MFW on August 13th and 14th @ 17:00 UTC

Postby Impregnable » Thu 04 Aug, 2016 12:33 pm

Date:
Convert time at below link
http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/f ... 1=%3A&ah=6

August 13th at UTC 1700 (Saturday)
August 14th at UTC 1700 (Sunday)

Preamble:
- My real life kicked in and I cannot do the event on the start of August so I moved the date to the second week's weekends.
- There are lots of changes in rules so please do read them carefully
- Send email to yyj-101@hanmail.net or to private message in forums if you have any questions. I check it once a day or at least once in two days so feel free to send messages.

Event Day Preparations
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/dow2emrt
- Arrive on that day and be present in the Steam group chat of MRT steam group. In order to enter group chat, simply visit the link above and hit "Enter chat room" through a logged in Steam account.
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/DoW2EliteMod
- If there is a MRT on the same day, I am using DOW II: Elite Balance Mod Playtesting's group chat

- Each player is required to have more than 150 wins in the faction they represent. If an expert player testimony for your skill in that faction you can join. Ask that guys give me a message.
- Number of wins can be checked at your in game statistics page. It doesn't matter whether it was gained from 1 v 1 or team games. As long as they all add up above 150 then you can sign up.
- A player can sign up for multiple factions as long as they have more than 150 wins
- Registration is first come first served.
- Leave comments below for sign up. Should include following
1) In game ID
2) Date / Either 13th or 14th (Can apply for both dates)
3) Faction / Can sign up for multiple factions as long as you have 150 wins for that faction
4) Whether you participated in MRT in the past more than 2 times

- In case of streamers, I am not allowing anyone who didn't sign up on the day of the event.
- Also there can be only one streamer on the day. I want to be present in the room. No co casting.

- Casters can sign up freely. I will give you replays after the game is done

Event Rules
Game Format
2.5.1 patch
3 VS 3
Victory Point Control: 500 VPs
Starting Location: Fixed
Resources: Standard

1. Deciding on which match up to do
- I am doing a point system to see which factions get most points to decide which match ups to do. Two factions with most points will get a match up on the day.
- If there are multiple factions with similar number of points. I decide the match up by considering number of past match ups. Match ups that were not done less before gets the priority.
- These points are added up on day basis. Those who apply for one day will only provide that faction points on the day they apply for.
- People who can play multiple factions properly are very important factor in deciding a match up. As two factions share more of such players more likely they will get a match up. They provide 2 points for that faction per person
- Having a MRT participant who did MRT for two times in the past using that faction grants that faction 3 points per person
- If a person is both a MRT participant and can play multiple factions by having more than 150 wins, they count 5 points per person
- Those players who can play for a single faction count as 1 point.
- I am picking least done match ups and will play with make shift players I get on the day if there are not enough people signing up

2. Number of Matches
- Match ups will be divided into best of threes.
- There will be 10 minute breaks after each game and a 30 minute break before the other best of 3 starts.
- Players can agree to not to have breaks or to extend or to shorten them.
- The third match will be played regardless of the result of first two matches.
- No concede will be allowed for match 3
- If players on the losing team wants, I will do the other best of 3 with same match up as before. If there are no such requests, I will do a different match up for the next best of three.
- There will be a free FW done by me after the event is over. Anyone can join though I cannot grantee replays for these games will be casted.

3. Team Rules
- There is no rule for hero selection. Choices such as 3 same hero is allowed but GK is regarded as a separate faction.
- Players must pick which faction to represent for at the start of a match. If there are more than 3 players, remaining people go to reserves
- Each team can change up with reserves after each game. There are no restriction on how many people can be changed
- Teams can be balanced by me anytime during the match up. Will listen to what players have to say when changing though

4. Map Selection
- Maps are picked before the positions are decided
- First map or each series will be played on Argus Desert Gate
- After that losing team of previous match will pick a map out of below list of maps.
- Same map cannot be played twice within a series. If the series is extended to an extra best of 3, that series is counted as one series. For example, maps used in first best of 3 will not be allowed for second best of 3 as well.

3 v 3 Map Pool
Argus Desert Gate (This is always the first map so cannot be picked in other matches)
Calderis Refinery / Other versions
Estia Province
Angel Gate
Argent Shelf Redux / Other versions
Capital Spire Redux
Judgment of Carrion
Graesark Undercity
Typhon Arena Series / Other versions
Meridian High City
Kathari Ruins
Death World Temple
Wrath of Baal
Ashes of Typhon
Siccaris Plateau
White Walls of Calderis
Tiber Outpost
Tartarus Harbor
Kasyr Ruthien Redux

5. Deciding Positions
- I toss a coin in the air. Head is for the top team and tail is for the bottom team. The first team to decide picks a player for a position either on top or bottom. The second team picks a position. First team picks rest of the positions. Second team picks remaining two positions.

