First ingame video (it's in German though)

Galrauch
Level 0

Re: First ingame video (it's in German though)

Postby Galrauch » Mon 13 Jun, 2016 8:15 pm

I am just waiting for the campaign to be a lovestory between Eldar and SM...
Deuce Bigalow
Level 2

Postby Deuce Bigalow » Mon 13 Jun, 2016 8:31 pm

At least they buffed orbital bombardment.
Carnevour
Level 2

Postby Carnevour » Mon 13 Jun, 2016 8:33 pm

Actually really liked everything about the gameplay trailer its us really clean and was easy to read. The graphics wont age with the current art style and still look quite impressive esp the animations. Gabe jumping around makes me lol a bit but can let it slide. Abilities shown are op just for the trailer imo. All in all I am really looking forward to this. Can finally be the competitive game everyone wanted.

P.s majority here are up their own asses. Typical of people to bitch and moan not knowing what they actually want and if you ask them what they want they will spew shit.
Zevargel
Level 2

Postby Zevargel » Mon 13 Jun, 2016 9:04 pm

Carnevour wrote:Actually really liked everything about the gameplay trailer its us really clean and was easy to read. The graphics wont age with the current art style and still look quite impressive esp the animations. Gabe jumping around makes me lol a bit but can let it slide. Abilities shown are op just for the trailer imo. All in all I am really looking forward to this. Can finally be the competitive game everyone wanted.

P.s majority here are up their own asses. Typical of people to bitch and moan not knowing what they actually want and if you ask them what they want they will spew shit.

+ man. Game looks awesome even in pre alfa.
DandyFrontline
Level 3

Postby DandyFrontline » Mon 13 Jun, 2016 9:26 pm

Deuce Bigalow wrote:At least they buffed orbital bombardment.

Hell yea, man. Now it defiantly worth to buy it :lol:
DandyFrontline
Level 3

Postby DandyFrontline » Mon 13 Jun, 2016 9:36 pm

catch the gp trailer
KanKrusha
Level 3

Postby KanKrusha » Mon 13 Jun, 2016 9:42 pm

My main impression is overall I like but there are too many effects, especially for orbital drops and on landing jumps. I have some faith this will be toned down before or just after release as was the excess glow on starships in the game Stellaris.

Gameplay seems to be based on DOW2 except for cover. I am missing the terrain cover as strategy seems fairly reduced to advance, tank damage and shoot. Tactics are only picking targets and firing abilities. Tactical advantage play will be solely range based rather than cover based. A whole dimension seems to have been lost.

There are deployable cover and drop pods. These may be a tactical replacement. Drop pods look like they are shot blockers so here is hoping that terrain and deployables keep flanking and interesting strategy in the game.
Last edited by KanKrusha on Mon 13 Jun, 2016 9:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Swift

Postby Swift » Mon 13 Jun, 2016 9:43 pm

The internal battery has run dry, the game can now be played. However, clock based events will no longer occur.
Psycho
Level 3

Postby Psycho » Mon 13 Jun, 2016 9:47 pm

DandyFrontline wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LdxiACB6AWQ - catch the gp trailer

Is it my computer being too shit to play a video at 720p60 or is there ungodly fps drops?

Also gotta love those termies at 1:23 running around like they inhaled warp dust
DandyFrontline
Level 3

Postby DandyFrontline » Mon 13 Jun, 2016 9:51 pm

Sorcerer wrote:
DandyFrontline wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LdxiACB6AWQ - catch the gp trailer

Is it my computer being too shit to play a video at 720p60 or is there ungodly fps drops?

Also gotta love those termies at 1:23 running around like they inhaled warp dust

They just showed us how optimized will be DoW3. Just divide FPS relic got by 2
appiah4
Level 3

Postby appiah4 » Mon 13 Jun, 2016 10:05 pm

I don't like what I see.

It feels like a mess. It has the unit count of the first game but not the huge armies clashing feel of it. The whole Herohammer thing they have going just doesn't mesh well with the scope they are trying to go for, the heroes and super units are obviously incredibly domineering. Neither does it have the satisfying tactical skirmish feel of the second game. There is no cover system, and combat seems to be basically a case of throwing units against each other with no micro to speak of other than offensive abilities for units.

I have to say this whole thing looks and feels a lot more like Warcraft 3 than DOW1 or DOW2. Right down to its style and presentation.

