It's happening.

HansMoleman
Contributor

Re: It's happening.

Postby HansMoleman » Tue 03 May, 2016 4:40 pm

With that being said. I'm hoping that the models are crisper to contrast with the background.
Dr. Kukri
Level 1

Postby Dr. Kukri » Tue 03 May, 2016 4:41 pm

Titans are a thing now?! Damn, I really need to get back into Elite.

Well, if relic fucks up, you guys will be there to fix it. Right? Image
Sturnn
Level 2

Postby Sturnn » Tue 03 May, 2016 4:43 pm

thats imperial knights not Titan :)
Swift

Postby Swift » Tue 03 May, 2016 4:47 pm

Read some descriptions, from the sound of it it is being massively dumbed down, cover as we know it is gone to be replaced by cover emplacements, and other things are making it "more accessible".

RELIIIIIIIIIC!

Still, one is only working on small nuggets of information.
The internal battery has run dry, the game can now be played. However, clock based events will no longer occur.
Ace of Swords
Level 5

Postby Ace of Swords » Tue 03 May, 2016 4:49 pm

Dr. Kukri wrote:Titans are a thing now?! Damn, I really need to get back into Elite.

Well, if relic fucks up, you guys will be there to fix it. Right? Image

To be specific none of these are titans they are just sightly bigger dreds/wraithlords, rhougly 2/3 bigger than them but way smaller than titans, that's why I don't like them, they are a bit too generic and don't fit well in the flavor of factions, for example, if IG or SoB will ever get in, what will they get? A recycled imperial knight?
Gorbles
Level 3

Postby Gorbles » Tue 03 May, 2016 4:51 pm

The Phantom (there is a lighter class of Eldar Titan but I can't remember the name - the one in the trailer is likely to be this) is definitely a Titan-class, or an Eldar equivalent thereof. Unless they've introduced a super-Wraithlord I'm not aware of.

There's also what looks like a Scorpion in the gameplay screenshots.

The Imperial Knights are a better choice because they can be amazingly powerful, and actual Imperial Titans are meant to be a class above. Even Warhounds are meant to be Big™.
Last edited by Gorbles on Tue 03 May, 2016 4:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pega
Level 2

Postby Pega » Tue 03 May, 2016 4:52 pm

Dineil wrote:The PCgamer screens worry me a bit. The units other than the imperial knight look kinda bad graphics wise. I hope its only because its still in early development.
http://cdn.mos.cms.futurecdn.net/bRNzRs ... MfEw4H.jpg

http://cdn.mos.cms.futurecdn.net/6Pqc2Z ... ZoELmL.jpg

For me, It looks like starcraft 2. F Starcraft 2. DoW2 needs to be gritty, not cartoony graphics like that. I really hope they do their own shit rather than going direction of SC2 WC3. I think one can argue that graphics in DoW2 is comparable to the screens you have there of dow2.
Last edited by Pega on Tue 03 May, 2016 4:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sturnn
Level 2

Postby Sturnn » Tue 03 May, 2016 4:53 pm

IG will get baneblade as always. Sob might have Living Saint for example.
Wise Windu

Postby Wise Windu » Tue 03 May, 2016 4:55 pm

Ace of Swords wrote:No evidence, but there's a set precendent, to say the truth I'm cautiosly pessimistic about this whole deal of "elite" "collectable" units which impact your game performance which sound more or less like the call ins from CoH2 commanders, which you have to buy or farm with RNG drops,aside from that, in coh2 there are separate MP and SP "Xpacs" and on release you had to buy each faction separately for the muliplayer for 15€ iirc each (latest example the british forces http://store.steampowered.com/app/365820/ ) or in the case of the western front armies it was 30€ for both.
I agree, and I'm kind of expecting a sort of pay to acquire units type of thing after release (which I don't like), but I'm only talking about the initial release of the game, and the appearance of a fourth faction on release rather than after, and, based on the description of the campaign, it seems like there will be another faction involved that they haven't talked about yet. But we'll see. Maybe they will cut it up and make you collect units.

Although to me, it kind of seemed like they would have a base faction, and then you build from there.
Forestradio
Level 5

Postby Forestradio » Tue 03 May, 2016 5:04 pm

MaxPower wrote:Pics aint grimdark enough, they look way too clean, which really doesn't fit the theme of a game centered around warfare.

so much this

Gorb wrote:Unless they've introduced a super-Wraithlord I'm not aware of.

Wraithknight looks like, basically a souped up wraithlord that (iirc) uses 2 eldar souls to pilot it instead of 1? not sure

Ace of Swords wrote: if IG or SoB will ever get in, what will they get? A recycled imperial knight?

