Dawn of War 3 modding tools!

Imperator1
Level 2

Dawn of War 3 modding tools!

Postby Imperator1 » Thu 31 Aug, 2017 6:18 pm

Hello Elite modders and players!

This is good ol' Imperator, and I just heard Dawn of War 3 has gotten mod tools!

Is there anybody else interested ? I am always happy to hear the opinions and thoughts of superior modders and learn from your wisdom!
Atlas

Re: Dawn of War 3 modding tools!

Postby Atlas » Thu 31 Aug, 2017 10:52 pm

Myrdal and I took a decent look at the mod tools yesterday, and found them to be quite similar to what we are using now for Elite. Hopefully, we can use these tools to help shed some light on some aspects of DoWII. Relic was kind enough to add descriptions to many aspects of their code now, which has helped to clarify on some things.

As for modding DoWIII, it's actually fairrrly flexible. I only say fairly because it's not like it's been put through its paces, but an Elite-style mod is not outside the realm of possibility so far. There's nothing that I saw that makes me think it would be impossible to do some really cool things for DoWIII.
Gorbles
Level 3

Postby Gorbles » Fri 01 Sep, 2017 7:34 pm

If anybody figures out how to get renamed XML squad files in without causing a fatal SCaR exception (manifests as a BugSplat during game load), let me know. Official forums are the best way, I'm not exactly on here anymore.

If not solved, that's going to be the blocker on any mod that wants to introduce new units that aren't just Elite Units turned into regular units (already done this) and other race's units copied wholesale with no filename changes for organisation (already done this, too).
Imperator1
Level 2

Postby Imperator1 » Tue 05 Sep, 2017 7:00 pm

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... 1126290284

This mod put in elite units as regular units, I'll check it out.
Black Relic
Level 4

Postby Black Relic » Fri 15 Sep, 2017 8:02 pm

I looked into the mod tools and i couldn't figure out what was going on tbh even with the guide. Might need a better tutorial if one pops up.
"...With every strike of his sword, with every word of his speech, does he reaffirm the ideals of our honored master..." -From the Teachings of Roboute Guilliman as laid down in the Apocrypha of Skaros. Space Marines Codex pg. 54

Return to “General Discussion”