HAHAHAHAHHAHAHA

Atlas

Re: HAHAHAHAHHAHAHA

Postby Atlas » Fri 09 Feb, 2018 2:12 am

Toilailee wrote:The amount of spite in this thread is absurd. A game that most of you didn't even buy is dead? Well good for you I guess. :?

Amen. You'd think it shot their dog or something. But w/e.
Forestradio
Level 5

Postby Forestradio » Fri 09 Feb, 2018 2:33 am

Toilailee wrote:The amount of spite in this thread is absurd. A game that most of you didn't even buy is dead? Well good for you I guess. :?
Atlas wrote:Amen. You'd think it shot their dog or something. But w/e.

Mourn those who have fallen from the emperor's light, but celebrate the destruction of heresy no matter its form.
Impregnable
Level 4

Postby Impregnable » Fri 09 Feb, 2018 3:11 am

The major problem is relic lied about making a huge patch coming up and then did this shit to betray whoever was left in dow3. People are absolutely furious about this fact worldwide. Not only did they betray dow1 and dow2 fans but now they even betrayed those who stuck with dow3.

Relic was in no position to gamble with dow3. Did they have talented devs for making a good game? No, because most likely all the original developers of the series left by now. Did they have second chance in case dow3 turned out shit? No, because Sega is not that lenient on giving a new chance on this sort of new studio that has failed on its first attempt on the franchise. If this was the case, what should they do? A failsafe option is to remaster the graphics of dow1 and slightly alter some things while adding some new features. If you cannot satisfy both dow1 and dow2 fans, you should at least choose 1 and improve on it. Since dow1 was older game, could have gotten dow1 fans' support by making dow3 an improvement on dow1. dow3 did not choose a safe option and failed miserably at doing a risky option of revamping every feature. How foolish of them.
"Excalibur!"
"Excalibur!"
"From the United Kingdom!"
"I'm looking for heaven!"
"I'm going to California!"
"Excalibur!"
"Excalibur!"
Paranoid Kamikaze
Level 4

Postby Paranoid Kamikaze » Fri 09 Feb, 2018 4:02 am

Relic: We will have an announcement for all DoW 3 fans in February. Just wait a few months
*A few months later in February*
Relic: Our announcement is that we're abandoning the game
Last edited by Paranoid Kamikaze on Fri 09 Feb, 2018 5:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dullahan
Level 2

Postby Dullahan » Fri 09 Feb, 2018 5:06 am

Aguxyz wrote:
Paranoid Kamikaze wrote:
Aguxyz wrote:to be fair a lot of what he has been saying is true and has been true

He just bandwagons for views. It doesn't matter if he was right about anything if I want to put my fist into my monitor in hopes of it reaching his face.

he was one of the first ppl to make a video that dow3 was going on the wrong direction.................

When he reviewed the game he was far more neutral on it.

Then he started bashing it a week or two after release without offering any idea of what the game actually should be. He hopped on the hatewagon and is riding it all the way up his smug fat ass.

He was one of those "It's not a dawn of war game" folks who have no fucking argument. I understand if people dislike some of the mechanics, but few people were able to atriculate anything more than frothing at the mouth about Gabriel leaping or "ITS A MOBA" or whatever nonsense. That's why Relic had no idea what the fuck to change about the game because people offered useless feedback.

Loved the game. Sad to see it die in the crib. Usually I get a lot more mileage out of Relic than 300 hours. Won't be buying any of Relic's games again.
ShowMeMagik
Level 2

Postby ShowMeMagik » Fri 09 Feb, 2018 6:59 am

This is awesome news. Now Relic can refocus on DoW2 helping to swell the number of people playing it. Just think of the people that won't see the advertising for the DoW series and think I'm goin go check out the older versions to see what they are like. This can only swell the ranks of players joining the mod.
Nurland

Postby Nurland » Fri 09 Feb, 2018 7:25 am

Relic isn't going to focus on DoW2. It is even more dead and older than DoW3.

They are going to focus on future titles to make more cash.
#noobcodex
Aguxyz
Level 3

Postby Aguxyz » Fri 09 Feb, 2018 8:10 am

Dullahan wrote:
Aguxyz wrote:
Paranoid Kamikaze wrote:
He just bandwagons for views. It doesn't matter if he was right about anything if I want to put my fist into my monitor in hopes of it reaching his face.

he was one of the first ppl to make a video that dow3 was going on the wrong direction.................