And I really didn't want a Warcraft 3 in my Dawn of War.
ALWAYS ANGRY!! ALL THE TIME!!
Ace of Swords
Level 5

Postby Ace of Swords » Mon 13 Jun, 2016 11:29 pm

nvm already posted by swift
Carnevour
Level 2

Postby Carnevour » Tue 14 Jun, 2016 12:18 am

Wc3 was the best rts in its the generation ruined by blizz just like sc2. This game has so much potential how can people moan about cover when dow2 cover system is a buggy piece of horse shit that barely works. DoW2 more micro intensive? Bitch plz you will have to manage your base and this game looks much more faced paced rather than the snail trail of dow2. Either people smoking crack or cant see the obvious due to the whole nostalgia that people are apparently fixated in this current age.
Caeltos

Postby Caeltos » Tue 14 Jun, 2016 12:32 am

Carnevour wrote:Wc3 was the best rts in its the generation ruined by blizz just like sc2. This game has so much potential how can people moan about cover when dow2 cover system is a buggy piece of horse shit that barely works. DoW2 more micro intensive? Bitch plz you will have to manage your base and this game looks much more faced paced rather than the snail trail of dow2. Either people smoking crack or cant see the obvious due to the whole nostalgia that people are apparently fixated in this current age.

Seems like there isn't even sync kills (Based on the pre-alpha footage) which is a good riddance. Models now instead just get absolutely destroyed, into giblets, or lose body parts - or gets tossed around like doll. Consistency, but visual appeasing to the ones that like the gritty nature of Dawn of War.

It's definately the most violent Dawn of War based on visuals. The freedom of movement for certain characters (like Gabriel Angelos) helps also break the limitation of designs the developers can do. (To a certain stretch) which will allow for more creative freedom in what you can do with the character.

Cover gone? Good - No more overlayered mechanics that you can only find out about if you dwell into the game files, and also cover that is just causing a hinderance in your manueverability for your infantry & vehicles.

I don't understand why people are worried about the "Hero" stuff, we've had that even since Dawn of War 1, and we had that in Dawn of War 2. Units having abilities - Confirmed (Just like in Dawn of War 1 + 2)
Carnevour
Level 2

Postby Carnevour » Tue 14 Jun, 2016 1:04 am

Agree with Caeltos.
Its clear that Sega wants this to become esports really badly I for one welcome it. A supported game with a thriving community that doesnt scare people with barely explained bs and a clean RESPONSIVE gameplay will make sure this game doesn't turn into a husk within a year being on life support by a bearded community that nurture a superiority complex.
Broodwich
Level 4

Postby Broodwich » Tue 14 Jun, 2016 1:43 am

why are there cartoons in my 40k
Fas est ab hoste doceri
Ar-Aamon
Level 3

Postby Ar-Aamon » Tue 14 Jun, 2016 6:14 am

I see another C&C arise on the horizon. And I don't think people are worried about the hero-stuff, actually this is the only promising thing.
appiah4
Level 3

Postby appiah4 » Tue 14 Jun, 2016 12:30 pm

It's not being worried about the hero stuff, it's being worried about how the hero stuff apparently makes everything else really much less relevant, as evidenced by the gameplay where angelos singlehandedly destroys everything.
ALWAYS ANGRY!! ALL THE TIME!!
DandyFrontline
Level 3

Postby DandyFrontline » Tue 14 Jun, 2016 1:09 pm

appiah4 wrote:It's not being worried about the hero stuff, it's being worried about how the hero stuff apparently makes everything else really much less relevant, as evidenced by the gameplay where angelos singlehandedly destroys everything.

Its just a campaign
karnakkardak
Level 2

Postby karnakkardak » Tue 14 Jun, 2016 1:12 pm

No micro cover? Ok
No realistic game?
Fucking nope!
Caeltos

Postby Caeltos » Tue 14 Jun, 2016 1:32 pm

appiah4 wrote:It's not being worried about the hero stuff, it's being worried about how the hero stuff apparently makes everything else really much less relevant, as evidenced by the gameplay where angelos singlehandedly destroys everything.

The footage was from pre-alpha singleplayer campaign. You were always a one-man army in ALL games with a hero alone (In all games). We have ABSOLUTELY nothing to base any judgement on the multiplayer experience, non-what so ever.

We don't know if Titan units will replace 'Former Relic' units in terms of power-level, or if former-Relic units are even present in the game. We have no grasp on the how the multiplayer experience will laid out for us, so the only one thing you can do at the moment is jump to conclussions and make yourself like a fool until we get to experience the game for ourselves.
Caeltos

Postby Caeltos » Tue 14 Jun, 2016 1:33 pm

Caeltos wrote:

The footage was from pre-alpha singleplayer campaign. You were always a one-man army in ALL games with a hero alone (In all games). We have ABSOLUTELY nothing to base any judgement on the multiplayer experience, non-what so ever.

We don't know if Titan units will replace 'Former Relic' units in terms of power-level, or if former-Relic units are even present in the game. We have no grasp on the how the multiplayer experience will laid out for us, so the only one thing you can do at the moment is jump to conclussions and make yourself like a fool until we get to experience the game for ourselves.

