"The community" and DOW3

Aguxyz
Level 3

Re: "The community" and DOW3

Postby Aguxyz » Tue 06 Jun, 2017 1:35 am

oh boy getting called delusional kid is a insult now? dont cut yourself later, and why would you ignore arch videos almost everything he has stated that would of happen to dow3 has basically become true you're just blinded in the fact that this game died in less that 6 months if you enjoy playing this game and want to keep playing then thats on you but unless they do a REALLY BIG CHANGE down the line that "MIGHT" save it and bring back some of the player base back MAYBE even old players but the damage is already done and will hardly ever recover from this
"Does the Seer see its own doom!?" -Tau commander
2torpid4u: You still haven't sucked my big pink nipples Agu :(
Torpid

Postby Torpid » Tue 06 Jun, 2017 1:36 am

Paranoid Kamikaze wrote:
You called me a delusional kid. That's an insult. You're probably young and that's just how you talk. Don't ever link me to an Arch Warhammer video. I ignore everything from him by default as he's biased.

I think Agu may be trolling you on the basis of him linking -his- vids. I'm sure the forum knows how much you dislike him.

That said Kami, I myself have started ignoring everything you say on DOW3 because you are clearly biased xD
Lets make Ordo Malleus great again!
Paranoid Kamikaze
Level 4

Postby Paranoid Kamikaze » Tue 06 Jun, 2017 2:28 am

Torpid wrote:
Paranoid Kamikaze wrote:
You called me a delusional kid. That's an insult. You're probably young and that's just how you talk. Don't ever link me to an Arch Warhammer video. I ignore everything from him by default as he's biased.

I think Agu may be trolling you on the basis of him linking -his- vids. I'm sure the forum knows how much you dislike him.

That said Kami, I myself have started ignoring everything you say on DOW3 because you are clearly biased xD

Okay, I said I didn't recommend the game if you actually read my post. You must like the game a great deal if you consider myself biased and are ignoring everything I said :p

Aguxyz is just losing his mind that people with different opinions than himself exist in the world.
Aguxyz
Level 3

Postby Aguxyz » Tue 06 Jun, 2017 2:40 am

its pretty obvious you're biased to dow3 kami and how can you say im losing my mind that different people other than myself exist? i gave you a link to a arch but you said yourself you wont watch him causes his "biased" you're just being a hypocrite now
Paranoid Kamikaze
Level 4

Postby Paranoid Kamikaze » Tue 06 Jun, 2017 3:02 am

Aguxyz wrote:its pretty obvious you're biased to dow3 kami and how can you say im losing my mind that different people other than myself exist? i gave you a link to a arch but you said yourself you wont watch him causes his "biased" you're just being a hypocrite now

Okay, you secretly like the game. I get it. Don't have to argue endlessly saying it's bad so no one will notice.

Arch actually is biased. I am also not going to waste my time watching one of his videos as I know more about the game than he does. I am merely giving my opinion and saying both the positive and negative. You're losing your mind that I don't just shit on the game like you.
Aguxyz
Level 3

Postby Aguxyz » Tue 06 Jun, 2017 3:09 am

I shit on the game cause it is shit, name another RTS game that lost 90% of its player base in less than 2 months, and if you ACTUALLY took the time to watch his videos not everything he says about dow3 is bad, its just hardly anything good to say about it. I want to LIKE dow3 but as far as it goes there is nothing to like about it, its just simply not a DAWN OF WAR that involves hardly any strategy.
Paranoid Kamikaze
Level 4

Postby Paranoid Kamikaze » Tue 06 Jun, 2017 3:48 am

Aguxyz wrote:I shit on the game cause it is shit, name another RTS game that lost 90% of its player base in less than 2 months, and if you ACTUALLY took the time to watch his videos not everything he says about dow3 is bad, its just hardly anything good to say about it. I want to LIKE dow3 but as far as it goes there is nothing to like about it, its just simply not a DAWN OF WAR that involves hardly any strategy.

That's just your opinion. Don't force it on others.
Aguxyz
Level 3

Postby Aguxyz » Tue 06 Jun, 2017 4:34 am

ok i wont tell the other 90% people that left the game then Image
Psycho
Level 3

Postby Psycho » Tue 06 Jun, 2017 4:47 am

Grudge match when
Carnevour
Level 2

Postby Carnevour » Tue 06 Jun, 2017 4:52 am

Aguxyz wrote:I shit on the game cause it is shit, name another RTS game that lost 90% of its player base in less than 2 months, and if you ACTUALLY took the time to watch his videos not everything he says about dow3 is bad, its just hardly anything good to say about it. I want to LIKE dow3 but as far as it goes there is nothing to like about it, its just simply not a DAWN OF WAR that involves hardly any strategy.

