Monthly Faction War (Event) on July 2nd AND 3rd, 2016 @ 17:00 UTC

Tournament discussion and registration.
Impregnable
Level 4

Monthly Faction War (Event) on July 2nd AND 3rd, 2016 @ 17:00 UTC

Postby Impregnable » Tue 14 Jun, 2016 3:44 am

Monthly Faction War is an event for entertainment purposes not a tournament. Sorry about title being quite misleading.

Date:
http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/f ... =1440&ah=4
Check and convert time in the above link. It is around UTC 1500 (5 pm)

July 2nd (Saturday)
July 3rd (Sunday)

Preamble:
Hello everyone. This is Impregnable and I am here to announce that I wish to organize monthly faction wars and 2 v 2 tournament starting from July for an year. DOW 3 is coming and I felt it is about time I provide some entertainment for people of Elite Mod forum.

Monthly Faction War will be at the start of every month while 2 v 2 tournament will be at the end of every month.

I plan to organize Monthly Team Tournament on July 30, 31. Registration thread will be set up on 17th of July. In the meanwhile, I will ask questions to Atlas and look at his past posts to learn how to properly organize a tourney.

To prevent burn outs, either one of Monthly Faction War or Monthly Team Tournament will be skipped once every 2 months.
For example: July - MFW, MTT / August - MTT / Semptember - MFW, MTT / October - MFW

Will announce which one will be skipped at least 1 month beforehand and I plan to skip MFW for August. There is a possibility that I won't skip an event at all.

Send email to yyj-101@hanmail.net or to private message in forums if you have any questions. I check it once a day or at least once in two days so feel free to send messages.

Confirmed Caster
GeneralsGentlemen
BbBos

Confirmed Streamer
BbBos (Saturday)

- Each player is required to have army level 60 in the faction they represent. If it was lost by bug, inform me through comments below when registering.
- A player can sign up for multiple factions as long as they have army level 60.
- Each team is recommended to have a leader who has played in MRT or any other tournament in the past using that faction as a main.
- This is not needed for a the second team of the Faction which was formed because there were more than 3 reserves
- It is not required to have reserves. If there are more than 3 reserves for a Faction, I will make it a separate team unless those guys do not want to.
- There are no other requirements for registration.
- Registration is first come first served.
- Leave comments below for sign up. Should include following
1) In game ID
2) Date / Either July 2nd or 3rd (Can apply for both dates)
3) Faction / Can sign up for multiple factions

Event Rules

Which Faction War to do will be decided by how many player I get for each faction.

Game Format
2.5.1 patch
3 VS 3
Victory Point Control: 500 VPs
Starting Location: Random
Resources: Standard

1. Number of Matches
- Total of 6 matches will be played divided into 2 best of 3 series.
- The third match will be played regardless of the result of first two matches.
- There will be 5 minute breaks after each game and a 30 minute break before the second best of 3 starts.
- Players can agree to not to have breaks or to extend or to shorten them.
- No concede will be allowed for match 3 of each best of 3 series

- There will be an extra best of 3 after original event is done. This one will be done by just randomly picking people who are present at the time. I will decide after watching whether it is worth to send the replays of this best of 3.

2. Team Rules
- There can be multiple teams according to how many people I get them for each Faction.
- Each Team consist of 3 starting members and some reserves if they can get them. Having more than 3 reserves qualify for having 1 more team.
- A faction with more than one team can decide to change the team entirely for the second best of 3 or to keep them as reserves. This should be decided by players on the day of event.
- Each team can change the member with reserves after every game.
- There is no restriction on number of people that can be replaced.
- There is no rule for hero selection. Choices such as 3 same hero is allowed but GK is regarded as a separate faction.

3. Map Selection
- First map or each series will be played on Argus Desert Gate
- After that losing team of previous match will pick a map out of below list of maps.
- Same map cannot be played twice within the entirety of 6 games and this includes maps with just different schemes such as different versions of Argus Desert Gate.