6. Disconnections / Arriving Late
- If a starting member does not show up within 15 minutes of start of the event and there are no reserves as well, I will contact a person from my friend list who meets the registration requirement or one of the teams can call in one of theirs from friend list or even opposing team's reserves.
- If that missing person happens to arrive during a match, he can participate from the next match on wards if other players agree and replacing person can go to reserves of that team as he sees fit.
- In case of disconnections, that match will be played again if it is within the 10 minutes of start on the same map. If it is past 10 minutes in to the game, the match will continue but I will make sure the casters know who got disconnected.

7. House Rule
- Other rules can be decided on the day like banning beacon for SM team and similar stuff

Losing Team's Rights
- This rule kicks in when both factions want to do the match up again
- Losing team of the first best of 3 gains right to ban 2 maps out of the pool. If one version of map is banned, all other maps of the same type will be banned too.
- Same map cannot be played twice within a series. If the series is extended to an extra best of 3, that series is counted as one series. For example, maps used in first best of 3 will not be allowed for second best of 3 as well
- Whether to exercise this right or not to exercise them at all is up to the losing team.

Confirmed Caster
GeneralsGentlemen

Confirmed Streamer
BbBos
The Licking Boogyman

Players:
Grey Knights Sat: 19 / Sun: 19
Torpid
hiveminion
BbBos
Atlas
evilmario5
Space Marines Sat: 25 / Sun: 22
Torpid
hiveminion
[EL] A Paige (of AT)
BbBos
Atlas
Broodwich (Sunday)
evilmario5
Ace of Swords (Saturday)
Chaos Space Marines Sat: 19 / Sun: 16
Torpid
BbBos
Atlas
Broodwich (Sunday)
evilmario5
Ace of Swords (Saturday)
Eldar Sat: 15 / Sun: 12
Torpid
BbBos
Broodwich (Sunday)
Ace of Swords (Saturday)
Orks Sat: 12 / Sun: 14
Torpid
BbBos
Broodwich (Sunday)
evilmario5
Tyranids Sat: 17 / Sun: 17
Torpid
hiveminion
BbBos
evilmario5
Imperial Guard Sat: 21 / Sun: 16
Torpid
BbBos
Atlas
evilmario5
Ace of Swords (Saturday)

Reserve
Cyris
Black Relic
Grand Piano
Mathis
Last edited by Impregnable on Sun 14 Aug, 2016 1:24 am, edited 6 times in total.
"Excalibur!"
"Excalibur!"
"From the United Kingdom!"
"I'm looking for heaven!"
"I'm going to California!"
"Excalibur!"
"Excalibur!"
Torpid

Re: MFW on August 13th and 14th @ 17:00 UTC

Postby Torpid » Thu 04 Aug, 2016 2:26 pm

Please sign-up to this before hand guys so that teams can be balanced and so that it is more obvious which factions shall be vsing which factions.

Myself I should be available on both days and will play any faction.
Lets make Ordo Malleus great again!
Cyris
Level 4

Postby Cyris » Thu 04 Aug, 2016 3:43 pm

I also will play any faction, on either date. Consider me a filler or whatever.

Always have a random chance of baby stuff pulling me away, but happy to help fill teams and get good/balanced matches recorded!
hiveminion
Level 3

Postby hiveminion » Thu 04 Aug, 2016 4:35 pm

Woop woop, I'm in, I can play either day but prefer Saturdays.

Can play Nids, SM, OM.
[EL] A Paige (of AT)
Level 2

Postby [EL] A Paige (of AT) » Thu 04 Aug, 2016 7:58 pm

Both days for me, Space Marine faction only.
BbBoS
Shoutcaster

Postby BbBoS » Thu 04 Aug, 2016 8:51 pm

Put me down as a player for all factions, I'll stream POV and cast the games regularly after
The Licking Boogyman
Level 3

Postby The Licking Boogyman » Thu 11 Aug, 2016 3:06 pm

i say i will sign up as referee as well as streamer from a commenting position. would be glad if i can do this even with my memory bug problem that i cant fix (short to long loading times)
Atlas

Postby Atlas » Thu 11 Aug, 2016 5:40 pm

Can definitely do IG and SM, but can pinch hit Chaos and OM if needed. Sounds like this will be fun!
Broodwich
Level 4

Postby Broodwich » Thu 11 Aug, 2016 7:13 pm

Sm
Chaos
Eldar
Orks

Can only play Sunday
Fas est ab hoste doceri
evilmario5
Level 2

Postby evilmario5 » Fri 12 Aug, 2016 4:22 am

both days I can play/ rip my sleep it starts 3am in the morning.