Not an argument
Psycho
Level 3

Postby Psycho » Tue 06 Jun, 2017 4:53 am

I was wondering when you were gonna show up
Aguxyz
Level 3

Postby Aguxyz » Tue 06 Jun, 2017 4:55 am

Carnevour wrote:

Not an argument

"not an argument" is also not an argument
go back to your basement where you belong
Carnevour
Level 2

Postby Carnevour » Tue 06 Jun, 2017 4:58 am

Lmao DoW2 requires strategy being the most one dimensional rts ever made without any variety what so ever. The same strategy of pressing X to retreat and capping a point, some genius levels of gameplay. DoW2 player base died after the beta so it didnt even had a release it was still born. The only reason you dont like the game is that you are an autistic that cant into anything else than ez micro withing a slow paced game, im pretty sure even MOBA players are better than the delusional cubs that still think that DoW2 is an epitome of an RTS cuz we wuz tactical, strategical n shieet.
Carnevour
Level 2

Postby Carnevour » Tue 06 Jun, 2017 5:00 am

Aguxyz wrote:
Carnevour wrote:

Not an argument

Oh sunshine dont be so rude, you just need to argument your points better sweetie. Big boys need to learn how to talk honey.
Psycho
Level 3

Postby Psycho » Tue 06 Jun, 2017 5:03 am

Carnevour wrote:Lmao DoW2 requires strategy being the most one dimensional rts ever made without any variety what so ever. The same strategy of pressing X to retreat and capping a point, some genius levels of gameplay. DoW2 player base died after the beta so it didnt even had a release it was still born. The only reason you dont like the game is that you are an autistic that cant into anything else than ez micro withing a slow paced game, im pretty sure even MOBA players are better than the delusional cubs that still think that DoW2 is an epitome of an RTS cuz we wuz tactical, strategical n shieet.

Are you actually trying to get banned?
Carnevour
Level 2

Postby Carnevour » Tue 06 Jun, 2017 5:05 am

Psycho wrote:
Carnevour wrote:Lmao DoW2 requires strategy being the most one dimensional rts ever made without any variety what so ever. The same strategy of pressing X to retreat and capping a point, some genius levels of gameplay. DoW2 player base died after the beta so it didnt even had a release it was still born. The only reason you dont like the game is that you are an autistic that cant into anything else than ez micro withing a slow paced game, im pretty sure even MOBA players are better than the delusional cubs that still think that DoW2 is an epitome of an RTS cuz we wuz tactical, strategical n shieet.

Are you actually trying to get banned?

I guess people who are from the circle jerks in this echo chamber can have the right to be rude?
Forestradio
Level 5

Postby Forestradio » Tue 06 Jun, 2017 5:10 am

Anyone going to actually address the numbers of how many people are playing dawn of war 3, or shed some light on any future plans relic has for it?

http://steamcharts.com/app/285190

Shouting memes and insults back and forth does nothing to convince anyone, though I guess it's about the most entertaining thing to be done in the forum of a ded gaem...
Aguxyz
Level 3

Postby Aguxyz » Tue 06 Jun, 2017 5:12 am

Carnevour wrote:
Aguxyz wrote:
Carnevour wrote:Not an argument

Oh sunshine dont be so rude, you just need to argument your points better sweetie. Big boys need to learn how to talk honey.

More like you people who keep defending dow3 always keep complaining that when people who say the game is bad never have any reasons yet ive stated my reasons as to why i dont like dow3 and when i would like dow3. You also have have the tendency to not have a counter argument on why the game is good or why you think its better than its predecessors or have any kind of long time future. Steam charts have say it all with the major decline it has aswell
Paranoid Kamikaze
Level 4

Postby Paranoid Kamikaze » Tue 06 Jun, 2017 5:19 am

I'm, uh, done with this conversation. You guys continue on bitching at each other and arguing endlessly as the academics that you are. Going to play some DoW 3.
Carnevour
Level 2

Postby Carnevour » Tue 06 Jun, 2017 5:22 am

Aguxyz wrote:
Carnevour wrote:
Aguxyz wrote: "not an argument" is also not an argument

More like you people who keep defending dow3 always keep complaining that when people who say the game is bad never have any reasons yet ive stated my reasons as to why i dont like dow3 and when i would like dow3. You also have have the tendency to not have a counter argument on why the game is good or why you think its better than its predecessors or have any kind of long time future. Steam charts have say it all with the major decline it has aswell

Like your reasons of muh MOBA and not tactical enough :^) Shitheads make a smear campaign on youtube, steam and forums about how the bad game is and then surprised no one plays it. You should not stay in that californian sun too long sweetie all that fat in the brain makes you in-cohesive.
Psycho
Level 3

Postby Psycho » Tue 06 Jun, 2017 5:28 am

Carnevour wrote:Shitheads make a smear campaign on youtube, steam and forums about how the bad game is and then surprised no one plays it.

