MRT 14 on Saturday, May 23rd 18:00 CET

Tournament discussion and registration.
Dark Riku
Level 5

Re: MRT 14 on May 23rd

Postby Dark Riku » Tue 12 May, 2015 6:42 pm

Grant me the names of those responsible for changing the date to the 23rd so I can smite them down with holy fury!
Atlas

Postby Atlas » Wed 13 May, 2015 12:04 am

Alright Cheekie is withdrawn and Wise Windu is added.

Just so you know, I'm updating the opening post even if I don't respond to you in the thread. You're all taken care of.

And don't worry Riku! I've already got some plans for the next two tourneys (<- assuming no one else wants to do them) so there'll be more chances!
Carnevour
Level 2

Postby Carnevour » Wed 13 May, 2015 1:04 am

So do i need post here to apply for the tournament?
Atlas

Postby Atlas » Wed 13 May, 2015 5:32 am

Carnevour wrote:So do i need post here to apply for the tournament?

This is the place to do it! Just give me your steam name and what three heroes you would play as. Welcome aboard.
Carnevour
Level 2

Postby Carnevour » Wed 13 May, 2015 4:03 pm

Well steam name Carnevour, im guessing Chaos Sorcerer, Chaos Lord and Mek boy.
ben1993
Level 1

Postby ben1993 » Wed 13 May, 2015 7:04 pm

ben1993, lictor, warp spider, plague champ. thank you
Atlas

Postby Atlas » Wed 13 May, 2015 7:35 pm

You're both added. Welcome aboard!

Edit: Also corrected a small mistake in Hero Roster. There's 3 Lictors, not 2 :P
Asmon
Level 4

Postby Asmon » Wed 13 May, 2015 8:14 pm

Dark Riku wrote:Grant me the names of those responsible for changing the date to the 23rd so I can smite them down with holy fury!

So it will be the 23rd now? I thought we talked about the 17th. Anyway the 23rd is fine for me.
Atlas

Postby Atlas » Wed 13 May, 2015 8:37 pm

Asmon wrote:
Dark Riku wrote:Grant me the names of those responsible for changing the date to the 23rd so I can smite them down with holy fury!

So it will be the 23rd now? I thought we talked about the 17th. Anyway the 23rd is fine for me.

Yes Asmon, it got changed to the 23rd since the feedback I got was that that date was preferable for people. Ty for being so accommodating!
RedRupee
Shoutcaster

Postby RedRupee » Wed 13 May, 2015 8:46 pm

This date is win, I'm totally down to handle some streaming/casting/rambling/goofing off. Put me down for it!
Follow RedRupee casts on Steam - Facebook - Twitter !
Youtube
Instagram
Toilailee
Champion

Postby Toilailee » Thu 14 May, 2015 2:25 am

RedRupee wrote:This date is win, I'm totally down to handle some streaming/casting/rambling/goofing off. Put me down for it!

Yes
Swift I: You're not a nerd, you're just a very gifted social spastic
xHoLyHammerx
Level 0

Postby xHoLyHammerx » Thu 14 May, 2015 7:45 am

xHoLyHammerx

wse
Slaaneshi Cacophony
Level 2

Postby Slaaneshi Cacophony » Thu 14 May, 2015 11:08 am

Atlas put it to me and I'd totally be up for doing some streaming/light casting again for the tourney on my channel!
Atlas

Postby Atlas » Thu 14 May, 2015 6:36 pm

MaxPower wrote:Okay, got the information that I have early shift during the MRT, which means that I am able to stream it (maybe not the finals but atleast some games). :)

RedRupee wrote:This date is win, I'm totally down to handle some streaming/casting/rambling/goofing off. Put me down for it!

Slaneeshi Cacophony wrote:Atlas put it to me and I'd totally be up for doing some streaming/light casting again for the tourney on my channel!

Of course bros! I've got you covered :P

I'm going to have a chat with all the possible streamers a few days before the tourney and then immediately before the tourney starts in order to coordinate people, make sure we don't have overlapping streams of the same game and so on and so forth.

To that effect, be ready to get a lot of messages on Steam and preferably have Teamspeak ready to go as well on tourney day. if you need help with any of that, let me know and I'll set you up.

Also, HolyHammer you've been added welcome aboard!
dark heretic
Level 1

Postby dark heretic » Fri 15 May, 2015 8:34 pm

Dark Heretic

Warp spider
Warlock
Farseer
#codexissalty
Classy David
Level 0

Postby Classy David » Fri 15 May, 2015 8:54 pm

Classy Brother Captain David
Reserve
BC, FC, & LC

Not much of a 1v1 player but it does look fun!
Aguxyz
Level 3

Postby Aguxyz » Fri 15 May, 2015 10:27 pm

Aguxyz
MekMan,WAGHHBOSS,SkillLord
Though im not sure it ill be there but more than likely i will
"Does the Seer see its own doom!?" -Tau commander
2torpid4u: You still haven't sucked my big pink nipples Agu :(
Atlas

Postby Atlas » Sat 16 May, 2015 1:48 am

Aguxyz wrote:Aguxyz
MekMan,WAGHHBOSS,SkillLord
Though im not sure it ill be there but more than likely i will

"Not sures" go into the reserve list. The only real difference between a reserve and a regular is that you won't be seeded until the day of the tourney. You can see the seeds a few days before the tournament starts, in the bracket page.

Don't worry I'll link it when it's ready. Anyway, welcome aboard Agu!
Tex
Level 4

Postby Tex » Sat 16 May, 2015 4:52 am

It is appearing as though I will be able to play. I will keep you posted.

yuuzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
debuger
Level 0

Postby debuger » Sat 16 May, 2015 8:02 am

Atlas

Postby Atlas » Sat 16 May, 2015 8:38 am

Alright debuger you've been added, welcome aboard!