OM,SM, orks, Chaos, IG, Tyranids
yes I play gk/om a bit no hate plz
Impregnable
Level 4

Postby Impregnable » Fri 12 Aug, 2016 8:15 am

Thank you everyone for signing up early. According to the points I have now I decided on what match ups to do for each day. Also I take into account how frequently that match up was done in the past. For example, last time we did SM vs Tyranids, GK vs SM, Chaos vs Tyranids, IG vs SM. These match ups have lowest priority even if those two factions have highest points.

Day 1
Match 1 SM vs Orks
Match 2 GK vs Tyranids

Day 2
Match 1 Chaos vs Orks
Match 2 Eldar vs Orks
"Excalibur!"
"Excalibur!"
"Excalibur!"
"Excalibur!"
Soberson
Level 2

Postby Soberson » Fri 12 Aug, 2016 10:28 am

Can I ask you why did you bump up participation requirements?
#IGisFINE
Guy gamer.
Impregnable
Level 4

Postby Impregnable » Fri 12 Aug, 2016 2:02 pm

Soberson wrote:Can I ask you why did you bump up participation requirements?

It is just that I felt army level 60 was insufficient in ensuring a steady performance for a faction after doing last event. I checked everyone's stats who joined in games for last event and I found out on average those with less than 150 wins for that faction did terrible in the game.
"Excalibur!"
"Excalibur!"
"Excalibur!"
"Excalibur!"
Ace of Swords
Level 5

Postby Ace of Swords » Fri 12 Aug, 2016 4:05 pm

Signing up with SM, chaos, IG, Eldar.

Can play on the 13 still not sure about the 14.
Last edited by Ace of Swords on Fri 12 Aug, 2016 4:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Soberson
Level 2

Postby Soberson » Fri 12 Aug, 2016 4:20 pm

Impregnable wrote:

It is just that I felt army level 60 was insufficient in ensuring a steady performance for a faction after doing last event. I checked everyone's stats who joined in games for last event and I found out on average those with less than 150 wins for that faction did terrible in the game.

Having new people try themselves out in faction wars could not only energize the community but also will definitely make individual match ups much more unpredictable and fun to watch. Watching the most recent series of Faction Wars I could not help but notice how washed up these match ups are. Hell, the latest game went just for 15 minutes, players didn't show any interest in doing the game. You can jack up requirements all you want but I am honestly in doubt it's going to do any favors to community.
#IGisFINE
Guy gamer.
Cyris
Level 4

Postby Cyris » Fri 12 Aug, 2016 4:48 pm

I don't agree with Soberson's reasoning, but I don't think higher requirements will help make better matches. The skill balance between the two teams, and the cooperation between the players on each team, are both much more important factors then the straight play time or skill of individual players. But this is super hard to account for or predict.

In short, engineering balanced matches between 6 players is very, very hard. Good luck!
Broodwich
Level 4

Postby Broodwich » Fri 12 Aug, 2016 7:03 pm

Due to contracting a plague of nurgle, i am now a maybe for Saturday

As for good matches, just having a good player who knows the contestants set the teams would be enough. Nobody thought the last tourneys teams were fair at the start, but they launched anyway
Fas est ab hoste doceri
Black Relic
Level 4

Postby Black Relic » Sat 13 Aug, 2016 2:48 am

I can stream on Saturday only send me a message if you want to do help.

And if someone doesn't show up for a game i can be their stand-in since I am good with all races (best at SM, Chaos and IG)
"...With every strike of his sword, with every word of his speech, does he reaffirm the ideals of our honored master..." -From the Teachings of Roboute Guilliman as laid down in the Apocrypha of Skaros. Space Marines Codex pg. 54
Impregnable
Level 4

Postby Impregnable » Sat 13 Aug, 2016 12:40 pm

Soberson wrote:
Impregnable wrote:

Having new people try themselves out in faction wars could not only energize the community but also will definitely make individual match ups much more unpredictable and fun to watch. Watching the most recent series of Faction Wars I could not help but notice how washed up these match ups are. Hell, the latest game went just for 15 minutes, players didn't show any interest in doing the game. You can jack up requirements all you want but I am honestly in doubt it's going to do any favors to community.