3 v 3 Map Pool
Argus Desert Gate (This is always the first map so cannot be picked in other matches)
Calderis Refinery / Other versions
Estia Province
Angel Gate
Argent Shelf Redux / Other versions
Capital Spire Redux
Judgment of Carrion
Typhon Arena Series / Other versions
Meridian High City
Kathari Ruins
Death World Temple
Wrath of Baal
Ashes of Typhon
Siccaris Plateau
White Walls of Calderis
Tiber Outpost
Tartarus Harbor
Kasyr Ruthien Redux

4. Losing Team's Rights
- Losing team of the first best of 3 gains right to ban 2 maps out of the pool. If one version of map is banned, all other maps of the same type will be banned too.
- Whether to exercise this right or not to exercise them at all is up to the losing team.

5. Event Day Preparations
Arrive on that day and be present in the Steam group chat of (http://steamcommunity.com/groups/dow2emrt) In order to enter group chat, simply visit the link above and hit "Enter chat room" through a logged in Steam account.

6. Disconnections / Arriving Late
- If a starting member does not show up within 15 minutes of start of the event and there are no reserves as well, I will contact a person from my friend list who meets the registration requirement or one of the teams can call in one of theirs from friend list or even opposing team's reserves.
- If that missing person happens to arrive during a match, he can participate from the next match on wards if other players agree and replacing person can go to reserves of that team as he sees fit.
- In case of disconnections, that match will be played again on the same map.

7. House Rule
- Additional rules will be decided on the event day according to how many people I can get for each Faction
- Other rules can be decided on the day like banning beacon for SM team and similar stuff

Players:
Ordo Malleus
531st
firatwithin
Torpid (Sunday)
PhatE (Saturday)

Space Marines
531st
firatwithin
Broodwich (Saturday)
Torpid (Sunday)
F1N4L3 (Saturday)
Floid (Saturday)

Chaos
firatwithin
Broodwich (Saturday)
Torpid (Sunday)
Floid (Saturday)

Orks
Broodwich (Saturday)
Torpid (Sunday)
F1N4L3 (Saturday)
Floid (Saturday)
PhatE (Saturday)

Tyranids
Torpid (Sunday)
Floid (Saturday)

Eldar
Torpid (Sunday)
firatwithin
Broodwich (Saturday)
F1N4L3 (Saturday)
PhatE (Saturday)

Imperial Guard
531st
Torpid (Sunday)
Last edited by Impregnable on Sat 02 Jul, 2016 4:31 pm, edited 30 times in total.
"Excalibur!"
"Excalibur!"
"From the United Kingdom!"
"I'm looking for heaven!"
"I'm going to California!"
"Excalibur!"
"Excalibur!"
Torpid

Re: Monthly Faction War on July 2nd & 3rd, 2016 @ 17:00 UTC

Postby Torpid » Tue 14 Jun, 2016 9:49 pm

Bad maps are bad. No interest from me or my boys.

Also, personally I'd suggest banning beacons tbh. They're too strong in teams. If you don't basically every team needs a warlock and that's lame.
Lets make Ordo Malleus great again!
Dark Riku
Level 5

Re: Monthly Faction War on July 2nd & 3rd, 2016 @ 17:00 UTC

Postby Dark Riku » Tue 14 Jun, 2016 10:08 pm

Couple of questions.

This FW basically isn't a real tournament but more of an event thing?
This only has 2 teams?
You swap players from the opposing team into your own team?? So in the next games you just get sabotaged from within??
Don't use random generators. Use fixed maps. It's going to be a mess otherwise.
Getting 3 players together in 1 team is hard enough already. But you want minimum 5 in 1 team? :/
Impregnable
Level 4

Re: Monthly Faction War (Event) on July 2nd & 3rd, 2016 @ 17:00 UTC

Postby Impregnable » Wed 15 Jun, 2016 3:52 am

Dark Riku wrote:Couple of questions.
This FW basically isn't a real tournament but more of an event thing?
This only has 2 teams?
You swap players from the opposing team into your own team?? So in the next games you just get sabotaged from within??
Don't use random generators. Use fixed maps. It's going to be a mess otherwise.
Getting 3 players together in 1 team is hard enough already. But you want minimum 5 in 1 team? :/

It is an event, yes. Not a tournament that is why 3rd match is played regardless and there is two best of 3.
I wish I can get more than 2 teams but its going to be difficult for 3 v 3 so I decided not to do so. Also for that reason I am trying to get more players that is why I wanted reserves just in case some people decide not to show up. In the case of absence, reserves can kick in.
And about that sabotaging issue, I thought this swapping was fine because this is not a tournament. I believed people here were mature enough not to do that as show cased in previous Indrid's FW event. He swapped players back then and it was fine so I put that rule inside. I guess removing it will make it easier for people to understand rules so I will change some rules.
Also I thought using random generator for a 3 map was fine but oh well, fixed starting map is fine too I guess. Will change up on that.

