"The community" and DOW3

Paranoid Kamikaze
Level 4

Re: "The community" and DOW3

Postby Paranoid Kamikaze » Tue 04 Jul, 2017 5:37 am

Major Richard Sharpe wrote:To be entirely honest, the main reason for me not having any interest in DOW3; ignoring problems like graphics, gameplay, animations, voice acting, etc. Is the massive arse price tag. Just no... Im not paying 100 dollars for it. Also, the community is one of the worst ive ever seen. One dissenting opinion and you get wrecked by the fans jumping on you. If i wanted to get gangbanged by fans who can't tolerate dissent ill rather play no man sky, or mass effect 3, or xcom 2 or stellaris. Heck, there is a rumour going around that Dawn of War 3 had its very own "White Knight" group that was created by fans solely to attack those who didn't like the game! what is this, 1937?

The community isn't bad at all. Do you mean on the forums? Try to avoid the negative people you see on there. They add nothing and if you take the time to prove them wrong on something they'll just try to find some way to argue endlessly to protect their pride as an asshole.

If you're talking about in-game, 1v1 is obviously not a problem :p Are team games bad? I don't know as I don't play them. The thing about RTS games is that most people are constantly microing as opposed to having lots of doing nothing time which they can use to bitch at you like in Overwatch.

The games on sale now at Steam. Pricing is based on region so not sure how much it would cost for you in... North Korea.
Impregnable
Level 4

Postby Impregnable » Tue 04 Jul, 2017 5:54 am

I hate DOW 3 simply because it is not up to my taste. But do I have to argue about it with some who likes it then I would say no. It is a simple thing. You play it if you like it. You don't play it if you don't like it. Arguing over it here won't change each other's opinion. People who reside here loved DOW2 so much that they went to big trouble in making a mod to a game that company only keeps server and never patches anymore. It is just natural that people who play elite mod lean towards not liking DOW2. In DOW3 forum, it is opposite that is all.

Give it time and see. If they manage to make a loyal hardcore player base, it will survive like DOW2 with mods but not super popular. If they manage to bring it up to COH2 standard, it will be a huge success. If they absolutely fail, it is over like in C&C4. Only time will tell.
"Excalibur!"
"Excalibur!"
"From the United Kingdom!"
"I'm looking for heaven!"
"I'm going to California!"
"Excalibur!"
"Excalibur!"
Gorbles
Level 3

Postby Gorbles » Tue 04 Jul, 2017 10:28 am

Major Richard Sharpe wrote:To be entirely honest, the main reason for me not having any interest in DOW3; ignoring problems like graphics, gameplay, animations, voice acting, etc. Is the massive arse price tag. Just no... Im not paying 100 dollars for it. Also, the community is one of the worst ive ever seen. One dissenting opinion and you get wrecked by the fans jumping on you. If i wanted to get gangbanged by fans who can't tolerate dissent ill rather play no man sky, or mass effect 3, or xcom 2 or stellaris. Heck, there is a rumour going around that Dawn of War 3 had its very own "White Knight" group that was created by fans solely to attack those who didn't like the game! what is this, 1937?

This seems like a reliable and trustworthy rumour. Combined with a Godwin to boot :)
Impregnable
Level 4

Postby Impregnable » Tue 04 Jul, 2017 11:01 am

Gorbles wrote:

This seems like a reliable and trustworthy rumour. Combined with a Godwin to boot :)

It is a matter of taste. People got to admit that. There is no wrongs or rights in ethical sense. When it is a matter of taste, arguments are pointless. You simply cannot make someone who like an apple and don't like an orange to change his preference by argument. Unless he or she is hurting other people in some physical sense by that preference of liking and not liking, there is no reason to argue over it either.
"Excalibur!"
"Excalibur!"
"From the United Kingdom!"
"I'm looking for heaven!"
"I'm going to California!"
"Excalibur!"
"Excalibur!"
Gorbles
Level 3

Postby Gorbles » Tue 04 Jul, 2017 11:49 am

Just a bit tired of the complaints about "white knights", there are groups of people all over the Steam forums for example, and they all have their own opinions and mindsets. There are a ton of people who don't even own the game but routinely comment on every "should I get this game" thread to say "no".

People defending the game are a natural reaction to stuff like this. Which then of course makes the honest critics feel uncomfortable about posting their opinions. And so on, and so forth.

You're absolutely right though, it is a matter of taste. I just wish a lot more people were okay with that!
kataklysmkx
Level 0

Postby kataklysmkx » Thu 06 Jul, 2017 9:20 pm

lmao check out this Picasso someone made.

boss
Level 3

Postby boss » Thu 06 Jul, 2017 9:25 pm

Well I guess this must be true, people really are shiteing on dow3 haha
Forums great more stuff to talk about.
Lichtbringer
Level 3

Postby Lichtbringer » Thu 31 Aug, 2017 11:51 am

Adeptus Noobus wrote:Next up is the lack of content and room for creativity.

I really wanted to like DoW3, but that basically sums it up for me.
In DoW2, even when not playing, I sometimes think about a cool strategy. I think about how I could utelize a piece of wargear. I look at the Rangers Powersword and try to bash power with it (which is suprisingly effective :D).

In DoW3, I blank. When reading unit stats and abilitys nothing forms in my head, the gears do not start turning.

After the game was released, you could say I hated on it. But even then, and now it just bores me. I don't hate it anymore for what it could have been, but what we have is just boring to me.
RTS_Cult
Level 0

Postby RTS_Cult » Thu 31 Aug, 2017 6:54 pm

kataklysmkx wrote:lmao check out this Picasso someone made.

That`s so funny!
Even tho I like dow3, I prefer dow2 style more.
In dow3 specially in this August patch it involves a lot of camping. Dow2 is a lot more dynamic and has a better strategy diversity.

Return to “General Discussion”