Dawn of War 3 is official

Nurland

Re: Dawn of War 3 is official

Postby Nurland » Wed 04 May, 2016 4:40 pm

GuruSkippy wrote:
Nurland wrote: I sure hope extra factions come with expansions and not as some silly pay to win DLC.

hum, I fail to see what is the difference between a new OP race coming in a paid DLC or coming in an expansion.

Well then there is at least some additional single player story value to stuff and some possible UI updates etc with expansions. In addition to the new races.
#noobcodex
Lost Son of Nikhel
Contributor

Postby Lost Son of Nikhel » Wed 04 May, 2016 7:19 pm

These aren't the Speesh Mehrenesh you promised us.

Too tight bodies.

And for the god of balance, I hope those Imperial Knights will be expensive as fuck units.
"Pater, peccavi in caelum et coram te; iam non sum dignus vocari filius tuus". Dixit autem pater: "manducemus et epulemur, quia hic filius meus mortuus erat et revixit, perierat et inventus est"

There will be no forgiveness for us.
Caeltos

Postby Caeltos » Thu 05 May, 2016 2:25 am

I'm almost 99,99% certain that these units will be the equivelent of super-units from previous installments, and the previous super units are no longer present. They're just bigger and more badass in that sense.

But hey, I could be wrong - and we might be looking at some serious full-scale super units and options in late-game.
Psycho
Level 3

Postby Psycho » Thu 05 May, 2016 3:31 am

Now imagine the pathfinding of the super-units.
Pega
Level 2

Postby Pega » Thu 05 May, 2016 4:17 am

Caeltos wrote:I'm almost 99,99% certain that these units will be the equivelent of super-units from previous installments, and the previous super units are no longer present. They're just bigger and more badass in that sense.

But hey, I could be wrong - and we might be looking at some serious full-scale super units and options in late-game.

Most the 3v3 games we play don't last long enough for super units to come out. It certainly would seem strange to have imperial knights at t2 though. Maybe we can have a like a Doom demon rune mechanic in dow3 where you can capture a point on the map for like 3 minutes to gain access to these knight units. in 3v3, your team would have to work for those too. That would be pretty great right.
egewithin
Level 5

Postby egewithin » Thu 05 May, 2016 4:43 am

I just wonder what will Chaos use as super unit. Because greater deamons are smaller than those knight things. And will we see greater any deamon?
Aguxyz
Level 3

Postby Aguxyz » Thu 05 May, 2016 7:35 am

chaos can have chaos knights as well but im hoping for a separation of chaos and daemons so they can have their own faction that would be cool
"Does the Seer see its own doom!?" -Tau commander
2torpid4u: You still haven't sucked my big pink nipples Agu :(
Barrogh
Level 3

Postby Barrogh » Thu 05 May, 2016 8:29 am

My impressions in short: trailer is not what we are used to see for 40k trailers. More symbolical, I'd say. Good to see for a change. Screenshots don't look promising, at least yet.

Barn wrote:I like DoW2 both for the gameplay and for the fluffy bits (I spend a lot of time gawking at the army painter), whereas I only enjoyed the first because it was 40k.

Tbh I find painter in the first game to be better simply because it allowed you to use any colour for anything. I was annoyed quite a bit at inability to pick just right tone for what I wanted to do.

Nurland wrote:The only thing I am really concerned about is how the DLC stuff will be handled... DLC skins etc are fine but I sure hope extra factions come with expansions and not as some silly pay to win DLC.

Tbh recent Necron Lord release reminded that whoever balances DoW games initially does it the same way GW does ("Have you bought our previous stock of obviously best units? Now we have a new stock of obviously better units for you to buy!" Well, GW are also fans of "Oh, and here are new general rules with even more RNG so that bad rolls could create an illusion of balance. If those rules are readable and don't contradict each other at every opportunity, that's it.", but at least this is less relevant when it comes to vidiya).
When in mortal danger, when beset by doubt
Run in little circles, wave your hands and shout
appiah4
Level 3

Postby appiah4 » Thu 05 May, 2016 9:12 am

Would be nice to see a Lord of Change as the Chaos super unit..

What I really want to know is whether fliers are in the game; 40K recently had a huge swathe of flyer units introduced..
ALWAYS ANGRY!! ALL THE TIME!!
DandyFrontline
Level 3

Postby DandyFrontline » Thu 05 May, 2016 10:25 am

appiah4 wrote:Would be nice to see a Lord of Change as the Chaos super unit..

What I really want to know is whether fliers are in the game; 40K recently had a huge swathe of flyer units introduced..

Some ugly brutal shit would be better, then a bird imo
appiah4
Level 3

Postby appiah4 » Thu 05 May, 2016 11:07 am

DandyFrontline wrote:
appiah4 wrote:Would be nice to see a Lord of Change as the Chaos super unit..

Some ugly brutal shit would be better, then a bird imo

Yeah but that ugly bird would mean a flier super unit for Chaos.
ALWAYS ANGRY!! ALL THE TIME!!
Ar-Aamon
Level 3

Postby Ar-Aamon » Thu 05 May, 2016 12:39 pm

Well a Daemon Engine would be a nice super unit for Chaos.
ytimk
Level 2

Postby ytimk » Fri 06 May, 2016 6:11 am

Hype (I mean hype, not general 'hey that's nice' enthusiasm) is the problem. Everyone just contributes to an empty marketing machine for early sales etc and gets bummed when factors beyond most people control shape things.

Just be cautious/guarded in your optimism or pessimism and things will happen as they do.

Regardless of how you personally find the final product at the end of the day (at least at release) I'm glad the 40k 'brand'/universe is seen to be popular enough for a company to invest in a new non-mobile game.

In the meantime enjoy the constantly evolving Elite mod.
Ring ring. Call Da Boyz!
Theory.
I have never played vs a human......
b-b-b-but I watch 100s of casts.

Return to “General Discussion”