Monthly Rumble Tournament - general rules!

Tournament discussion and registration.
Torpid

Re: Monthly Rumble Tournament - general rules!

Postby Torpid » Mon 24 Feb, 2014 10:21 pm

Wurgl wrote:
That Torpid Gamer wrote:#1 seems perfectly fine to me, it's all part of the ability, these things are part of those wargears.

The rest are bullshit, I have to agree.

#3 really really annoys me...

i dont think its intended that knockback while capping cancels the ability to retreat

ohhhhh, I totally forgot about that. Well that makes much more sense. Problem being what Riku said, it's not enforceable really.
Lets make Ordo Malleus great again!
Asmon
Level 4

Postby Asmon » Tue 25 Feb, 2014 12:37 pm

It depends if the ability is cancelable or not. If not, then you can't retreat, otherwise you can. Same goes with capping. Sometimes the bug happens ie the unit keeps capturing while moving away from the point. Sometimes it does not thus you can retreat.
Wurgl
Level 1

Postby Wurgl » Tue 25 Feb, 2014 5:04 pm

Asmon wrote:It depends if the ability is cancelable or not. If not, then you can't retreat, otherwise you can. Same goes with capping. Sometimes the bug happens ie the unit keeps capturing while moving away from the point. Sometimes it does not thus you can retreat.

im not sure if thats correct

for example, destructor can be canceled, but if u get full-autoed while casting it you cant retreat
Asmon
Level 4

Postby Asmon » Tue 25 Feb, 2014 10:05 pm

Nope you can :p
Wurgl
Level 1

Postby Wurgl » Wed 26 Feb, 2014 12:35 am

Asmon wrote:Nope you can :p

nah man i dont rly believe that

same for fleshhook, grenades, ... ofc theres a difference to smth like immolate (totally impossible to ever retreat until its fully casted) but with every ability there is a reasonably big delay that usually means death
Dark Riku
Level 5

Postby Dark Riku » Wed 26 Feb, 2014 9:29 pm

Update! - See original post.
Eerie

Postby Eerie » Mon 03 Mar, 2014 9:38 pm

Major changes to the commander picking and 2v2 tournament rules. Please read the first post!!!
Ace of Swords
Level 5

Postby Ace of Swords » Mon 03 Mar, 2014 9:42 pm

Calderis Refinery

Valderus Refinery

What's the point of having a reskinned map act as a completely different one?
Eerie

Postby Eerie » Mon 03 Mar, 2014 10:22 pm

Ace of Swords wrote:
Calderis Refinery

Valderus Refinery

What's the point of having a reskinned map act as a completely different one?

Because why not : d? I hope it ain't gonna be any kind of a problem.
Ace of Swords
Level 5

Postby Ace of Swords » Mon 03 Mar, 2014 10:26 pm

Then there is no logic behind the rule that the same map can't be played twice in the same BO, aside from that there is also a reskin of medean cliff mines which wasn't included.
Dark Riku
Level 5

Postby Dark Riku » Tue 04 Mar, 2014 12:14 am

Yeah. That doesn't make any sense ^^
They should be allowed to be played though. Something like:

The 2v2 map pool:
  • Calderis Refinery - Valderus Refinery
  • Medean Cliff Mines - whatever this one is called
  • Golgotha Depths
  • Ashes of Typhon
  • Hydris Chasm
  • Argus Desert Gate
  • Desert Showdown
  • Judgement of Carrion
  • Ruins of Argus
Ace of Swords
Level 5

Postby Ace of Swords » Tue 11 Mar, 2014 4:38 pm

At this point we all know how this game works and how the balance of races work in a circle where X > Y > U > K > X, what I mean is that 1 race can easily beat another, but the race that loses can easily beat another one and the circle goes on...

That said, I was thinking that atleast for 1v1 tournament games the balance itself would greatly improve if there was the possibility to ban 1 race so not single heroes from a single set which means that during a BO3 or BO5 at any time before starting the game player A can say: 'I ban nids' which permanently blocks the usage of that race only for the opponent for the duration of the series and cannot be changed at all once decided(so the same player that banned nids cannot change his mind later and ban eldar), of course player B can decide to do the same.