When he reviewed the game he was far more neutral on it.

Then he started bashing it a week or two after release without offering any idea of what the game actually should be. He hopped on the hatewagon and is riding it all the way up his smug fat ass.

He was one of those "It's not a dawn of war game" folks who have no fucking argument. I understand if people dislike some of the mechanics, but few people were able to atriculate anything more than frothing at the mouth about Gabriel leaping or "ITS A MOBA" or whatever nonsense. That's why Relic had no idea what the fuck to change about the game because people offered useless feedback.

Loved the game. Sad to see it die in the crib. Usually I get a lot more mileage out of Relic than 300 hours. Won't be buying any of Relic's games again.

Well it was dead when they showed the gameplay trailer nothing can fix the mess they did, and saying that people had useless feedback is far from it
"Does the Seer see its own doom!?" -Tau commander
2torpid4u: You still haven't sucked my big pink nipples Agu :(
Swift

Postby Swift » Fri 09 Feb, 2018 12:21 pm

I'm sure most of you think of me as a DoW III shill and nothing else, but I didn't like the game. I tried hard to like it, but it quickly fell off my radar given how lacklustre it was. DoW III was not what 99% of the fanbase wanted and it shows given the news that DoW III has died.

But you're happy? The sequel to a game that was so late no one expected has now died, and I don't know about yourselves but if I were in the position of Sega then I'd be pulling the franchise with it. No more DoW III, no more DoW.

DoW II is a great game, and Elite makes it much better, but how long are people realistically going to hang around Elite? This community is small enough as it is and having the franchise basically canned isn't going to spur more people to go "Oh remember that great DoW II mod that we'll all play til the end of time".

Everyone's entitled to their opinion but the nature of this thread typifies exactly the kind of circlejerking that puts people off about the Elite community. You think anyone from DoW III is going to come to Elite after seeing post after post memeing the game to death? But then let me guess, you wouldn't want anyone from DoW III coming to Elite because everything's perfect the way it is.

DoW III was a bad game, in my eyes, but the way this community celebrates what is likely the demise of the entire franchise is so childish. It screams shortsightedness. Anyway I don't expect the ringleaders to even read half of what I have to say because it's not HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA LOOOOOOOOOOL DED GAEM LOL RERIC FUKKED UP ASS COZ MOBA CLONE FOR RETARD PLAYERZZZZ.
The internal battery has run dry, the game can now be played. However, clock based events will no longer occur.
Zevargel
Level 2

Postby Zevargel » Fri 09 Feb, 2018 1:54 pm

Swiftsabre wrote:I'm sure most of you think of me as a DoW III shill and nothing else, but I didn't like the game. I tried hard to like it, but it quickly fell off my radar given how lacklustre it was. DoW III was not what 99% of the fanbase wanted and it shows given the news that DoW III has died.

But you're happy? The sequel to a game that was so late no one expected has now died, and I don't know about yourselves but if I were in the position of Sega then I'd be pulling the franchise with it. No more DoW III, no more DoW.

DoW II is a great game, and Elite makes it much better, but how long are people realistically going to hang around Elite? This community is small enough as it is and having the franchise basically canned isn't going to spur more people to go "Oh remember that great DoW II mod that we'll all play til the end of time".

Everyone's entitled to their opinion but the nature of this thread typifies exactly the kind of circlejerking that puts people off about the Elite community. You think anyone from DoW III is going to come to Elite after seeing post after post memeing the game to death? But then let me guess, you wouldn't want anyone from DoW III coming to Elite because everything's perfect the way it is.

DoW III was a bad game, in my eyes, but the way this community celebrates what is likely the demise of the entire franchise is so childish. It screams shortsightedness. Anyway I don't expect the ringleaders to even read half of what I have to say because it's not HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA LOOOOOOOOOOL DED GAEM LOL RERIC FUKKED UP ASS COZ MOBA CLONE FOR RETARD PLAYERZZZZ.

