First one to leave the party: A tournament reflection

Tournament discussion and registration.
TheCrydd
Level 2

First one to leave the party: A tournament reflection

Postby TheCrydd » Sat 09 Mar, 2019 1:22 pm

Hello all,

I just finished all my seven games in the league and with a score of 3-4 I am pretty certain I won't make the cut.

Normally, I am just a filthy 3v3 casual with way more hours under my belt than my skill represent. I do like me some competition though and signed up for the 1v1 league to see what it was all about.

I was pretty nervous actually, more than I want to admit, especially since most games had a bunch of observers and in some cases even a stream. But boy, did I have fun! It was all and all a great experience with nice opponents and I learned a lot. My brain did play some games with me and being nervous and unfamiliar with the pace of 1v1 made me think that the opponent would rush me with Carnifexes riding Landraiders any second and therefore I went supergreedy fast T2 to try and close out the games quickly. To no surprise It didn't work very well. I stopped doing that and started going longer T1 which worked better.

Thanks to Adila for hosting and good luck to all participants, I will definately sign up for the next one!

Best regards,

TheCrydd
hiveminion
Level 3

Re: First one to leave the party: A tournament reflection

Postby hiveminion » Sat 09 Mar, 2019 2:10 pm

I can sympathize with that rushed feeling when playing 1v1s. Good to hear you had fun and managed to score some wins.
Swift

Postby Swift » Sat 09 Mar, 2019 2:21 pm

This is why B league is the best, most humble competitors and most interesting games. Was fun playing vs you and good to watch your games, but don't count yourself out already, you never know where things might go.
The internal battery has run dry, the game can now be played. However, clock based events will no longer occur.
oLev
Level 2

Postby oLev » Thu 21 Mar, 2019 10:24 am

You made it!
The battle continues soldier, back to the fight!

Return to “Tournaments”