No realistic game?

Realism and Warhammer. Perfect match. 8-)
Carnevour
Level 2

Postby Carnevour » Tue 14 Jun, 2016 1:37 pm

karnakkardak wrote:No micro cover? Ok
No realistic game?
Fucking nope!

You should try order 1886 rly good game with realistic graphics and pretty lights also you play a cool guy and he ain't afraid of anything kappa.

On a side note I wish they implement the moding and a map editor so that the community can create new maps and game modes. Hoping they stick to dow2 type style of dlcs of making army skins from time to time.
Gorbles
Level 3

Postby Gorbles » Tue 14 Jun, 2016 3:08 pm

I'm really liking how responsive the units seem to be, especially around knockdown / getup. Very smooth.

Hopefully the input delay of Essence2 (and Essence3, to an extent) is a thing of the past :)
Ace of Swords
Level 5

Postby Ace of Swords » Tue 14 Jun, 2016 3:09 pm

Carnevour wrote:Agree with Caeltos.
Its clear that Sega wants this to become esports really badly I for one welcome it. A supported game with a thriving community that doesnt scare people with barely explained bs and a clean RESPONSIVE gameplay will make sure this game doesn't turn into a husk within a year being on life support by a bearded community that nurture a superiority complex.

Play CoH2, that's a supported Esport game by relic and that didn't stop them making it RNG garbage where luck wins the game at an equal skill level, esp in tourney and it happened a lot of times, let me know how it works out for you.
Forestradio
Level 5

Postby Forestradio » Tue 14 Jun, 2016 3:31 pm

Sprinting in Terminator armor is supposed to be close to impossible, same with jumping in it:

"I’d never seen a warrior sprinting in Terminator warplate. He ran through the fiery mist of a teleportation storm, with no hint of the sluggishness I’d felt on Armageddon. Impossible as it was, I swore I could hear the pounding of his boots, and the screaming whine of protesting servo joints, over the ship falling apart around us. Sparks burst from every racing step he took. I couldn’t even conceive of the power and rage it would take to force Terminator plate to react against its will like that."

"Despite his speed, there was nothing of grace or agility in his movements, merely anger and ferocious strength, pushing his armour’s joints to the absolute limit of the sacred ceramite’s endurance."

Terminator armor does a lot of things for a space marine but allowing them to hop around like a kangaroo and reach places only a jump pack could is not one of them.
Gorbles
Level 3

Postby Gorbles » Tue 14 Jun, 2016 3:57 pm

1. Lore contradicts itself once a week on a Sunday, and twice every other Thursday.

2. Gameplay before adherence to lore, always.

I mean if your chief complaint is that "this fantasy space game is unrealistic", I suppose Relic haven't done too badly. It's not like bodies exploding into neatly-formed giblets was ever technically realistic.
Ar-Aamon
Level 3

Postby Ar-Aamon » Tue 14 Jun, 2016 4:54 pm

I don't know which one is worse: Matt Ward or this so called "Game Director" Philippe Boulle?

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2016- ... -explained

I would say well done with the readability. A fucking mess on the screen, hahaha. Someone @ relic should fire this guy.
Psycho
Level 3

Postby Psycho » Tue 14 Jun, 2016 5:16 pm

Ar-Aamon wrote:http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2016-06-13-dawn-of-war-3s-new-art-style-explained

Relic, inspired by MOBAs, strives for more responsive gameplay.

So, Dawn of War 3's brighter, more cartoony art style had me a little worried at first. But I get the trade-off: by switching the game's look, Relic is able to create a gameplay feel that's more modern, that's more in-line with the expectations of the millions who play MOBAs every day. It's a design decision.

"That's not to say we're not paying attention to the MOBA space, and the lessons that come from that. We play MOBAs. We love them. Things like The Last Stand mode from Dawn of War 2 lived in that MOBA space even before the big players.

Yeah, rip.
egewithin
Level 5

Postby egewithin » Tue 14 Jun, 2016 5:20 pm

Forestradio wrote:Sprinting in Terminator armor is supposed to be close to impossible, same with jumping in it

I agree. The animation on assault terminators are all bad! Look how do they run even! Like run like f*cking Pollyana ! And their attack animations are just awful.

I changed my mind about this game. Carotoon graphics are pure bullsh*t for Warhammer 40K. Too shiniy, too cartoony. Not goona pay for it.

I still have hope for multiplayer if it is fun. I watched first revievs about DoW II and realized the difference. Campain might be a shitty map, remember DoW II capain maps, not for multi player remember? I still have a small hope for this game.

Still, we better not give up from DoW II. I am planning to learn modelling for DoW II and bring the well deserved Blood Angel Terminators to the field after July probobly if I ever will.

Return to “General Discussion”