You know why this thread exist? In the begining even I was optimistic about this game, but lets back a bit erlier when first screans and first footage coming out the comunity told to devs they going to wrong way. How react relic? Yeah right they ignore. But it's not the worst part, they force and rush releas of this game and didn't listen to comunity starting promoute this game with fake titles (they lie to all to sell it). When they release alpha they keep lie, when they release open beta they keep lie, when they releas game with such a small content millions bugs no conced option no observers no leaderboard and ask 60 euro for this game man, and after they see game falling they still keep lie and promise to comunity 'golden mountains'. They still didn't apologize of their fail cos fanbase screaming to them after first footage that this game going wrong way, so pls Swift don't be wonder and don't blame anyone for this thread. It's here cos relic deserved this not for making bad game cos they betrayed their comunity their fanbase.
Oddnerd
Level 4

Postby Oddnerd » Fri 09 Feb, 2018 2:00 pm

Swiftsabre wrote:But you're happy?
...DoW III was a bad game, in my eyes, but the way this community celebrates what is likely the demise of the entire franchise is so childish. It screams shortsightedness

We aren't celebrating the death of a franchise, we are celebrating the failure of a shit video game. They tried to appeal to the MOBA/SC2 crowd at the expense of the core player base of people like me who have been buying DOW games since the first release day of DOW1... and in the end created an abomination that appealed to almost no one.

Should we want DOW3 to do well or wish Relic the best? That sounds like an attempt to insist on fake, hollow politeness for it's own sake. If DOW3 had done well and Relic was rolling in cash, then Relic would have absolutely 0 incentive to reconsider their approach to making games and go back to making actual DOW games. Even now I am sure they are probably incorrigible, but DOW3 being a disastrous failure could have been the sign they needed to go back to making actual DOW games.
Last edited by Oddnerd on Fri 09 Feb, 2018 3:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Marutectz
Level 1

Postby Marutectz » Fri 09 Feb, 2018 3:09 pm

This ones for Swift, mainly cause he wants memes then he'll get them and DOW III's death was just inevitable. People told them, they brushed it off and believed so mighty it'd be a cash grab for lack luster content, well congratulations the consumers won! We won, we won by doing what was necessary and despite all the critical pleading, hoping and utter wish to see DOW III succeed beyond belief, we were ignored. So we (consumers) literally denied them cash because they thought they were right, they literally purged forum after forum of people screaming at them because it would kill every Dawn of War enthusiast. Christ man look at Gothic Armada 2! Here we come and I for one will enjoy that game once it's released. And please note those are developers who LOVE 40K and will, as always, do it justice unlike their larger (more heavily budgeted) counterparts who thought they'd appeal to some 'mythical' audience of casual RTS Gamers?

Casual rts gamers are just the average Joe, Sue or IT which flock towards these games as Hardcore people (you know, the 'trolls') who spread the word to tell to literally get it...do you see a correlation? Good Quality = Great Success for Consumers to keep playing a product, over and over again, an actual finished and well designed game translates to people telling others to get said game! And DOW III was fucked, it was shallow and it was utterly lack luster compared to it's predecessors.

Cry all you want Swift or preach what your delusional take on it, all too simply you can't fix a shit product by hoping and using some 'mythical' hope that if we give them more money...they'll do better? Christ man, look at the whole industry of AAA titles. It's on the shit, they're literally doing a classic exploitation of: Make less to earn More! Repeat this with me; "You want to buy A LESSER PRODUCT FOR MORE MONEY because YOU THINK THEY'LL DO BETTER?" They're realizing they can't pull this shit anymore, so they're gonna pretend it wasn't their fault and will shelve this franchise mainly out of sheer arrogance. So this is beyond a simple, "Oh I hope you guys are proud with killing the 'franchise."

Consumers make, or break a product and we're breaking it because we are fed up with lack luster shit that's masquerading as a 'finished' design.

To Die in the Death Korps, is to Atone for Sins our forefathers have committed against the Emperor. To Die is to Live.

Dawn of War Eternal Crusade Referral Code: EC-54OK8W9O12HQL
Swift

Postby Swift » Fri 09 Feb, 2018 5:11 pm

I'm going to quote you three so you know who I'm directing this at, then after that other people can jump on the bandwagon and hate me more. My aim with this is to dispel a few myths but I'm not hopeful.

