A surprise TFFA tourney

Tournament discussion and registration.
BeholdenBaton11
Level 0

A surprise TFFA tourney

Postby BeholdenBaton11 » Wed 20 Dec, 2023 9:27 pm

Yeah...TFFA tourney... everyone's favourite gamemode... less go?

ESL Reporter is required to be turned on for EVERY.SINGLE.GAME.It will help me with any disputes, had they arise.

1) WHEN?
February 2024

2)How to join?

Just write comment here with your steam name and,if you have one, your teamate's name.Tourney will take place only if we have 18 players. Any players that go above 18 will not be accepted. It's the only way I could think of making this gamemode work,sorry.Team numbers will be asigned on the day of the tourney. You can join in alone but premade teams will take precedens over solo players.

3)Format of play
-Tourney will be played on 2.9.9.1 version of Elite Mod unless there is a patch in the meantime.If the patch comes and is bugged as heck we will go back to 2.9.9.1
-All games will be played in TFFA(Team Free for All)1500 VP format,random starting location
The teams that will play together are written below,I didn't put them in order every time, so you might need to find your team in this chaos. No team will play against the same team more than once.

3.1)Scoring and Tiebreakers
Teams final score will be the sum of Victory Points(VP's) they collect through their 4 games. Eg: 1500+1200+1000+500 VP 's gained would give the team a score of 4200.
If,somehow,teams get the same score I have prepared some tiebreakers,in order of importance
1)Who won their game
2)Score in the game between the teams in question
3)Amount of victories the teams had throughout the tourney
4)Rock paper scissors first to 3 wins(https://www.rpsgame.org/)

4)Map Picks
Maps will be decided by me before the tourney, I need to check what are their names cause TFFA is a foreign land.(I might decide that maps will be rolled, we will see)

5)Hero Picks
You only need to tell your race before the game starts. Realistically it's only applicable to SM and OM. No need to call out heros.
Each race may only be picked once per player.

6)Disconnections/Soundbugs
-If the Disconnection(SB/Steam) happens in first 2 minutes of a match game is remade.Please provide scrennies if it's steam DC,thanks.
-Any game with Disconnect after 90 seconds will be remade if the players from the teams that DIDN'T have any DC's agree on a rematch.

7)Forbidden stuff

-That one immolator bug(and any "HOTW" bugs)
-Banter is acceptable but don't be too much of a Richard.
-TG pathblocking in shield wall. I don't like it. Other pathblocking is cool.
Each instance of aboosing a bug is -150 VP's in the final score

8)Prize Pool
Maybe?

Return to “Tournaments”