Thanks for the feed back though. If you have more suggestions, please tell me more. This is first time for me organizing an event to this sort of suggestions are always more than welcome.

ServantOfTheForums wrote:Bad maps are bad. No interest from me or my boys.

Also, personally I'd suggest banning beacons tbh. They're too strong in teams. If you don't basically every team needs a warlock and that's lame.

Can you elaborate more on which maps are bad? I will strongly consider removing them. Also that thing about beacon, I will consider too if participants agree to do so. You are free to suggest more.
"Excalibur!"
"Excalibur!"
"Excalibur!"
"Excalibur!"
Oddnerd
Level 4

Re: Monthly Faction War (Event) on July 2nd & 3rd, 2016 @ 17:00 UTC (updated)

Postby Oddnerd » Wed 15 Jun, 2016 5:24 am

I like this idea. I've always wished this game could do more to encourage race wars, since there is no reason for nids to ally with anyone, or for chaos and SM to be on the same team...etc.
Impregnable
Level 4

Re: Monthly Faction War (Event) on July 2nd & 3rd, 2016 @ 17:00 UTC (updated)

Postby Impregnable » Wed 15 Jun, 2016 6:06 am

Oddnerd wrote:I like this idea. I've always wished this game could do more to encourage race wars, since there is no reason for nids to ally with anyone, or for chaos and SM to be on the same team...etc.

You are more than welcome to join if you wish to do. I plan on doing more games if I can get many teams. More teams the better. Also it isn't like first SM team has to play on the second day as well. First and Second Day SM team can be totally different.
"Excalibur!"
"Excalibur!"
"Excalibur!"
"Excalibur!"
Torpid

Postby Torpid » Wed 15 Jun, 2016 3:26 pm

Impregnable wrote:

Can you elaborate more on which maps are bad? I will strongly consider removing them. Also that thing about beacon, I will consider too if participants agree to do so. You are free to suggest more.

All of your chosen maps are the same in style - boring, laney maps. A couple are slighter different such as wraath of baal. But really, it's too much of the same. That is not fair. As certain races will do better on laney maps, certain races do better on big maps. It's a massive personal gripe of mine that in the 3v3 community atm everyone is very lazy and they only play the simpistic, small, laney maps, which really makes SM/Chaos overperform and it leads to artillery spams and SUT spams, and it is just boring since it is the same stuff so often.

I like that you have capital spire redux. But personally I'd have the original as well - it offers an extremely unique gameplay style, that cannot be denied.

Other maps that play out differently from Argus Desert Gate include:

Ashes of Typhon
Siccaris Plateau
White Walls of Calderis
Tiber Outpost

Ashes/white walls actually encourage team play, which is nice for 3v3. Unlike all the other laney ones...

Tiber/Siccaris are larger so you can actually flank and don't have lanes.
Impregnable
Level 4

Postby Impregnable » Wed 15 Jun, 2016 5:03 pm

ServantOfTheForums wrote:
Impregnable wrote:

All of your chosen maps are the same in style - boring, laney maps. A couple are slighter different such as wraath of baal. But really, it's too much of the same. That is not fair. As certain races will do better on laney maps, certain races do better on big maps. It's a massive personal gripe of mine that in the 3v3 community atm everyone is very lazy and they only play the simpistic, small, laney maps, which really makes SM/Chaos overperform and it leads to artillery spams and SUT spams, and it is just boring since it is the same stuff so often.

I like that you have capital spire redux. But personally I'd have the original as well - it offers an extremely unique gameplay style, that cannot be denied.

Other maps that play out differently from Argus Desert Gate include:

Ashes of Typhon
Siccaris Plateau
White Walls of Calderis
Tiber Outpost

Ashes/white walls actually encourage team play, which is nice for 3v3. Unlike all the other laney ones...

Tiber/Siccaris are larger so you can actually flank and don't have lanes.