Now this obviously raises many concerns and wouldn't work with the actual rules as one player that chooses 3 heroes of the same race wouldn't be able to play, that's why the rule should be changed that you can only have 1 hero per race selected, I really think that this would promote more balanced games overall, aswell as increasing the skill factor of all the players simply because knowing how to play 3 race is in fact more skilful than just knowing how to play 1.

I'd really like to hear everyone's opinion and especially from Eerie.
crazyman64335
Shoutcaster

Postby crazyman64335 » Tue 11 Mar, 2014 4:45 pm

but then how does 1 counter random ace? because if a player says they ban nids and the other player randoms nids doesn't that defeat the purpose? remake or something? :?:
Ace of Swords
Level 5

Postby Ace of Swords » Tue 11 Mar, 2014 4:46 pm

I think random shouldn't be allowed honestly, but yes it can come down to agreement that if the banned race comes up it's a remake, also, with this change the 3 hero rule could be expanded to 1 hero for each race.
Vapor
Level 3

Postby Vapor » Tue 11 Mar, 2014 5:15 pm

Ace that sounds like a nice rule variant but I don't think it should be the standard rules. Being the best DoW2 player everrrrrrrr with a single race/hero should be rewarded even if they don't play any other races. I guess it's a judgment call whether it's "better" to be best with one hero or second-best with three. In any case being able to outright ban your opponent's favorite race/hero seems a bit much.

I think it would be cool if there was a tournament where players would pick their opponents' heroes. :mrgreen:

Also random is bullshit from a purely competitive standpoint but it's probably ok for these tourneys...
Follow my stream! twitch.tv/frozenvapor100
Raffa
Level 4

Postby Raffa » Tue 11 Mar, 2014 5:24 pm

What you mean is you are sick of having to play Lictor/Chaos Lord/Lord General/Warlock to be most competitive in 1v1 tourney games. Unless you are Noisy or Holyhammer who can make Sorcerer and Warboss work against those heroes.

Certain heroes will always be stronger than others, but I can cite our games as examples of how playing a hero that you would not consider your best (i.e. Lictor) dramatically changes games from being competitive to stomps. Against Noisy's Apothecary I expect a competitive, but quite long, game. Against Floid's Lictor I know if I lose one major engagement and am forced off that is it. GG.

Yes I think Lictor should be banned from tournament play. And no that is not because I hate on Tyranids (quite the opposite in fact, read my posts on them).
Torpid

Postby Torpid » Tue 11 Mar, 2014 6:36 pm

+1 to what ace said and

fv100 wrote:I think it would be cool if there was a tournament where players would pick their opponents' heroes."

This is an excellent idea.
Lets make Ordo Malleus great again!
Bahamut
Level 4

Postby Bahamut » Tue 11 Mar, 2014 10:08 pm

Ace of Swords wrote:That said, I was thinking that atleast for 1v1 tournament games the balance itself would greatly improve if there was the possibility to ban 1 race so not single heroes from a single set which means that during a BO3 or BO5 at any time before starting the game player A can say: 'I ban nids' which permanently blocks the usage of that race only for the opponent for the duration of the series and cannot be changed at all once decided(so the same player that banned nids cannot change his mind later and ban eldar), of course player B can decide to do the same.

Doesn't that completely defeats the purpose of Elite mod?.

I can see players using their 'veto' to ban their opponent's hero pick, which is quite different
Unconscious
Level 2

Postby Unconscious » Sat 29 Mar, 2014 2:15 am

Picking opponents heroes is interesting.

How about having limited compositions for the durations of the tournaments, or even a standard game.

Imagine the Space Marine Cruiser only has a limited amounted of certain
units (perhaps excluding some, and having more of others)

As we know different Space Marines companies have different formations and compositions. Some more Assault/ Mech/Devastator. This is the same for all races/ fluff and otherwise.

