DOW III Space Marine faction page is up

appiah4
Level 3

DOW III Space Marine faction page is up

Postby appiah4 » Wed 15 Jun, 2016 10:02 am

Space Marine page is up: https://www.dawnofwar.com/spacemarines

Reaaaaally looks and sounds more and more like a Herohammer/MOBA game the more they reveal. Even the presentation of the reveal is telling.
ALWAYS ANGRY!! ALL THE TIME!!
Ace of Swords
Level 5

Re: DOW III Space Marine faction page is up

Postby Ace of Swords » Wed 15 Jun, 2016 2:01 pm

Space marines already confirmed underpowered PogChamp
Caeltos

Postby Caeltos » Wed 15 Jun, 2016 8:47 pm

QWHQHWOQHWOIHQOIHQWHQÅPHQKWPOH

WTF IS HEROHAMMER

HOW IS IT A MOBA, DO YOU EVEN KNOW WHAT A MOBA IS?!

JESUS - this is triggering me so hard.
Cyris
Level 4

Postby Cyris » Wed 15 Jun, 2016 8:55 pm

As far as I can tell, MOBA means:

Clear targeting for skills.
Clear FX for skills.
Larger then life hero units.
Anything that bugs me.
Carnevour
Level 2

Postby Carnevour » Wed 15 Jun, 2016 8:56 pm

Caeltos wrote:QWHQHWOQHWOIHQOIHQWHQÅPHQKWPOH

WTF IS HEROHAMMER

Dont bother Caeltos. Its pointless to explain or discuss. Needless triggering only damages your health, thats why i am reluctant to post on this forum in regards to dow3.
egewithin
Level 5

Postby egewithin » Wed 15 Jun, 2016 9:10 pm

Angelos sounds like a lame RTS commander. Only makes his voice serious.

My biggest sadness is

Alfa Legion may not find a material to use this time... :(
Atlas

Postby Atlas » Wed 15 Jun, 2016 10:59 pm

Cyris wrote:As far as I can tell, MOBA means:

Clear targeting for skills.
Clear FX for skills.
Larger then life hero units.
Anything that bugs me.

Yeah man screw those MOBAs then. I sure don't want those things.
Oddnerd
Level 4

Postby Oddnerd » Thu 16 Jun, 2016 12:24 am

Herohammer (as I know it) is a reference to the days of WHFB when it was a balance nightmare focused on souped up hero units and fodder infantry. Seems like a good term to use, since standard infantry are becoming more like fodder, while heroes and Lords of War are becoming bigger and stronger.

Look at that hammer spin Angelos does. And him jumping up in the air and smashing the ground, wrecking everything in sight. Ugghhhh.
Carnevour
Level 2

Postby Carnevour » Thu 16 Jun, 2016 12:54 am

Oddnerd wrote:Herohammer (as I know it) is a reference to the days of WHFB when it was a balance nightmare focused on souped up hero units and fodder infantry. Seems like a good term to use, since standard infantry are becoming more like fodder, while heroes and Lords of War are becoming bigger and stronger.

Look at that hammer spin Angelos does. And him jumping up in the air and smashing the ground, wrecking everything in sight. Ugghhhh.

Definitely not a scripted footage of showing off and hyping up people about the incoming game and the main protagonist of the campaign. Everything you saw is going to be like that I multiplayer imo.
appiah4
Level 3

Postby appiah4 » Thu 16 Jun, 2016 6:54 am

WTF IS HEROHAMMER

Obviously it's not a MOBA but it has a lot of things, too many things for my liking, borrowed from MOBAs in terms of gameplay and presentation. You are welcome to throw pointless fits of course.
Carnevour
Level 2

Postby Carnevour » Thu 16 Jun, 2016 7:05 am

appiah4 wrote:

WTF IS HEROHAMMER

Obviously it's not a MOBA but it has a lot of things, too many things for my liking, borrowed from MOBAs in terms of gameplay and presentation. You are welcome to throw pointless fits of course.

Alright please clarify what are these moba gameplay mechanics and presentations that are borrowed I've 5k hours in dota 2 and play at a 5.5k mme bracket so I know the mechanics of dota inside out. Please enlighten me what features they took from a moba game specifically?
appiah4
Level 3

Postby appiah4 » Thu 16 Jun, 2016 7:58 am

Carnevour wrote:
appiah4 wrote:

WTF IS HEROHAMMER

Alright please clarify what are these moba gameplay mechanics and presentations that are borrowed I've 5k hours in dota 2 and play at a 5.5k mme bracket so I know the mechanics of dota inside out. Please enlighten me what features they took from a moba game specifically?

• Oversized heroes
  • MOBA style (or at least the more familiar and popular MOBA style) cartoony/plain visual presentation
  • MOBA style in your face and over the top action/ability effects
  • Flashy, unrealistic, fantastic hero animations
  • Herohammer. Your hero is the center of attention and most certainly your main damage output
  • Combat that appears largely centered around hero abilities
  • Fluff breaking hero mobility, because, you know, it's about your hero and everybody wants heroes that are everywhere crushing everything (MOBA mentality)
  • Regressed cover system instead of a refined cover system, a move that eliminates a certain micromanagement in favor of simple MOBA-style combat
  • What appears to be basically a select all - move order thing for your line units (granted you don't even need to do that in MOBAs)

Off the top of my head and in my personal opinion based on my personal observations.