Sure, I don't see a reason why not to add them to the list. People won't choose them if they don't like certain maps so having them in the list isn't a problem imo.
"Excalibur!"
"Excalibur!"
"Excalibur!"
"Excalibur!"
Impregnable
Level 4

Postby Impregnable » Fri 17 Jun, 2016 5:03 am

Indrid covered SM vs Chaos in his channel. As a result, I added more options for other faction matches. I will see which faction players I can get to decide which one to do.
"Excalibur!"
"Excalibur!"
"Excalibur!"
"Excalibur!"
bibotot
Level 2

Postby bibotot » Tue 21 Jun, 2016 9:12 pm

Is there any chance the Imperial Guards will be on? I would love to represent them.
Impregnable
Level 4

Postby Impregnable » Wed 22 Jun, 2016 8:30 am

Is there any chance the Imperial Guards will be on? I would love to represent them.

Sure, sign up for IG. I think I should change the way I organize these events. I think it will be better for each player to sign for factions they want to represent and pit them against each other. Sign up for IG and for any other faction you want to apply to. I think it is better for a player to sign up for multiple factions. Write down below info for sign up.

1) In game ID
2) Date / Either July 2nd or 3rd
"Excalibur!"
"Excalibur!"
"Excalibur!"
"Excalibur!"
531st
Level 2

Postby 531st » Thu 23 Jun, 2016 5:04 pm

Why not. 3v3 events are thrice as fun :P

1) 531st
2) Any day
3) GK or SM or IG
Oddnerd
Level 4

Postby Oddnerd » Thu 23 Jun, 2016 5:16 pm

I absolutely agree with Torpid's concerns about the map pool. Unless you are okay with SM/CSM dominating the tournament with lowest common denominator douchebag builds, you should pick less laney maps and probably ban relays (or make them T2 only).
Torpid

Postby Torpid » Thu 23 Jun, 2016 6:59 pm

I can play eldar tbf. Or if in a pinch IG.
Impregnable
Level 4

Postby Impregnable » Fri 24 Jun, 2016 2:37 am

Oddnerd wrote:I absolutely agree with Torpid's concerns about the map pool. Unless you are okay with SM/CSM dominating the tournament with lowest common denominator douchebag builds, you should pick less laney maps and probably ban relays (or make them T2 only).

I will import a house rule for that so don't worry. I think most participants would agree to ban beacon even if it last only for T1.
Please post below for joining
1) In game ID
2) Date / Either July 2nd or 3rd (Can be both)

bibotot wrote:Is there any chance the Imperial Guards will be on? I would love to represent them.

Please post below for joining
1) In game ID
2) Date / Either July 2nd or 3rd (Can be both)

Torpid wrote:I can play eldar tbf. Or if in a pinch IG.

Thanks for joining, pls post available date if you can.
"Excalibur!"
"Excalibur!"
"Excalibur!"
"Excalibur!"
Oddnerd
Level 4

Postby Oddnerd » Fri 24 Jun, 2016 5:16 am

1) Oddnerd
2) Either Date
3) Imperial Guard (barely passable as Eldar or SM)
egewithin
Level 5

Postby egewithin » Fri 24 Jun, 2016 5:22 am

Hi, I am here.

Level 60 SM - CSM - IG - ELDAR but I won't play IG unless need a player too much.

36 - 35 Ork and Tyranid.

I also know how to play OM but I just don't. :)
Broodwich
Level 4

Postby Broodwich » Sat 25 Jun, 2016 10:35 pm

Broodwich

Sm
Chaos
Eldar
Orks

Saturday
Fas est ab hoste doceri
Torpid

Postby Torpid » Mon 27 Jun, 2016 3:24 pm

So I can only play on the Sunday,

I can play any race and will do so to balance the teams if they are too imbalanced.
F1N4L3
Level 1

Postby F1N4L3 » Tue 28 Jun, 2016 9:19 am

I can play Saturday

Eldar
Orks
Space Marine

F1N4L3
BbBoS
Shoutcaster

Postby BbBoS » Tue 28 Jun, 2016 8:58 pm

If this is on Saturday I will stream.

If it is on Sunday I will cast some of the replays if GeneralsGentlemen don't mind sharing :)
Impregnable
Level 4

Postby Impregnable » Wed 29 Jun, 2016 12:34 am

BbBoS wrote:If this is on Saturday I will stream.