I do get what you mean. However, I don't think having 150 wins is a very high requirement. My intention is as I have written down here, viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2687, to have a competitive edge to my faction war event. It is indeed important to provide a chance for a low skilled players to play somewhere publicly broadcasted but I do not want my event to serve that purpose. As hard as balancing matches with 6 players is, I believe mixing up high skill and low skill players is the worst way to do it out of all the ways to balance a team game. I would rather recommend setting up a separate low level Faction War event for that purpose. I think you can organize low skill faction war event. Although it can be confusing on the first try, it is not that hard to organize an event once you give it a go. First time is the hardest and it becomes real easy from the second time on wards.
"Excalibur!"
"Excalibur!"
"Excalibur!"
"Excalibur!"
Grand Piano
Level 0

Postby Grand Piano » Sat 13 Aug, 2016 2:01 pm

I can play on both days, any faction

Don't have the games played/levels required (or w/e) but i'm pretty sure someone can vouch for me
The Licking Boogyman
Level 3

Postby The Licking Boogyman » Sat 13 Aug, 2016 2:10 pm

Hold on, win/lose ratios are bugged for me (dont know if its the same for others), so im like lvl 30 with eldar but says i have 10-20 games which is impossible. By that how should i See how many games i had. Like it will take months till i have 150 wins o.O. I know my response is too late but what about actual gaming time, when We talk about skill. I mean if ppl want to win they either way gonna take Main races, am i right ? And time is more reliable then win/lose ratio because its bugged for me and well lvl 60 doesnt mean anything because i too beat some lvl 60 players when i dont have one army lvl 60. Also time isnt something you can just erase or accidently delete. I know there is the saying that ppl will gather hours by lobby and idle time, but i say its the most accurate thing of those 3 options.
Impregnable
Level 4

Postby Impregnable » Sat 13 Aug, 2016 2:47 pm

Grand Piano wrote:I can play on both days, any faction

Don't have the games played/levels required (or w/e) but i'm pretty sure someone can vouch for me

Thanks for the support but please do know that people who signed up early gets priority in participating in a match.
"Excalibur!"
"Excalibur!"
"Excalibur!"
"Excalibur!"
Grand Piano
Level 0

Postby Grand Piano » Sat 13 Aug, 2016 2:53 pm

k
Impregnable
Level 4

Postby Impregnable » Sat 13 Aug, 2016 2:55 pm

The Licking Boogyman wrote:Hold on, win/lose ratios are bugged for me (dont know if its the same for others), so im like lvl 30 with eldar but says i have 10-20 games which is impossible. By that how should i See how many games i had. Like it will take months till i have 150 wins o.O. I know my response is too late but what about actual gaming time, when We talk about skill. I mean if ppl want to win they either way gonna take Main races, am i right ? And time is more reliable then win/lose ratio because its bugged for me and well lvl 60 doesnt mean anything because i too beat some lvl 60 players when i dont have one army lvl 60. Also time isnt something you can just erase or accidently delete. I know there is the saying that ppl will gather hours by lobby and idle time, but i say its the most accurate thing of those 3 options.

I actually had a mind to make it 200 wins but thought it was too extreme. If judging by playing hours, I would say the lowest requirement is above 1000hrs played. Of course at least 95% of hours logged in must be from playing multiplayer alone. Observing, watching replays, playing campaigns, playing last stand absolutely does not count. Game Modes 1 v 1 , 2 v 2, 3 v 3 doesn't matter though. If I had it my way, it would be both above 150 wins for a faction and above 1000hrs to make sure but I didn't want to take it that far so for now will stick to 150 wins and army level 60. If a player is skilled enough and doesn't lose it by bug, it would on average take about 800hrs at the least to achieve that amount of wins according to my experience.
"Excalibur!"
"Excalibur!"
"Excalibur!"
"Excalibur!"
Mathis
Level 1

Postby Mathis » Sat 13 Aug, 2016 5:15 pm

I can play on both dates
Cyris
Level 4

Postby Cyris » Sat 13 Aug, 2016 10:49 pm

I want to apologize for messing up the schedule! I should have been more direct - my schedule is random, but if I have time on game day I'll log in, and be filler for whoever, whatever.
Impregnable
Level 4

Postby Impregnable » Wed 17 Aug, 2016 2:35 am

Thank you everyone for participating on both days as planned. Please look forward to 2 v 2 tournament at the end of the month and next Faction War event at the 3rd weekend of September.
"Excalibur!"
"Excalibur!"
"Excalibur!"
"Excalibur!"

Return to “Tournaments”