https://a.uguu.se/g8GgqcmrfVmS.webm
Carnevour
Level 2

Postby Carnevour » Tue 06 Jun, 2017 5:31 am

Psycho wrote:
Carnevour wrote:Shitheads make a smear campaign on youtube, steam and forums about how the bad game is and then surprised no one plays it.

https://a.uguu.se/g8GgqcmrfVmS.webm

http://i.4cdn.org/gif/1496717688552.webm
Aguxyz
Level 3

Postby Aguxyz » Tue 06 Jun, 2017 5:33 am

Carnevour wrote:
Aguxyz wrote:
Carnevour wrote:Oh sunshine dont be so rude, you just need to argument your points better sweetie. Big boys need to learn how to talk honey.

Like your reasons of muh MOBA and not tactical enough :^) Shitheads make a smear campaign on youtube, steam and forums about how the bad game is and then surprised no one plays it. You should not stay in that californian sun too long sweetie all that fat in the brain makes you in-cohesive.

http://steamcharts.com/app/285190#3m just look at the graph so far, not good not saying relic can't fix it or turn it around but based on the data...
i also said nothing about moba so idk what made you think that.
"smear campaign" doesn't explain why people aren't playing it
Nurland

Postby Nurland » Tue 06 Jun, 2017 9:31 am

Oh god... Why don't we just cut the personal insults like "shithead" and "autistic" etc and continue the discussion in a more constructive tone, mmmmkay?
#noobcodex
Nurland

"The community" and DOW3

Postby Nurland » Tue 06 Jun, 2017 9:38 am

My 2cents of the subject:
1. Not a fan of the game mode and Elite unit mechanics. Cover system, resources and so on.
2. Dislike visuals. This is a matter of taste and I could get over it if the game played well and was fun for me... if...
3. I hate it when developers release clearly unfinished games. This game was unfinished.
4. Single player feels meh at best (haven't finished the campaign yet so this is subject to change but I haven't heard much good from anyone regarding SP)
5. The game does reward good micro and positioning, well executed build orders etc.
6. It has balance issues but so has every new RTS.

All in all I do not recommend.
#noobcodex
Adeptus Noobus
Level 4

Postby Adeptus Noobus » Tue 06 Jun, 2017 12:06 pm

By the way, bikerush, supersasian and cataclaw have just said on stream, that DoW3 will die in 1-2 months if Relic does not release more content (more units, next faction, more maps, maybe overhaul campaign). If all 3 of them would leave DoW3, especially cataclaw, there will be only one streamer left with high viewership (badmanlarry). Let that sink in for a second.
Ace of Swords
Level 5

Postby Ace of Swords » Tue 06 Jun, 2017 1:31 pm

Paranoid Kamikaze wrote:

That's just your opinion. Don't force it on others.

It's not an opinion when you can objectively see it is not on par with even a 13 years old game, aka dow1, the game it even fails to merely imitate.

Oh by the way carnevour if you like dow3 so much, why you barely played it? Doesn't seem like it's an issue with your free time since you put 47 hours alone in EU

MaxPower
Contributor

Postby MaxPower » Tue 06 Jun, 2017 2:40 pm

Could we all stop with the bitching and moaning from both sides?

Is DoW 3 a good game? I'd say yes, it is good, it is fun to play albeit a bit shallow. Is it better than DoW 2? I'd say no, because DoW 2 was more of an RTT than an RTS and I never really liked basebuilding (in RTS) to begin with.

Is DoW 3 barebones, totally, Relic need to release more content in form of new maps and new game modes (VP, Last Stand, FFA) and balance the game to keep DoW 3 alive. As it stands DoW 3 doesn't provide enough content for the asking price of 60 USD nor is it pefectly balanced (but which RTS game could claim that?).

Reasons why you might not like DoW 3:

- shallow base building
- Elites that are too strong
- doctrines that make certain unit combinations too strong
- the game mode (Power Core that is)
- lack of content (more maps, game modes, etc)
- a rather lack luster campaign
. the Artstyle (which is subjective, so not really sure if that counts or not)

Reasons why you might like DoW 3:

- new game to player after thousands of hours of DoW 2
- more active players (yeah, yeah DoW 3 lost 90% of it's player base in the first week, but ulitmately it's still more active then DoW 2 or the Elite mod)
. the Artstyle (which is subjective, so not really sure if that counts or not)
- the return of base building (if you don't mind a somewhat limited take on base building)
- the Elite and Doctrine system with lots and lots of possible configurations to play around with
- a modern take on RTS meets Moba (the game mode that is)
- bigger armies (and spamming of certain units :P )

Conclusion:

Different strokes for different folks. If you don''t like the game it's okay voice your opinion and be done with it (or have a constructive conversation). If you like the game voice your opinion as to why and play the game, no need for name calling and insults over a petty videogame.
"A fortress is built with blood and toil. Only by blood and toil may it be taken." Leman Russ
Adeptus Noobus
Level 4

Postby Adeptus Noobus » Tue 06 Jun, 2017 3:43 pm

MaxPower wrote:Could we all stop with the bitching and moaning from both sides?

