So, for streamers that stream multiple games, the script will only pull when they are streaming Dawn of War. I can help with that if needed.
Paranoid Kamikaze
Level 4

Postby Paranoid Kamikaze » Sat 07 May, 2022 6:13 pm

Just bookmark this: https://www.twitch.tv/directory/game/Wa ... 20War%20II

Also, for latest videos it would be nice if it showed latest videos and not people who haven't uploaded in years.

https://dawnofwar.info/videos/

That's what you get when you click 'see more'. Having that by default would be nice.
Deuce Bigalow
Level 2

Postby Deuce Bigalow » Sat 07 May, 2022 6:39 pm

Paranoid Kamikaze wrote:Just bookmark this: https://www.twitch.tv/directory/game/Wa ... 20War%20II

I liked it better when the streams were on the main page. That way newcomers any anyone can jump right in. Also, whenever I streamed the numbers were much higher during that time, because anyone on the site was going to see that your stream was up. Should be a quick fix to get it back up and running as the main page is actually polling for streams, but they are not coming up. Possibly Myrdal can look at or point us in the right direction.

Paranoid Kamikaze wrote:Also, for latest videos it would be nice if it showed latest videos and not people who haven't uploaded in years.

https://dawnofwar.info/videos/

That's what you get when you click 'see more'. Having that by default would be nice.

Separate topic for now
Broodwich
Level 4

Postby Broodwich » Sat 07 May, 2022 6:58 pm

i agree with kickin, that was how i found people streaming in the first place.

I dunno, maybe everyone is logged into twitch all the time now, but i'm not. I don't go "I feel like watching someone stream, i wonder if anyone is streaming" and then check twitch. I visit the site and then notice someone is streaming and hop on
Fas est ab hoste doceri
Deuce Bigalow
Level 2

Postby Deuce Bigalow » Sat 07 May, 2022 8:07 pm

Awesome. A quick check on the main page "view source" and using "find" I see the channel list (see below). We also see that the script is actually checking the Game ID, so it looks like we have no issues there. However, I would like to verify that everything is functioning as normal, since I haven't seen any streams there. My twitch URL has changed form "kickinace" to "aliveandkickin", so that could be one reason I am not showing up. Broodwich, if you stream at "lordbroodwich" does your stream show up at dawnofwar.info?

---
Pulled from "view source" at dawnofwar.info -

var channels = ["2torpid4u", "adeptus_noobus", "adila610", "atlastheinquiring", "batpimp", "bbbos", "blessedjosh", "cornholiocast", "energeticdisassembly", "juhwann", "kickinace", "legacyoffleischmann115", "lordbroodwich", "marutectz", "nurland", "phatness_", "phoenix_dow", "redrupee", "relicentertainment", "rts_cult", "swiftsabre", "tex_dow2", "tmhunter7", "venkitsune", "vindicarex", "kimimoria", "devilwar1004", "xbrawlerx", "senpaitorpiddow", "oceansateboss", "paigeel", "mrstormyz", "mateba", "bittertruth", "archaonthe_ever_salty", "alongcameaspider", "showmemagik"];

if (stream.game_id !== '29137') { return; }
GuruSkippy
Level 2

Postby GuruSkippy » Sat 07 May, 2022 8:59 pm

well, there is tons of streams to add too :

thetenso
grandpianos
guruskippy
valhero_ (if he goes back to dow2)
slimecasts
leonusvarnee
shawodi
p90digy
lekingfisher

Russian streams :
wellplayedtv
bloodra1n
sphenomz
skysilvermojo
love____
l_Alerion

Korean streams :
robinology777
gh6679
lemov93
std_loyal

Sorry if I forgot some.
Broodwich
Level 4

Postby Broodwich » Mon 09 May, 2022 9:10 am

i don't think i've streamed in years, definitely need to update that list
Fas est ab hoste doceri
Broodwich
Level 4

Postby Broodwich » Mon 09 May, 2022 11:27 pm

ah, i just realized you were asking to test. This is what happens when you answer questions baked.

no, it does not show up on the page when i stream. I tried a few times

my guess would be their api or url changed from whatever the site was setup initially with
Fas est ab hoste doceri
GuruSkippy
Level 2

Postby GuruSkippy » Tue 10 May, 2022 7:43 am

or the game_id ?
Retribution existed in twitch game selection back in the day. Now it doesn't, everyone had to switch to basic DOW2 in twitch.

Return to “Community General Discussion”