Zevargel wrote:

You open your point by saying Relic ignored the community when they first teased DoW III content. It's a little more complex than that. They'd likely been working on it a while, and the chance that a percentage of people online voicing concern, hatred, apathy etc would change anything so far into the development process is quite absurd. Relic have a plan in mind, and for better or worse to keep projects on track they stick to the plan, or Sega isn't going to be too keen in funding them anymore. As Dullahan says, the feedback provided wasn't exactly helpful, since it was mostly concerning how repulsive the artstyle was or how moba the game looked. Very little was actually constructive, and if let's say 50% of your fanbase doesn't like the way it looks, and then 50% of those people are saying what looks bad, and 50% of them are saying why it looks bad, and then everyone has a different and not well fleshed out idea of how to change it, then you don't have much reason to listen to anyone in particular when the fans can't reach a consensus. All companies work like this because bending to the will of some vague wishes is going to lead to complete disarray.

You second point about them lying doesn't seem to have basis because they never lied about what their game would be. They showed off screenshots, then videos, then the betas came out and we could all see for ourselves what the game would look like. Just because it didn't fit the way you wanted it does not mean Relic lied, because this is the only way I can see how you came up with such a statement. They got it wrong, certainly, horribly wrong: they under delivered on key things that you pointed out (obs mode, leaderboards, gamemodes), and that contributed to the demise of the game, but they didn't lie, so that's not valid criticism.

Oddnerd wrote:

Look, I'm going to be horribly nitpicky here and I know it's annoying, but in my own words I wrote 'celebrate what is likely the death of the franchise'. No one wants to celebrate the death of DoW as a franchise, but this is exactly the shortsightedness that I'm talking about. DoW III's horrific failure is not going to give Sega much confidence in continuing support for the series as a whole. You can whoop and cheer as much as you like that DoW III is no more, personally I think it's kind of foolish that people would waste so much time and negative emotion to revel in failure because they feel vindicated or whatever, but I don't think I can communicate that to people anymore.

DoW III's failing is not something to cheer about because it spells serious doubt for the games ever being revisited or continued, and as much as some might like, we can't play Elite forever (unless you're Venji). I'm saying this because it's easy to see this as "revenge for a bad game" but I think people need to look past that and see that the consequences of DoW III being pulled are far more long lasting.

You're correct in that this failure should show Relic how not to do things, and I hope too that they learn. I am not asking anyone to wish that DoW III had done better, you can read that in my post. I wanted to like it, but I couldn't. A lot of people instantly hated it, and some still like it now. What does it matter it's all subjective, hence why I am not saying we should weep for it, but don't expect a sequel any time soon or ever.

Marutectz wrote:

I'll ignore the hyperbolic point about purging forum after forum because that's not true, but I don't think I have time to outline exactly why since we both know it's hyperbole.

Well, in the short term, yes, we won! WE WON! The consumer wielded ultimate power and DoW III died. In a sense, that is winning, because we've slain the beast and now it's dead. But it's winning in the same sense that you then realise that a much bigger beast called Sega is going to come along and eat the wretched carcass forever, and now we have no more DoW. Poor analogy aside, I've explained this point too many times. Yes, the consumer told Relic what they didn't want and Relic paid for it dearly, but now we have nothing.

I don't want to make this a personal argument either because that's going to devolve into nothing good but what you're saying about Armada II may well be correct, but that same level of blind faith about a developer is how we got here in the first place.

Your second paragraph I get the gist of, and I agree with it. DoW III was poorly designed, and it wasn't enjoyable. I mean, yeah, not much else to say but I agree for the most part.

Your final paragraph though shows me you missed the point, and you missed it badly. I'm not crying nor preaching, I'm warning you that your celebrations are shortsighted if you think that this is good news for the DoW franchise. You don't care about DoW III, but I'm fairly sure you want Dow IV. Good luck, basically. I never told anyone to like the game, or even that by buying it they'll fix it, I feel like this is a misconception that popularly surrounds anyone who seems to defend DoW III. I don't like DoW III anymore. I used to, but then I got bored of it. I'm not an apologist for the shit state of that game but I don't think mindlessly celebrating it being dropped is good. In the end it shows Sega that people don't like change and would rather stick with what they have. And Sega might be horribly wrong if they think that, but if they do then the whole series gets fucked over.

