Steam Reviews are less than stellar

UlyssesASL
Level 0

Re: Steam Reviews are less than stellar

Postby UlyssesASL » Mon 08 May, 2017 8:38 pm

Cheekie Monkie wrote:Also you have terminators and even BUILDINGS hiding in long grass. I've yet to verify but I think they also hide imperial knights.

Creeeeeeeed!
Barrogh
Level 3

Postby Barrogh » Tue 16 May, 2017 10:06 am

Cheekie Monkie wrote:Also you have terminators and even BUILDINGS hiding in long grass. I've yet to verify but I think they also hide imperial knights.

To be fair, this is 40k we are talking about, the very universe that gave us scout titans and incorporated a ton of over-the-top things just for the sake of it. Really long grass could be one of them :P

It's funny, sometimes I feel like existing 40k vidiya actually dials down on those things to make games more presentable.
When in mortal danger, when beset by doubt
Run in little circles, wave your hands and shout
Torpid

Postby Torpid » Tue 16 May, 2017 11:37 am

Barrogh wrote:

To be fair, this is 40k we are talking about, the very universe that gave us scout titans and incorporated a ton of over-the-top things just for the sake of it. Really long grass could be one of them :P

It's funny, sometimes I feel like existing 40k vidiya actually dials down on those things to make games more presentable.

Well of course the video gmaes do dumb down such things. There are death worlds!!! Imagine a game based on a death world. Make a great FPS for sure. Some Vanquished shit right there.

But... That's not what is happening here. Random 20ft tall lumps of grass grown in a neat square in the centre of a metropolis-like-terrain. Interesting.
Lets make Ordo Malleus great again!
Dark Riku
Level 5

Postby Dark Riku » Tue 16 May, 2017 6:14 pm

You guys. That's not grass. It's warp cloaking energy or something.
Grass would be stupid... Right?
Shroom
Level 2

Postby Shroom » Tue 16 May, 2017 6:27 pm

Dark Riku wrote:Grass would be stupid... Right?
There are lots of things that are stupid about this game (especially when considering the lore.) Giant grass that somehow cloaks you from space marine thermal vision or psychic detection or whatever are just one of those things.
GuruSkippy
Level 2

Postby GuruSkippy » Wed 17 May, 2017 12:33 pm

Shroom wrote:
Dark Riku wrote:Grass would be stupid... Right?
There are lots of things that are stupid about this game (especially when considering the lore.) Giant grass that somehow cloaks you from space marine thermal vision or psychic detection or whatever are just one of those things.

yeah, like 3 space marines in tactical squad. such heresy
boss
Level 3

Postby boss » Wed 17 May, 2017 1:26 pm

least 3 dow2 marines can kill boys with out much of a problem in dow3 15 cant even kill 1 unit easily facepalm
Forums great more stuff to talk about.
GuruSkippy
Level 2

Postby GuruSkippy » Wed 17 May, 2017 3:27 pm

I don't even know why I'm trying

silly me
boss
Level 3

Postby boss » Wed 17 May, 2017 4:04 pm

GuruSkippy wrote:...

I don't even know why I'm trying

silly me

You cant make a shit game good simply it why it ded already
GuruSkippy
Level 2

Postby GuruSkippy » Wed 17 May, 2017 4:55 pm

I don't mind people not liking DOW3.
But "considering the lore" arguments are weird. Especially if they are coming from a DOW2 fan.
boss
Level 3

Postby boss » Wed 17 May, 2017 5:16 pm

I don't like dow3 cos it made by relic their shit at making game they don't balance or fix them it like what now 3 years and still they wont fix sound bug if they were any good they would come back and fix this stupid bug they made
Barrogh
Level 3

Postby Barrogh » Thu 18 May, 2017 9:27 am

Shroom wrote:space marine thermal vision

To be fair, things like this only come up as a very brief mention in codices and... that's it. Even on tabletop the only marines with commonly available "acute senses" were ones who actually ditch helmets for the most part, which (I think) were mentioned as gear pieces hosting both extra sensors and output interfaces, although I'm not sure on these ones.

That said, common sense isn't that common in sci-fi overall, super scarce in 40k (by design, no less) and then there's the fact that the latter actively ignores its own lore time and time again, so it's "who cares" at this point.

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for more sensible instalments based on 40k lore, but when it comes to gameplay reasons, I'd take them over attempts to tie in controversial lore pieces or communicate someone else's vision of the universe. I definitely wouldn't criticise a competitive games based on that.

I mean, just a few days ago yet another DCU-based game where regular people toss folks like Superman around came out and I don't see anyone complaining about that. Everyone seems to be focusing of gameplay issues instead, real or perceived. I mean, are we bigger nerds than DC fans or something? :D
When in mortal danger, when beset by doubt
Run in little circles, wave your hands and shout
Broodwich
Level 4

Postby Broodwich » Thu 18 May, 2017 2:13 pm

Yes
Fas est ab hoste doceri
Mindmaker
Level 0

Postby Mindmaker » Thu 18 May, 2017 9:35 pm

So did the Elite Mod veterans switch to DoW3? Honestly the game doesn't look that interesting to me, but if this community plays it and if they organize games in the TS so you can play together I might still consider getting it.
Adeptus Noobus
Level 4

Postby Adeptus Noobus » Tue 23 May, 2017 12:02 pm

Don't do it now. Wait for the balance patch at the end of the month to be released. If they have made a real effort to adress the majority of the issues, you can consider getting it. If Relic does not live up to the promise of a "big patch", you should stay away from the game for now. The game desperately needs more content (maps, game modes, features like proper replays and observer mode for starters).

Return to “General Discussion”