Is DoW 3 a good game? I'd say yes, it is good, it is fun to play albeit a bit shallow. Is it better than DoW 2? I'd say no, because DoW 2 was more of an RTT than an RTS and I never really liked basebuilding (in RTS) to begin with.

Is DoW 3 barebones, totally, Relic need to release more content in form of new maps and new game modes (VP, Last Stand, FFA) and balance the game to keep DoW 3 alive. As it stands DoW 3 doesn't provide enough content for the asking price of 60 USD nor is it pefectly balanced (but which RTS game could claim that?).

Well, having played the game for quite a while and watching a lot of the high-skill streamers (cataclaw, bikerush, etc) I would very much oppose your notion of this game being any fun.

Is it a good game? Well that is already a very difficult question because everybody is applying a different set of standards to measure it by. What we can do however is judge the game by what Relic wants it to be. They are falling short in that regard. It is centuries away from becoming a eSports game e.g. or being more immersive than its predecessors (or being immersive at all).

The game is indeed very repetitive and becomes boring very fast because it does not allow for varied builds or strategies at all if you want to win. If you watch the streamers I mentioned you notice that they have VERY LITTLE deviations in their builds unless they are specifically saying that they are testing a new build which they will immediately regret most of the times. The Meta is just that rigid.

You are actually being spot on in regards to the game being barebones only. Nothing more needs to be said about that aprt from aformentioned streamers predicting DoW3s death if Relic does not deliver within the next 1-2 months. Considering they are the most famous streamers for this game and Relics only publicity machinery as far as I can tell, them leaving this game behind would be a devastating blow.

- shallow base building Funny you mention this because this is actually one of the few strategic elements in this game ^^
- Elites that are too strong Rather: This game being way to focused on Elites, they should not have that much of an impact tbh
- a rather lack luster campaign Rather: extended tutorial
. the Artstyle (which is subjective, so not really sure if that counts or not) while you are right, this was one of the main offenders for many because it also touches subjects such as immersion, which this game lacks very much
- a modern take on RTS meets Moba (the game mode that is) because they wanted the game to be both things at the same time, they have failed for the game to be good in either category
- the Elite and Doctrine system with lots and lots of possible configurations to play around with this is actually a great addition in my oppinion
- bigger armies (and spamming of certain units :P ) which is stupid that it can/did actually work

The fact that the games playerbase has been reduced to 1% of all the people owning this game is speaking for itself. It has absolutely nothing to do with hate-campaigns or anything like that (to even imply this is just ludicrous). People were presented with a preview on what they could expect from the game and they said "this is not what we want at all, Relic" in all the colorful ways that you can say it. It was however valid criticism because in the end the game is only going to succeed if you hit the majorities sweet spot, which it did not. Relic should have taken the negativity serious and reacted to it but they did the exact opposite: they completely ignored it and just went on their merry ways. Surprise surprise the game failed to knock people off their chairs and even now Relic does not react to the communities' criticism.

The recent "big patch" was supposed to fix a lot of the things that were wrong with the game but they also failed to do that. Yes, they fixed a lot of the balance issues, yes they included a ladder. But let us take a look at what Relic did when they balanced the game: they apparently read all the complaints and thought of a way to incorporate all of it into the patch which is just plain stupid. SM is now the imba race and Orks have taken 2nd place while Eldar has been nerfed to the ground to satisfy all the casual players. Again, this is not only me saying this, high-skill players completely agree with this as well.
The ladder is a nice thing to inspire more people to play this game not only casually but in a more competitive fashion, which DoW3 desperately needs to become more successful. But again, for a game that is being released in 2017 this ladder just looks very very barebones. The feeling of it having been programmed quick 'n' dirty to include it into the patch is always there. The overall feeling of the entire game having been put together quick 'n' dirty just never leaves me wherever I click.

I really really wanted this game to be something great but at the moment it simply isn't. Most of the lobbies are vs AI (fucking really?). When I say most I mean 2 of 5 lobbies. Yes, 5 shabby fucking lobbies for a game that is barely a month old. At any given moment there are supposed to be around 1.5k - 2.5k players online. Where are all these people? Relic needs to answer a lot of questions but as always are nowhere to be seen or heard.

GJ, GG NO RE.
Oddnerd
Level 4

Postby Oddnerd » Tue 06 Jun, 2017 4:02 pm

Apparently DOW3 is shallow and bare bones because they blew most of the budget on internet shills.

Return to “General Discussion”