Your last point about triple A titles doesn't really do the argument justice either because you're going against what you said earlier, which is that people rule the market. The devs get away with these practices because they know people will give them more money. Battlefront 2 came out very poorly because it pushed this mentality to the extreme and people finally noticed that it was truly predatory. But there's plenty of games out there doing just fine with microtransactions and hordes of DLC because as you said, the consumer decides what's worth it, and the consumer is buying these things. Don't blindly blame the devs for their evil ways when it suits you, and don't ennoble consumer power when it suits you too. This is also disregarding other factors such as the complexity of designing lots of modern games and cases where microtransactions are acceptable, but that's a whole other tangent.

Your point about arrorgance confuses me, because I doubt arrogance has anything to do with it. If you beat a metaphorical dog, it's going to walk away with its tail between its legs, not with a grin that says "I told you my behaviour would lead you to brutally assaulting me". There's no arrogance in it at all, in fact there are probably some quite serious questions about Relic's future and layoffs. And once again, don't misquote me, I didn't blame you for killing the franchise, I blame Relic for that (well, I don't think excessive hostility is good either but nevermind).

Anyway, I doubt anyone will read any of this, but if you do, please give me the courtesy of responding.
The internal battery has run dry, the game can now be played. However, clock based events will no longer occur.
Rostam
Level 4

Postby Rostam » Fri 09 Feb, 2018 5:42 pm

the posts are too long :P
“Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself.” Leon Tolstoy
Zevargel
Level 2

Postby Zevargel » Fri 09 Feb, 2018 7:02 pm

Swiftsabre wrote:I'm going to quote you three so you know who I'm directing this at, then after that other people can jump on the bandwagon and hate me more. My aim with this is to dispel a few myths but I'm not hopeful.

Zevargel wrote:

You open your point by saying Relic ignored the community when they first teased DoW III content. It's a little more complex than that. They'd likely been working on it a while, and the chance that a percentage of people online voicing concern, hatred, apathy etc would change anything so far into the development process is quite absurd. Relic have a plan in mind, and for better or worse to keep projects on track they stick to the plan, or Sega isn't going to be too keen in funding them anymore. As Dullahan says, the feedback provided wasn't exactly helpful, since it was mostly concerning how repulsive the artstyle was or how moba the game looked. Very little was actually constructive, and if let's say 50% of your fanbase doesn't like the way it looks, and then 50% of those people are saying what looks bad, and 50% of them are saying why it looks bad, and then everyone has a different and not well fleshed out idea of how to change it, then you don't have much reason to listen to anyone in particular when the fans can't reach a consensus. All companies work like this because bending to the will of some vague wishes is going to lead to complete disarray.

You second point about them lying doesn't seem to have basis because they never lied about what their game would be. They showed off screenshots, then videos, then the betas came out and we could all see for ourselves what the game would look like. Just because it didn't fit the way you wanted it does not mean Relic lied, because this is the only way I can see how you came up with such a statement. They got it wrong, certainly, horribly wrong: they under delivered on key things that you pointed out (obs mode, leaderboards, gamemodes), and that contributed to the demise of the game, but they didn't lie, so that's not valid criticism.

Man as I said they lied cos they show fake rewards on PC gamers etc and they give only 3 days to test game release it only with that small content. Game was not even finish it was looks like deep alpha when it was official released! That means they was need only money by fake promoute as I said if you still didn't understood you get fucked by relic I'm sorry for you. And after all of this they keep showing the fucking rewards on main forum paige when the tons of shit already droped on them, they act like such a hypocriticals. The problem of players like you they still didn't understand that they get fucked by relic.
Psycho
Level 3

Postby Psycho » Fri 09 Feb, 2018 7:04 pm

For most people the time for mourning was on release. Everyone could see the writing on the wall. That it's now officially dead is a good thing specifically because it shoots down the incentive for godawful practices. Had it been successful, you know they'd have aimed to develop things that'd be to DoW3 what DoW3 was to DoW2 and 1.

Everyone says 'vote with your wallet', and now that everyone did, suddenly the consumer is guilt tripped about the obvious consequences. It reeks of hypocrisy to want good development practices yet suddenly not wanting a game and the company incentivizing awful practices to be punished for it. It's the equivalent of saying 'I'll vote with my wallet next time'. The death of the franchise is a tragic thing, but for a great many people it died as soon as DoW3 came out. Again, imagine how DoW4 could've potentially been had DoW3 in its state turned so wildly successful a sequel would've been approved immediately. Not to mention that the franchise dying is not the end of the world, there are other games to seek, nobody is holding a gun to our heads aiming to shoot it should DoW die. It's just a game, treat it as such.