I would guess living saint or some super big tank for IG (baneblade or some other thing)

But I would actually like to see the superbig units focus more on melee than just standing in place and shooting the shit out of everything ;-;
McStabbyface
Level 0

Postby McStabbyface » Tue 03 May, 2016 5:06 pm

I don't know if I can handle Dawn of Starcraft. This whole thing has me so excited but I'm also heartbroken.
DandyFrontline
Level 3

Postby DandyFrontline » Tue 03 May, 2016 5:07 pm

Read this: http://www.pcgamer.com/dawn-of-war-3-in ... t-rts-yet/

New cover system sounds like bullshit

"For multiplayer, inspired by Dota's hero selection phase, Relic designers are considering an element of pick and counter-pick to the pre-battle screen, though they're yet to show exactly how this will work." - what ?

Also basebuilding returns - fuck u fucking DoW UA mod nerds

Im so salty right now
Last edited by DandyFrontline on Tue 03 May, 2016 5:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kesarj
Level 0

Postby Kesarj » Tue 03 May, 2016 5:08 pm

best news in May.

Surfer the official website. it seems that giant unit is what DoW3 focus on.But deff dread is a little bit too poor compared to elder titan and baron imperial knight, hopefully, stompa will appear.

"there is a terrible darkness descending upon the galaxy" Wish Chaos will be released in the future
Last edited by Kesarj on Tue 03 May, 2016 5:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Swift

Postby Swift » Tue 03 May, 2016 5:11 pm

Necrons will be the super baddies, I'm calling it.
The internal battery has run dry, the game can now be played. However, clock based events will no longer occur.
McStabbyface
Level 0

Postby McStabbyface » Tue 03 May, 2016 5:13 pm

DandyFrontline wrote:Read this: http://www.pcgamer.com/dawn-of-war-3-in ... t-rts-yet/

"For multiplayer, inspired by Dota's hero selection phase, Relic designers are considering an element of pick and counter-pick to the pre-battle screen, though they're yet to show exactly how this will work." - what ?

Im so salty right now

Yeah I'm salty as fuck too. Even more sad.

Dumbing things down to "make things more accessible" is the worst shit ever.

Basebuilding sucks, but I guess it was inevitable because of all the DoW1 fanboys who think DoW2 is shit.
DandyFrontline
Level 3

Postby DandyFrontline » Tue 03 May, 2016 5:15 pm

McStabbyface wrote:
DandyFrontline wrote:Read this: http://www.pcgamer.com/dawn-of-war-3-in ... t-rts-yet/

Im so salty right now

Yeah I'm salty as fuck too. Even more sad.

Dumbing things down to "make things more accessible" is the worst shit ever.

Basebuilding sucks, but I guess it was inevitable because of all the DoW1 fanboys who think DoW2 is shit.

Too bad basebuilding is the smallest problem
MaxPower
Contributor

Postby MaxPower » Tue 03 May, 2016 5:15 pm

HansMoleman wrote:Not everything needs to be grim and dark. That's soo obvious of a directions in 90% of games and art styles.

Warhammer 40k is the epitome of grimdark, so yes it better be grim fucking dark and not Barbie and the magic of Pegasus.

This is how it's supposed to look:

It's not supposed to look like this:

"A fortress is built with blood and toil. Only by blood and toil may it be taken." Leman Russ
egewithin
Level 5

Postby egewithin » Tue 03 May, 2016 5:18 pm

MaxPower wrote:It's not supposed to look like this

Keep calm. This is demo yet. I am satisfyed about Angelos and Imperial Knight things details. Of cource they will improve models, or why would we wait untill 2017?
Ace of Swords
Level 5

Postby Ace of Swords » Tue 03 May, 2016 5:20 pm

Gorb wrote:The Phantom (there is a lighter class of Eldar Titan but I can't remember the name - the one in the trailer is likely to be this) is definitely a Titan-class, or an Eldar equivalent thereof. Unless they've introduced a super-Wraithlord I'm not aware of.

There's also what looks like a Scorpion in the gameplay screenshots.

The Imperial Knights are a better choice because they can be amazingly powerful, and actual Imperial Titans are meant to be a class above. Even Warhounds are meant to be Big™.

The one in the trailer is a wraithknight https://www.games-workshop.com/it-IT/Eldar-Wraithknight , there are no titans in this game, just bigger walkers, what I also meant is that I don't really see fit for a space marine army to field an imperial knight, mechanicus? sure, IG, likely, SM? Not at all, I mean, I'm not up with the latest black library stuff but as I know SM never fight in line battles on their own, they usually act as a shock troops in critical locations or on critical objectives, or come in to support Ig which is the one with Titans and the bigger stuff, but they never field these by themselves.
Indrid

Postby Indrid » Tue 03 May, 2016 5:28 pm

Great trailer, loved the voice over.

