Changes to the Beginner/Mid Circuit

Tournament discussion and registration.
Tharen101
Level 1

Changes to the Beginner/Mid Circuit

Postby Tharen101 » Thu 01 Sep, 2016 2:33 pm

The first month of the competitive circuit went well! We had about 25 people participate over the course of the month with an average turn out of 10 people per event.

I am implementing some changes to the circuit to address some concerns that people had and to make the series more sustainable overall. The two biggest changes will be eligibility requirements and the prize structure/tournament format change.

Eligibility Changes

Trying to determine skill by hours or army level did not work. From here on, eligibility will be based on ESL tier. Only players who are tier 2 and tier 3 may participate.

We had several Tier 1 people express interest in playing and I may work on having a fight night style round robin event simultaneous for tier 1 players who want to play but I wont be able to implement for a couple of weeks at least.

Structure and prize structure changes

I have scrapped the points system as there were not enough people regularly participating for it to work.

There will still be a short weekly siwss tournament on Sundays with a door prize warded to one player who plays all rounds.

There will also be a larger tournament on one Saturday of the month.Date to be determined for this month. Announcement will go out soon. This will be a swiss tournament that starts at 11am EDT and is best of 3 games per match (as opposed to one like the rest of the weekends). There will be prizes for at least 1st and 2nd place for this tournament.

See the monthly announcement for details!
Last edited by Tharen101 on Thu 01 Sep, 2016 6:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Philippus12
Level 1

Re: Changes to the Beginner/Mid Circuit

Postby Philippus12 » Thu 01 Sep, 2016 4:52 pm

About the larger bo3 tournament:

Could we move this tournament to a different time/day?
Sunday evening (for europeans) and bo3 aswell as multiple rounds dont get along well with most people having to work/go to school on monday morning.
Tharen101
Level 1

Postby Tharen101 » Thu 01 Sep, 2016 5:32 pm

I'll move it to Saturday this month and see how it goes.
Philippus12
Level 1

Postby Philippus12 » Thu 01 Sep, 2016 6:13 pm

Yay

Return to “Tournaments”