And swift, I've seen twice in a row already you've pulled the 'woe is me nobody will read my post' card.
Marutectz
Level 1

Postby Marutectz » Fri 09 Feb, 2018 7:30 pm

Jesus Christ, Swift let me spell this out for you: stop trying to defend a company that refuses to listen to their consumer base. Stop playing this whole' woe me and no one will read, or listen to my post' crap either. It's sickening, so do me a favor and understand something. You think I'm not exaggerating when I state: The admins on that site, both Steam and on Dawn of War III's eliminated practically every critical insight as to why this game was doomed to fail. Personally I had three posts deleted because I didn't give a damn about hurting feelings of Average Joe and Susan's 'cliche' answers of why was I trying to change a game that was perfect in their eyes! If you believe with all your mind, that DOWIII was good, then you need to ask just why is it so many don't share that opinion?

I never even bought the game because a friend of mine, who is a budding 40K fan and table top player asked me for my opinion, I was utterly bored out of my mind. I told him the truth, it's a shallow and watered down point A to point B shoot fest. More so I actually invested my time on those forums to see with my own two eyes, I looked on multiple threads in where I went into people discussing how to make the game better, to get it more and more attention to draw back players dropping said game without trying to insult it's entirety and yet it was the same old bull, 'This game needs to change because..." Here comes fucking Gorb, or Gorrbles (whatever the hell) claiming, "Oh-ho! This violates our community guidelines and is now descending into...(insert verbal exchange)", he get's paid to kiss ass and basically try to make the forums nice.

So in short every critical and non bias in-depth discussion I witnessed got wiped out, locked or deleted. I tried for one month trying to explain to people why, or rather when this game was going to roll over. It died within a year, A YEAR, and almost 90% of it's player-base dropped off during said year. That's not normal, that's a fucking sign of absolute consumer revolt and many people refunded their purchases which again tell you something is clearly wrong with it!

And as for my AAA gaming? IT'S THE DAMNED TRUTH, MAN! SEGA, EA and every other big named fucking company for the past decade or so does this with all their games now to this obvious insanity. Hell I need to take one little look at the damned Skull system because it was pretty clear it was going to be micro-transactions if it proved to be successful. DOWIII and it's sub-pair quality a success? Oh let's Pay more money for more skulls, skip grinding and spend more upon our lesser product. Look at every major release of big budget games, they're gutted and made bare for petty DLC's to add on gimmicks or half ass expansions to earn profit for their stock holders! How long did you think people who were aware of all these signs not finally have enough, call it what you will and pretend that I don't make sense Swift, Consumers like myself are done with hoping and waiting around for these jackasses to get the memo. So here it is...

We are no longer going to tolerate this predatory practices and if you cannot accept why I'm earnestly pissed off, just look at the trends of gaming to make me believe this isn't going to happen?

To Die in the Death Korps, is to Atone for Sins our forefathers have committed against the Emperor. To Die is to Live.

Dawn of War Eternal Crusade Referral Code: EC-54OK8W9O12HQL
egewithin
Level 5

Postby egewithin » Fri 09 Feb, 2018 7:38 pm

Relic got what they deserve. It took 5 fuckıng god damm years for them to realise that HWT has no lasguns. For 5 fuckıng god damm years, they left IG defenceless, te race that was supposed to be focused on defence. And you guys were expecting them to save DoW III?

It just makes me sad that, the best rts in the world is dead, just because of a bunch of retards at top. I don't care about DoW III, or even DoW II at this point. Remember, they still haven't fixed the god damm sound bug for 7 years.

Let it die, let it rot, let the nature do what it is right to do
Oddnerd
Level 4

Postby Oddnerd » Fri 09 Feb, 2018 8:00 pm

Swiftsabre wrote:Look, I'm going to be horribly nitpicky here and I know it's annoying, but in my own words I wrote 'celebrate what is likely the death of the franchise'.

Ok, my bad.

Swiftsabre wrote:No one wants to celebrate the death of DoW as a franchise, but this is exactly the shortsightedness that I'm talking about. DoW III's horrific failure is not going to give Sega much confidence in continuing support for the series as a whole. You can whoop and cheer as much as you like that DoW III is no more, personally I think it's kind of foolish that people would waste so much time and negative emotion to revel in failure because they feel vindicated or whatever, but I don't think I can communicate that to people anymore.