You could basically get a pick of a straw and find out what you have.
Its sort of random, without being random.

This in harmony with choosing your opponents hero could change the mindset
into something creative and fun where players start the game with a fresh mindset around adaptability, learning and trying to make the best of challenging circumstances!

This also adds character and a bit of a story to the game, as rather than coming across the *same list* Your up against..

Mek BuzzGob and the Loota-Trukka Boys.

(Ork force composition has 4 slugga, 1 Shoota 5 Loota, 5 Trukk, 3 Stikk Bombs, 4 Looted Tank, 1 Battle wagon)

If you lose one of them in a campaign,you have lost it permanently leading to the factor of scarcity. After the game you add up if a unit has been wiped and add it to the list.

Notice the exclusion of certain Ork units to basically encourage variation toward a kind of
Siege-Ork-Composition and fun with Trukks. You dont know how exactly your going to do it, but your going to have to find out how!

aka Alexander / Eye0fHoruS.
RagingJenni
Shoutcaster

Postby RagingJenni » Sun 27 Jul, 2014 9:51 pm

I've started to upload games from MRT #11 to the MRT Youtube Channel! The games that are to be uploaded are those commentated by me and Toilailee during yesterdays stream and features several different matchups. I will keep uploading them throughout the week, so keep your eyes on the channel. 8-) The first game of Nurland vs. [TLV]Soul_Drinkers is already up!
"Then he sang softly nigh the pearly rim, But the sad dweller by the sea-ways lone
Changed all he sang to inarticulate moan, Among her wildering whirls, forgetting him"
Ace of Swords
Level 5

Postby Ace of Swords » Tue 29 Jul, 2014 2:18 am

I made a little something, the official sponsor for the next tourney.

crazyman64335
Shoutcaster

Postby crazyman64335 » Tue 29 Jul, 2014 2:58 am

i click purchase now but there's no link?

(waiting for the COH2 version)
Ven
Level 3

Postby Ven » Thu 08 Jan, 2015 2:11 am

so what happened to MRT? since the championship i havent seen anything about MRT. are there not going to be anymore MRTs? i would love to sign up for the next one.

My Twitch where i occasionally stream myself pwning/getting pwned on elite mod, i seem to bounce between the two on a game to game basis. - http://www.Twitch.tv/Venkitsune
Swift

Postby Swift » Thu 08 Jan, 2015 7:47 am

Ven wrote:so what happened to MRT? since the championship i havent seen anything about MRT. are there not going to be anymore MRTs? i would love to sign up for the next one.

I'm very sure, Eerie just says he's been taking a break from them, you'll see them pop up at some point this year.
The internal battery has run dry, the game can now be played. However, clock based events will no longer occur.
Dark Riku
Level 5

Postby Dark Riku » Mon 12 Jan, 2015 1:40 am

And you'll see Swift host some aaaaany time now... :p
Swift

Postby Swift » Mon 12 Jan, 2015 1:34 pm

Dark Riku wrote:And you'll see Swift host some aaaaany time now... :p

Maps, tournaments, coursework. This is going to be a fun year :D
The internal battery has run dry, the game can now be played. However, clock based events will no longer occur.
Atlas

Postby Atlas » Thu 30 Apr, 2015 11:55 pm

Are we considering Imperial Plaza for the 1v1 map pool?
Swift

Postby Swift » Fri 01 May, 2015 9:38 pm

Atlas wrote:Are we considering Imperial Plaza for the 1v1 map pool?

I would, I think the map is good and the tournaments would be more interesting with more maps.
Atlas

Postby Atlas » Sun 28 Jun, 2015 3:55 am

Rules are getting changed after this last tournament. Guaranteed. Too many silly things happened that shouldn't have and we're going to make sure they don't get repeated.

Things are going to get a lot cleaner and a lot stricter very soon. I'll keep you updated.
destructomat
Level 2

Postby destructomat » Tue 14 Jul, 2015 5:18 am

Why is burn dat house hamstrung?
Arrogant mammal.

Return to “Tournaments”