As for Tex, I've moved you from reserve to a normal slot now. No changes otherwise, glad you could make it!
Crewfinity
Level 4

Postby Crewfinity » Sat 16 May, 2015 6:28 pm

Atlas you better get on top of your shit after the tourney and get all the VOD's up. It's shaping up to be a good one, I wanna see the results after I'm back from my travels :D
Atlas

Postby Atlas » Sun 17 May, 2015 12:56 am

Crewfinity wrote:Atlas you better get on top of your shit after the tourney and get all the VOD's up. It's shaping up to be a good one, I wanna see the results after I'm back from my travels :D

I always keep vods of my stream and as far as I could tell it's the only vods of MRT 14 I can still find :P
But yes, I'll try to archive as much as I could and make sure the streamers do the same.
Atlas

Postby Atlas » Thu 21 May, 2015 2:33 am

Alright update time and a couple heads-ups!

Within the next 24 hours, I'm going to go ahead and seed all the regular players. This means that you'll know who you will be facing in the first round as well as a general overview of what your tourney route is going to look like. Head over to the Bracket page to see that!

There's a chance I'll need to step out for at least an hour or two during the tournament, so I'm also looking for any adjuncts/co-admins who are willing to take care of the gameday stuff. Honestly, this should be fairly easy as I should have the final bracket done before I need to go so most questions will be regarding any weird scenarios that happen during tourney.

As for you streamers/casters/referees, I'll be contacting you in the next day or two to make sure you're all handled too. I'd really advise you to either have TeamSpeak ready to go* or be on the ball with Steam messages either to me (Atlas in the Elite Mod Playtesting group) or the adjuncts on game day. I want a good, clean and quick tourney without silly delays.

Also, Forest you're on reserve now I didn't forget :P

*Teamspeak server information is:
Server Address: mined.nu:9991
Nickname: Preferably your normal Steam handle
No password
Atlas

Postby Atlas » Thu 21 May, 2015 5:15 am

Posting again to say that the Bracket is up now. Tex, I moved you back to reserve since I re-read your post and that wasn't a "for sure".

Expect some Steam messages from me soon in order to re-confirm that you're all showing up :P
Toilailee
Champion

Postby Toilailee » Thu 21 May, 2015 7:01 pm

Keep up the good work.
Swift I: You're not a nerd, you're just a very gifted social spastic
Atlas

Postby Atlas » Fri 22 May, 2015 11:41 pm

Alright so almost all of you rsvp'd with a "yes" which makes me very excited! This is just a short primer for everyone from player to watcher.

All the games are going to be a best of 3 with the exception of the finals, which is a best of 5. The first map of every round is predecided. If you don't know what that map is, check out the brackets, and it'll be listed on the top. You are not locked into any one hero, and you may switch freely every game so long as it's 1 of the 3 heroes you selected before the tournament started.

If you're confused as to the general rules of the tournament, make sure to check out the general rules thread.

Streamers and participants, make sure to not only save your replays, but to report them either in the Dow2 Elite MRT Steam group chat or directly to me in Steam. Those are the only places I will be looking for updates on score for the brackets.

For you viewers out there, the current "for-sure" streams that will be on are Max Power, Slaneeshi Cacophony, Red Rupee and Corteaz.
Atlas

Postby Atlas » Sat 23 May, 2015 6:20 am

I'm highlighting this section of the rules in case there is confusion regarding hero and map pick order:

Hero Picks
The player in the top bracket will lock in his commander first for the first round. In the next game the player in the bottom of the bracket will lock into their commander first. (<- it will keep alternating for game 3 and 4) To check out who is on the top and bottom of your cell bracket, just see the Brackets page. If your name is blue, you're top of the bracket. If red, bottom of the bracket.

In the final game of the round, game 3 or game 5 depending on the format, victory points left from all the previous games will be summarized and based on them, the player who had less victory points left will be choosing his hero first.

Map Picks
The first round of a match will always be a fixed map as shown in the brackets.
No map can be played more than once within a match. Each player will have the option to veto a single map during a match, excluding the first round map.

The rounds that follow will be "loser's choice".
The loser will pick a map.

This means that you need to count your VPs as it will effect who picks their hero first in the 3rd/5th game.

The loser of a match will always count as 0 vps. What this means is that let's say that your opponent concedes at a score in game of 445-115, it counts as 445-0. I recommend you just keep a notepad file up so that you can keep a small record for yourself since while I'll try to keep them myself, it's almost inevitable I'm going to lose track. Obviously, whoever had the most vps total will then pick their hero first in the last match.

P.S. Also for convenience:

The 1v1 Map Pool
  • Ashes of Typhon
  • Calderis Refinery
  • Fedrid Folly
  • Green Tooth Gorge
  • Ice Station Obelis
  • Judgment of Carrion
  • Leviathan Hive
  • Quest's Heresy
  • Siwal Frontier
  • Green Tooth Jungle Redux
  • Jarilo's Forge
Swift

Postby Swift » Sat 23 May, 2015 11:37 am

Were we adding Imperial Plaza? It might be a good way to show off Elite maps.
The internal battery has run dry, the game can now be played. However, clock based events will no longer occur.
Atlas

Postby Atlas » Sat 23 May, 2015 10:30 pm

Congrats to Tex for putting on an amazing series along with Holyhammer and snatching victory form the jaws of defeat! A well-fought tournament all around with lots of exciting games!

I'll get with all of you personally to sort out your prizes!

Look for MRT 15 to come up in the next few days!

Return to “Tournaments”