I can't guarantee that DOW3 failing is the solution to our problem, but I think it has a greater chance of causing Relic to engage in course correction than us being supportive and giving them our money in the hopes of them doing better. I am pretty sure that if DOW3 had been a success there would be a 100% chance of Relic continuing to move the series in the bad direction that DOW3 took it. DOW3 being a miserable failure might not have the desired result, but imo a disastrous failure is the only chance to get the message into their money-driven heads.

Marutectz wrote:It died within a year, A YEAR, and almost 90% of it's player-base dropped off during said year.

You're giving it too much credit, it actually lost more than 90% of it's initial players within a month iirc.
The great Cornholio
Level 2

Postby The great Cornholio » Fri 09 Feb, 2018 8:11 pm

Relic had every right to make whatever game they wanted to make. and we the comsumers had every right to avoid it like the plauge and thats what happend.Taking chances can sometimes be a good thing if you have a series that has become old and boring. but dawn of war was never in that state.
nobody wanted Relic to reinvent the wheel cause they already invented and pionered so many good ideas and concepts in their previous games. all they had to do was to built upon that and dawn3 could have been a great game. but they decided to trow all of it out and make a whole new game nobody asked for and the result was the worst "RTS" trash game since C&C 4 another game that gambled with the entire series and ultimately killed it.
again and again they said they wanted to combine the best from the 1 and the 2 game but they never did it.

So yeah.. i see alot of parallels to C&C 4 . it was a total disaster that fans never asked for and a company that dident listen to its fanbase.
people should only be sad if a good product fails. Dawn3 was never a good product and Relic knew that it was unsalvageable.

Also people dident piss on daw3 because it was different.. they pissed on it because it was just baaaad.

i dident like dawn2 when it was released and it was very diffrent indeed compared to the first game.. but i still thought it was a well made game with plenty of great ideas. good graphics, decent story, good animations. best voiceslines in the entire series and so on.
Dawn 3 had none of that. mediocre graphics at best. very bad annimations. cartoonish disney art style. no ladder. no obs. horrible voicelines, no respect for 40k lore.
lack of content. lack of maps. lack of support. only 3 races. the list goes on. and they wanted people to pay 60 dollars for somthing like that?.
i wonder how many people out of the 500.000 that bought it got a refund.
Rostam
Level 4

Postby Rostam » Fri 09 Feb, 2018 9:20 pm

egewithin wrote:Relic got what they deserve. It took 5 fuckıng god damm years for them to realise that HWT has no lasguns. For 5 fuckıng god damm years, they left IG defenceless, te race that was supposed to be focused on defence. And you guys were expecting them to save DoW III?

It just makes me sad that, the best rts in the world is dead, just because of a bunch of retards at top. I don't care about DoW III, or even DoW II at this point. Remember, they still haven't fixed the god damm sound bug for 7 years.

If only blizzard could get this project going instead of relic. but it wont happen cuz of u know.. history . or at least idk some better company
as it seems relic doesnt give a shit about their consumers/dowFranchise/OldCommunity they just got some money out of it,reminds me of GW
“Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself.” Leon Tolstoy
Rostam
Level 4

Postby Rostam » Fri 09 Feb, 2018 9:36 pm

Relic was not even sorry in this statement and let on the blame to the costumers for not liking the game. Relic doesnt give a crap about 40k,Dow Franchise,The Old Fans,Communites,Mods etc.
It pains me to admit this but That is exactly the opposite in the case of Blizzard; they care about all that stuff and they are so cautious about not ruining the franchise that they wait 10 years between two SC (Sc1 and Sc2)
Now I am a 40k fan and do not like WC and SC universe, but WC and SC series are damn good game and blizzard has done a great job . that is how relic should ve done it . sigh ... rip dow. one of the best RTS of the history is ruined cuz of the incompetence of a bunch of undeserving people at relic
Oddnerd
Level 4

Postby Oddnerd » Fri 09 Feb, 2018 10:12 pm

The RTS / MOBA hybrid launched in April 2017

I remember being laughed at for even insinuating that the game had MOBA influences.
Dullahan
Level 2

Postby Dullahan » Fri 09 Feb, 2018 10:40 pm

What exactly did your guys dislike about the gameplay so much?

