2 v 2 Tourney with a twist(Format Updated!)

Tournament discussion and registration.
BeholdenBaton11
Level 0

2 v 2 Tourney with a twist(Format Updated!)

Postby BeholdenBaton11 » Wed 20 Dec, 2023 8:21 pm

We haven't had 2v2 tourneys in a hot while. So I decided to host one, with a new premise, that I am sure hasn't been tried before. All players of all skills are welcome, you might sing up in teams or solo, I will try to give everyone a team to the best of my abilities. Number of brackets will be dependant on number of participating players(I am hoping for at least A and B brackets,but who knows what will happen).

ESL Reporter is required to be turned on for EVERY.SINGLE.GAME.It will help me with any disputes, had they arise.

1) WHEN?
14/01/2024
17 o'clock CET

1.1)WHAT DIV IS MY TEAM?
Div A+Div A/B/C players are Div A team
Div B+Div B/C players are Div B team
Div C+Div C players are Div C team(only applicable if we have Div C)
Tl;dr : Highest division player in the team decides the division in which team will be in

2)How to join?
Just write comment here with your steam name and,if you have one, your teamate's name.
I'd appreciate if you also specified which division YOU think YOU belong to, it will definitely be helpful.

IMPORTANT

I will be expecting of your ingame names to be IDENTICAL or at least VERY SIMILIAR with the ones you register with. I am not planing on remembering 20 nicknames per person and checking whether the teams are correct.

3)Format of play
-Tourney will be played on 2.9.9.1 version of Elite Mod unless there is a patch in the meantime.If the patch comes and is bugged as heck we will go back to 2.9.9.1
-All games will be played in 2 v 2 format
-Depending on the number of participants it will either be a single or double elimination format
-Going random IS allowed, but you have to call out your race in the first 30 seconds of the match in the "all" chat
-All games will be played with FIXED Starting Positions,Standard Resources and in 500 VP format

3.1) THE TWIST
Now it's the time for the twist.

Each match will proceed as such:

Bo3: Standard->Hero Assault->Massive Battles

FINALS(Bo5):Standard->Massive battles->Standard->Hero Assault->Standard

This way we get a little bit of new gamemodes while still keeping it close to standard 2v2 :)
Night battles has been removed as upon death the hero becomes blind

4)Map Pool
Ancestors' Rest
Argus Desert Gate
Calderis/Valderus Refinery(counted as same map)
Desert Showdown
Golgotha Depths
Judgment of Carrion
Lyrendon Thrall
Medean Cliff/Jungle Mines(counted as same map)
Ruins of Argus
Tharsis Forge

5)Map Picks
-First map in each round is decided by organizers, each subsequent map is rolled(I will ask someone to preapre a roll for us,if I forget maps will be chosen by loser team)
-Teams may veto a map if both people from the team agree. Vetos are permament for the match, 1 per team.

6)Hero Picks
You pick 5 commanders to use in the tourney.Every commander may only be picked once per match.Hero choices can be changed up until the tourney's start.
Any player throws a coin with /flip and pick order is based on the results

Players pick commanders in this order :
Any Player from team A picks a commander and his starting location.
Both players from team B pick commanders and their starting locations.
2nd player from team A picks a commander and their starting location.

Getting Heads from the coin toss makes Team 1 = Team A and Team 2 = Team B, getting Tails makes Team 1 = Team B and Team 2 = Team A

A little graphic to,hopefully,help?

7)Disconnections/Soundbugs
-If the Disconnection(SB/Steam) happens in first 90 seconds of a match game is remade.Please provide scrennies if it's steam DC,thanks.
-Any game with Disconnect after 90 seconds will be remade if
a)Players from the team that DIDN'T have any DC's agree on a rematch
b)Team from which a player did Disconnect had an big enough adventage(will be decided on the spot)

8)Forbidden stuff
-That one immolator bug(and any "HOTW" bugs)
-Banter is acceptable but don't be too much of a dick.
-TG pathblocking in shield wall. I don't like it. Other pathblocking is cool.
-Zoom out hack and any other clientside modifications that provide competetive edge. They are hard to find, but if suspected I might ask the player in question to stream his screen to me to make sure there is no shady buissnes going on.

9)Prize Pool
- 25$ 1st place,15$ 2nd place, 10$ 3rd place, prizes are for now only div A, if more are donated I might add a little bit to 1st place div B and 4th place Div A
PianoMan
Level 3

Re: 2 v 2 Tourney with a twist(Format Updated!)

Postby PianoMan » Thu 11 Jan, 2024 1:31 pm

Piano
APO PC EA TM FC
Deimos
TM FC LC INQ CL
leonus
Level 0

Re: 2 v 2 Tourney with a twist(Format Updated!)

Postby leonus » Thu 11 Jan, 2024 6:15 pm

leonus
PC, CL, SORC, RA, LA

Return to “Tournaments”