DoW 3 questions

Paranoid Kamikaze
Level 4

DoW 3 questions

Postby Paranoid Kamikaze » Tue 21 Mar, 2017 11:22 pm

I decided to compile a list of questions regarding the game and tried to answer them as best as I can. Beats having to repeat myself answering the same questions over and over again :p

https://www.gamereplays.org/dawnofwar3/ ... _id=994480
egewithin
Level 5

Re: DoW 3 questions

Postby egewithin » Wed 22 Mar, 2017 12:52 pm

Is Gabriel Angelos jumping in terminator armour?

Yup. It's a gameplay issue where they want to make his animation very visible so you can react to it.

Yeah, because it was too hard to make a warning circle around him to warn players (eg: kommando nob kaboom), back flipping Terminator animation is an easyer solution.
KanKrusha
Level 3

Postby KanKrusha » Wed 22 Mar, 2017 5:46 pm

Thanks Paranoid, good summary. Regards modding I would expect we would see something more like COH2 than DOW1 and DOW2, in that COH2 was their most recent game.
Paranoid Kamikaze
Level 4

Postby Paranoid Kamikaze » Wed 22 Mar, 2017 7:00 pm

egewithin wrote:
Is Gabriel Angelos jumping in terminator armour?

Yup. It's a gameplay issue where they want to make his animation very visible so you can react to it.

Yeah, because it was too hard to make a warning circle around him to warn players (eg: kommando nob kaboom), back flipping Terminator animation is an easyer solution.

It needs to be visible, show direction, and give time to react. A warning circle doesn't do that and symbols on the ground in DoW 3 are hard to see due to the increased amount of units. Circles made sense in DoW 2, but not DoW 3.
Gorbles
Level 3

Postby Gorbles » Thu 23 Mar, 2017 5:03 pm

And even then, circular auras (when stacked) drew criticism in DoW II from time to time.
Nurland

DoW 3 questions

Postby Nurland » Thu 23 Mar, 2017 8:14 pm

DoW 2 vanilla had some issues with the circular auras. Elite team has done a great job of refining that so the auras are more distinguishable and don't clutter the field too much

Anyhow. Thanks for the summary. I found it very helpful... Though I still do think that somersaulting terminator is just lazy design.
#noobcodex
Toilailee
Champion

Postby Toilailee » Thu 30 Mar, 2017 3:29 pm

Anyone remember when use yer choppas was only displayed by very easy to miss yellow circles around the units feet, and then the effect was changed so that it lights up the unit like a christmas tree? Nothing was actually changed balance wise but ork players bitched that it was a huge nerf.
Swift I: You're not a nerd, you're just a very gifted social spastic
Dark Riku
Level 5

Postby Dark Riku » Thu 30 Mar, 2017 4:10 pm

Yeah, cuz god forbid your opponent can actually see what's up instead of hiding it under a waagh. :)
Gay old days :)

Return to “General Discussion”