If it is on Sunday I will cast some of the replays if GeneralsGentlemen don't mind sharing :)

It will be on both Saturday and Sunday so you are free to stream one or both of the day. Replays aren't exclusive to him. I will give you montage for both days if you wish.
"Excalibur!"
"Excalibur!"
"Excalibur!"
"Excalibur!"
Floid
Level 2

Re: Monthly Faction War (Event) on July 2nd AND 3rd, 2016 @ 17:00 UTC

Postby Floid » Wed 29 Jun, 2016 2:13 pm

Hi.

I would prefeer Nids of course, if not orks, caos or sm. And Saturday because of MRT.
PhatE
Level 3

Postby PhatE » Wed 29 Jun, 2016 2:57 pm

If this were done on a public holiday for Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, The Earth, The Galaxy, The Universe, etc, etc then I could do the Orks/Eldar stuff. if OM were it's own faction then that would work as well.
Stream - http://www.twitch.tv/phatness_

Since everyone forgets, my timezone is AEST (UTC/GMT) +10 hours. AEDT is (UTC/GMT) +11 hours. Hopefully no-one tells me what time any tournament is on.
Impregnable
Level 4

Postby Impregnable » Thu 30 Jun, 2016 1:09 am

PhatE wrote:If this were done on a public holiday for Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, The Earth, The Galaxy, The Universe, etc, etc then I could do the Orks/Eldar stuff. if OM were it's own faction then that would work as well.

If you are living in Australia, assuming that DST didn't kick in, it should be around 11 pm on both Saturday and Sunday. If DST kicks in, it is 12 am Sunday and Monday since it is technically the next day once you are past midnight at 12 am. So are you sure you can join?
"Excalibur!"
"Excalibur!"
"Excalibur!"
"Excalibur!"
Oddnerd
Level 4

Postby Oddnerd » Fri 01 Jul, 2016 9:21 pm

Hey Impregnable, I need to withdraw from the tourney... I'm sorry for pulling out so late, but our house is being renovated and the electricity is going to be going on/off intermittently for the next half of a week or so.
Impregnable
Level 4

Postby Impregnable » Fri 01 Jul, 2016 11:03 pm

Oddnerd wrote:Hey Impregnable, I need to withdraw from the tourney... I'm sorry for pulling out so late, but our house is being renovated and the electricity is going to be going on/off intermittently for the next half of a week or so.

Ok
"Excalibur!"
"Excalibur!"
"Excalibur!"
"Excalibur!"
PhatE
Level 3

Postby PhatE » Sat 02 Jul, 2016 4:36 am

Impregnable wrote:
PhatE wrote:If this were done on a public holiday for Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, The Earth, The Galaxy, The Universe, etc, etc then I could do the Orks/Eldar stuff. if OM were it's own faction then that would work as well.

If you are living in Australia, assuming that DST didn't kick in, it should be around 11 pm on both Saturday and Sunday. If DST kicks in, it is 12 am Sunday and Monday since it is technically the next day once you are past midnight at 12 am. So are you sure you can join?

We run on AEST here in Melbourne which is +10/+11 UTC which makes it 3am at the current time it's set to. Western Australia is closer to 12am/1am.

Regardless, if it's held on a Sunday (my Monday) I could never participate without there being a public holiday or it being on a Saturday as people work on Monday's over here. Crazy, I know...

If it were on a regular day then the organisation and timing would have to be immaculately perfect, but I'm yet to see that happen. I'm pretty over people fucking around, taking their time and inconveniencing everyone without a worthy excuse when they agree to participate just like the rest of us.

It's really rude and people who do that shouldn't be able to participate in these things as it's a clear sign they don't take it seriously.
Last edited by PhatE on Mon 04 Jul, 2016 2:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Stream - http://www.twitch.tv/phatness_

Since everyone forgets, my timezone is AEST (UTC/GMT) +10 hours. AEDT is (UTC/GMT) +11 hours. Hopefully no-one tells me what time any tournament is on.
Cyris
Level 4

Postby Cyris » Sun 03 Jul, 2016 4:58 pm

My Sunday cleared up. I can play any faction as filler.
Torpid

Postby Torpid » Sun 03 Jul, 2016 5:21 pm

Cyris wrote:My Sunday cleared up. I can play any faction as filler.

Nobody wants to do it on sunday apparently :L

I mean, it does clash with the MRT which is awks tbf.

Return to “Tournaments”