Screens look good but not as grim-dark as DoW2, which is a negative check mark for me. The models themselves look great, but we have brighter and flatter colours. As others have said this is mostly likely to aid visual distinction (not all players will know their 40k units) as well as an artistic choice.

2016? 2017? It's only May....
Gorbles
Level 3

Postby Gorbles » Tue 03 May, 2016 5:30 pm

Wraithknight, thankee. I thought they'd introduced a demi-Titan unit but I'd forgotten what.

It's a good compromise for a super-unit, in my opinion.

Obligatory lols at all the "grimdark" comments. Design and gameplay come before strict adherence to a "grimdark" colour palette and always will. Much like how the DoW II user interface was severely limited, we can hope for better this time around.
Forestradio
Level 5

Postby Forestradio » Tue 03 May, 2016 5:34 pm

Indrid wrote:2016? 2017? It's only May....

I'm pretty sure the PC gamer article said it was 2017 for sure, no other details yet AFAIK
Indrid

Postby Indrid » Tue 03 May, 2016 5:35 pm

Ah, must have missed that
Darkhavien
Level 1

Postby Darkhavien » Tue 03 May, 2016 5:37 pm

It's... ugh. I want to be excited, but simplified cover? Clown-paint color schemes?

I swear to fuck, Sega. Keep your goddamn Mario the hell out of my 40k.

My fierce hope is that the writer was given vague details and a very early build to play around in.
MaxPower
Contributor

Postby MaxPower » Tue 03 May, 2016 5:37 pm

Gorb wrote:Wraithknight, thankee. I thought they'd introduced a demi-Titan unit but I'd forgotten what.

Obligatory lols at all the "grimdark" comments. Design and gameplay come before strict adherence to a "grimdark" colour palette and always will. Much like how the DoW II user interface was severely limited, we can hope for better this time around.

Well, if one of the defining features of your universe is the grimdarkness you better dont take that away. Just take a look at DoW 2 is it cartoony, id say yes, but it still has this somewhat grimdarkesque. But apparently DoW 3 is just pure cartoony which is a big no no for me. Yes they are WIP shots and hopefully they'll fix it, I'd be disappointed if not.

Btw. fuck base building.

Darkhavien wrote:Keep your goddamn Mario the hell out of my 40k.

Not sure if serious, but Mario was from Nintendo, Sega created Sonic.
Last edited by MaxPower on Tue 03 May, 2016 5:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"A fortress is built with blood and toil. Only by blood and toil may it be taken." Leman Russ
Darkhavien
Level 1

Postby Darkhavien » Tue 03 May, 2016 5:39 pm

MaxPower wrote:Btw. fuck base building.

Sure as sure.
Darkhavien
Level 1

Postby Darkhavien » Tue 03 May, 2016 5:42 pm

MaxPower wrote:
Darkhavien wrote:Keep your goddamn Mario the hell out of my 40k.

Not sure if serious, but Mario was from Nintendo, Sega created Sonic.

Whoops, yeah- the color palette had me thinking Nintendo, apparently.
Gorbles
Level 3

Postby Gorbles » Tue 03 May, 2016 5:48 pm

MaxPower wrote:
Gorb wrote:Wraithknight, thankee. I thought they'd introduced a demi-Titan unit but I'd forgotten what.

Well, if one of the defining features of your universe is the grimdarkness you better dont take that away. Just take a look at DoW 2 is it cartoony, id say yes, but it still has this somewhat grimdarkesque. But apparently DoW 3 is just pure cartoony which is a big no no for me. Yes they are WIP shots and hopefully they'll fix it, I'd be disappointed if not.

Btw. fuck base building.

I'm very sorry but I don't think you know what a "cartoon" looks like. Criticism is great, but we're rapidly going down the "baseless whining" route.

The "grimdark" nature of 40k isn't defined solely by the colour palette. Did you see the cinematic? Was that not grimdark enough?
Pega
Level 2

Postby Pega » Tue 03 May, 2016 5:48 pm

I was just looking at adeptus noobus's stream. Dow2 looks better than dow3. Okay, its early in the process but i don't like the direction they are taking at all.

IDK though, maybe the game is gonna be so fun, the graphics won't become an issue for me. I hope they don't take out 3v3. Games nowadays have a habit of taking out game modes you'd expect to be in the game.

Btw, that falcon looks absolutely terrible.
Edtjuh
Level 1

Postby Edtjuh » Tue 03 May, 2016 5:52 pm

The trailer looked very awesome and i don't mind the base building. Could bring in some charm again.

However, i don't like the graphics. Too clean and not enough detail. Also the cover system seems a bit wonky.
Any word on whether they'll use suppression or moral system?

Return to “General Discussion”