Like if you could change three things, what would you change?
Arbit
Level 3

Postby Arbit » Fri 09 Feb, 2018 10:43 pm

Oddnerd wrote:I can't guarantee that DOW3 failing is the solution to our problem, but I think it has a greater chance of causing Relic to engage in course correction than us being supportive and giving them our money in the hopes of them doing better. I am pretty sure that if DOW3 had been a success there would be a 100% chance of Relic continuing to move the series in the bad direction that DOW3 took it. DOW3 being a miserable failure might not have the desired result, but imo a disastrous failure is the only chance to get the message into their money-driven heads.

Can you cite some instances where this has happened in the past i.e. a sequel goes in a direction the fans don't like, it doesn't sell well, and the developer makes an additional sequel after that that is well loved by the fans? In most instances that I can recall, the franchise gets shitcanned after the poor selling one unless it is part of a series with an extremely long history (like Final Fantasy I think, I'm not a fan but it's my understanding that the games are pretty uneven in quality). Genuinely curious here.

Also, I don't think anyone was suggesting that you should buy a game you don't like in the hopes that the make a better sequel one day, just that cheering the game's death is stupid because it likely means the franchise is dead. DoW 2 already sent the precedent for big reworks, somewhat different campaigns with each expansion, and weird gameplay-adjacent add-ons like TLS. That all had the potential of happening with DoW 3, so again: crowing about its death is dumb.

And finally, why would there be "be a 100% chance of Relic continuing to move the series in the bad direction that DOW3 took it"? Relic has built the game from the ground up with each iteration. Why would they suddenly become all conservative and rehash DoW 3 for DoW 4?
My 1v1 map - Imperial Plaza. Revisions are in progress so please check it out and give feedback!
Paranoid Kamikaze
Level 4

Postby Paranoid Kamikaze » Fri 09 Feb, 2018 10:44 pm

Rostam wrote:
egewithin wrote:Relic got what they deserve. It took 5 fuckıng god damm years for them to realise that HWT has no lasguns. For 5 fuckıng god damm years, they left IG defenceless, te race that was supposed to be focused on defence. And you guys were expecting them to save DoW III?

If only blizzard could get this project going instead of relic. but it wont happen cuz of u know.. history . or at least idk some better company
as it seems relic doesnt give a shit about their consumers/dowFranchise/OldCommunity they just got some money out of it,reminds me of GW

Games Workshop is giving the IP to tons of different companies. Relic doesn't have an exclusive. If Blizzard wanted to make a 40k game they could but they're not because they don't want to. All Relic has is the DoW series name.
Forestradio
Level 5

Postby Forestradio » Fri 09 Feb, 2018 10:47 pm

dawn of war 3 is fine just focus fire it

Arbit wrote:DoW 4?
hahahahahahaha
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Aguxyz
Level 3

Postby Aguxyz » Fri 09 Feb, 2018 10:49 pm

Dullahan wrote:What exactly did your guys dislike about the gameplay so much?

1)Everything
2)Everything
3)Everything
"Does the Seer see its own doom!?" -Tau commander
2torpid4u: You still haven't sucked my big pink nipples Agu :(
Paranoid Kamikaze
Level 4

Postby Paranoid Kamikaze » Fri 09 Feb, 2018 10:54 pm

Dullahan wrote:What exactly did your guys dislike about the gameplay so much?

1) More reactionary things as opposed to evading in advance
2) Health on turret/shield gen lowered in 3v3
3) Add in sounds on alert pings

Other than that there needs to be more races and units
Swift

Postby Swift » Sat 10 Feb, 2018 12:43 am

@Zev

I still don't see how they lied given that they didn't make any specific promises.

@Maru

You've missed the point again. I said twice I am not a fan of the game and I am certainly not defending Relic. I don't think defending Relic has anything to do with this tbh given that I'm talking about the community's reaction on this site. Yes, I get it, you're edgy and have to use caps unironically to express your disgust at Sega, it's not anything new to me. Woe is me, woe is me.

@Oddnerd

I guess Canadians are a little more level headed than their American cousins given that you actually responded to my whole argument, and I see your point, I just can't see too much hope for DoW IV with Sega at the wheel.

Return to “General Discussion”