And no, it's not a fucking MOBA, I fucking know that. Stop telling me that. I'm just saying it's a watered down RTS that is trying to cater to the MOBA crowd too much for my liking, attention or money. I would much rather play 8-bit armies than this.
Carnevour
Level 2

Postby Carnevour » Thu 16 Jun, 2016 8:43 am

appiah4 wrote:
Carnevour wrote:
appiah4 wrote:

• Oversized heroes
  • MOBA style (or at least the more familiar and popular MOBA style) cartoony/plain visual presentation
  • MOBA style in your face and over the top action/ability effects
  • Flashy, unrealistic, fantastic hero animations
  • Herohammer. Your hero is the center of attention and most certainly your main damage output
  • Combat that appears largely centered around hero abilities
  • Fluff breaking hero mobility, because, you know, it's about your hero and everybody wants heroes that are everywhere crushing everything (MOBA mentality)
  • Regressed cover system instead of a refined cover system, a move that eliminates a certain micromanagement in favor of simple MOBA-style combat
  • What appears to be basically a select all - move order thing for your line units (granted you don't even need to do that in MOBAs)

Off the top of my head and in my personal opinion based on my personal observations.

And no, it's not a fucking MOBA, I fucking know that. Stop telling me that. I'm just saying it's a watered down RTS that is trying to cater to the MOBA crowd too much for my liking, attention or money. I would much rather play 8-bit armies than this.

1) Didnt know WC3 had a moba art style when it first came out although those graphics looked cartoony. TF2 also probably stole the moba style when it went for stylised graphics and looks. So this is already a void argument since the ''cartoony'' and clean (not plain) visuals predate mobas in general.
2) I guess DoW2 didnt have a gritty dark feel of units while having flashy style of its abilities and actions but from a different colour pallet.
3) Hmm realism in WH40k. Also point 3 is pretty much in colleration to point 2 so you splitting them up doesnt make much sense. See point 2 of my answer.
4) WC3 a game before dota or lol had a focus on heroes and their synergy with its army. DoW2 has less of it I admit. But that still begs the question of how does it relate to MOBAs where you usually have 1 hero with preset skill set and no overall interaction with units under your direct control as in creeps/minions charging lanes every 30 seconds.
5) A pre alpha trailer which was heavily scripted (relic said it was) is a really good source of how heroes are going to act in the multiplayer. When you start to bring in fluff as an argument it just shows that you have nothing to say rather that you dislike the design choice without giving an open reason for said negativity.
6) You mean an actual cover system that fucntions how it supposed to do without constantly ruining pathing and not working half of the time? Also how does cover has to do with it being a MOBA inspired game is beyond me since i wanted you to point out what gameplay mechanics it takes from mobas. A certain micromanagement of pointing your guys into a bubble that provides cover instead of pointing your guys into a pile of rubble? I guess that really takes a lot of micro to accomplish.
How is it a MOBA style combat where you have multiple units in your army with abilities, a hero with abilities and a macro management element with base building being back? Also it being much more fast paced than the sluggish sticky movements of DoW2 units. Didnt know MOBAs had all those features i would really like to play the said MOBAs you've seen they sound fun.
7) Again your point pretty much is copied from point 6 which i answered.
Atm i dont see where did Relic import the MOBA gameplay mechnanics to DoW3. If you would said they took a lot of inspiration from WC3 i would agree and that is not a bad thing considering blizzard do the same from the very start.
appiah4
Level 3

Postby appiah4 » Thu 16 Jun, 2016 8:52 am

I've already stated before that this feels like Warcraft 3 in various threads, however you can't address that similarity without acknowledging that MOBAs were born out of Warcraft 3 in the first place. They took Warcraft 3's ideas and took it one step further, basically by completely eliminating management of line troops. The fact that you concede it's similar in style and execution to Warcraft 3 basically proves my point about the game taking large strides towards MOBA elements. And with that I'm just done.
Carnevour
Level 2

Postby Carnevour » Thu 16 Jun, 2016 9:05 am

appiah4 wrote:I've already stated before that this feels like Warcraft 3 in various threads, however you can't address that similarity without acknowledging that MOBAs were born out of Warcraft 3 in the first place. They took Warcraft 3's ideas and took it one step further, basically by completely eliminating management of line troops. The fact that you concede it's similar in style and execution to Warcraft 3 basically proves my point about the game taking large strides towards MOBA elements. And with that I'm just done.

You still fail to provide arguments to your first point of accusing relic of bringing in MOBA gameplay mechanics into the game. And no WC3 isnt a MOBA. It was and still is a RTS with its own mechanics and gameplay. MOBAs have nothing to do with WC3 multiplayer by taking its core gameplay mechanics and taking them further, it took game assets from WC3 and created a new game. It doesn't prove your point. It proves that you have nothing valid to say except for venting frustration on a forum throwing hollow accusations and terms you have no knowledge about, which will get called out.
Swift

Postby Swift » Thu 16 Jun, 2016 6:23 pm

Carnevour, I understand you are facing a lot of opposition, but please lose the vitriol. I imagine in your position it's frustrating, but more fire won't douse the flames.
The internal battery has run dry, the game can now be played. However, clock based events will no longer occur.
Imperator1
Level 2

Postby Imperator1 » Wed 13 Jul, 2016 5:31 pm

ASM make rainbows as they jump. RAINBOWS IN 40k? This is not Twilight Online!

Lascannons are now always up drilling beams. WTF?

Terminator being fast is not lore break, but these two are!

Return to “General Discussion”