ELITE League 10 (Dec 23)

Tournament discussion and registration.
FuFuSchmeri
Level 2

ELITE League 10 (Dec 23)

Postby FuFuSchmeri » Tue 21 Nov, 2023 6:02 pm

Half a year after the last league - everyone's scars have healed suficiently to ask for another. I shall deliver. We are doing a December league!

- 1v1 matches!
- Qualifiers go 3 weeks. They start at Nov 24th but signups are open till Dec 7th
- Playoffs div A Dec 17th at 17:00 CET (Central European Time)
- Playoffs div B Dec 16th at 17:00 CET (Central European Time)
- Qualifiers are BO3
- no more swiss system!
- everyone plays everyone (round-Robin) or groups of round-Robin for qualifier depending on number of sighnups
- prizes only for division A
- Players can join up to 2 divisions for qualifiers, if they feel they are somewhat near the edge. But only one playoff can be joined.
- If both players are div A and div B, a match counts for both divisions
- Players need to make play dates with their oponents themselves. No more "FuFu, who's my next oponent?" ;)
- Special rule to discourage dodgeing during qualifiers: Every player can challenge one other player he did not play yet to a "Anti-Dodgeing-Match" (see 12. below). If the challenged doesn't show, it's a free win.
- "Anti-Dodgeing-Matches" on Dec 15th at 17:00 CET
- 5 heroes per player, swap out one after qualifier
- Playoffs will be single elemination possibly bo5 from round 1

Div A: https://challonge.com/xp8qpexq
Structured qualifier: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1zp7iCIDMj5H6nmPMdOyIxqqXYBZPl9Uv-w-banbNlcI/edit?usp=sharing
Div B: https://challonge.com/gaskgsa
Structured qualifier: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ksZK5TRPVMutnboX5WkxZFME_ZqtPNa0-o8MhZHLAoU/edit?usp=sharing
Div C: https://challonge.com/e0dm1yl5
Structured qualifier: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1VSBu4W7F7ymZMAtyRgqxM9ktke9qGRNLndwwQjfHiTE/edit?usp=sharing

Short "What to do?" Summary for the lazy People:
- you tell me by DM or post here that you want to join and tell div as well as your 5 heroes
- I'll add you to the list of players
- you find your an oponent and make a lobby for the series and start esl
- you roll the map in discord (all maps are rolled)
- may veto the map (blocked for all the match)
- you flip a coin in discord. The winner picks first in game one (the winner can't decide which pick he wants)
- the player who picks first and tell race, he can change his hero in secret at any time before the match starts
- the other player picks and tells a hero knowing the race
- may veto a hero at any point (one map)
- stomp, chop, shoot
- looser of the last game can decide who has to pick race and who has to pick hero after
- report results to me

1. When does it start?
Qualifier Date: Nov 24th but signups are open till Dec 7th
Anti-Dodgeing-Matches: Dec 15th at 17:00 CET (Central European Time)
Playoffs div B: Dec 16th at 17:00 CET (Central European Time)
Playoffs div A: Dec 17th at 17:00 CET (Central European Time)
WARNING: THIS IS NOT 17:00 IN YOUR LOCAL TIME. For a timezone conversion, look at the Discord events.

2. Who can join?
Anyone can join regardless of skill level.

3. What is the format?
Victory Point Control: 500 VPs
Starting Location: Random
Resources: Standard
- The tournament will be played in the 1 v 1
- The tournament will be played on the current patch at the day
- Qualifier BO3, Playoffs to be anounced

4. When does a game count?
- Contact the organizer asap if there is any trouble.
1/ Both players have to use the ESL Reporter (or save the replay and agree that this was the game in question, replay save and share is mandatory if you have an esl block active - looking at you Inekura and Bloodra1N!).
2/ Both players type L within the first minute. If an admin is present then 1 player typing L is enough.
3/ Players should contact each other and host the room.
- Organizing is done at "event-chat" channel of DoWII: Elite Mod Community Discord.
4/ It is the duty of the hosting player to contact the organizer regarding scores after all sets of a match conclude.
5/ There is a possibility no referees are available so I expect each player to know the rules by his or her heart.
6/ It would be great if observer slots can help out players in game lobby in regard to rules.

5. Maps & hero picks.
- !rolltourney in Discord "map-and-coin roller"-channel to get the map (all games unless players just agree on one)
- any map can only be played once per match
- every player is limited to the 5 heroes he picked on signup
- /flip in Discord "map-and-coin roller"-channel
- map vetoes may be placed after a map is rolled
- winner of coin flip starts picking race (not a hero) and announces it in the in-game chat
- the one who follows picks a hero for himself and announces it in the in-game chat
- the race picker may charge his hero within race
- any hero can only be played once per match and player (unless random)
- any player can veto a hero after the other one called race or hero. If the race player already played a hero of that race, it limits him to the remaining one. He is allowed to switch race then. If he already played 2 heroes, he has to change his race pick.
- Random can't be vetoed, but Random players need to anounce their hero at game start (before the first unit starts capping a point)
- while map veto is permanent, hero veto only lasts one map
- overall, one hero and map veto per player and match
- who ever lost the last game can decide who picks first (race) and who second (hero) for the next map

6. Punishment for not playing in time/Disconnections/Tardiness/Toxicity (what is wrong with you guys? smh)

Disconnections
- Both players may agree on a rematch
- If they don't, the default would be a loss for the offender
- The offender only gets a rematch, if he was ahead by the standards of a referee
- When the organizer or the referee deems there are too many rematches to the point it is delaying the tournament severely, a special rule is introduced to speed up the progress. The offender loses disconnected/dropped game. ESL reporter replays are used as a proof.

Tardiness (Playoffs)
- In case of tardiness, the organizer waits for the player as long as possible until the point is reached when awaiting further will result in delaying the progress of the tournament. If the offender does not arrive before reaching that point of no return, he or she is eliminated from the tournament or replaced by a backup.

Toxicity
- no bodily harm threats and racial/heritage insults

7. Map Pool
Ashes of Typhon
Ashes of Typhon Redux
Calderis Jungle
Calderis Refinery
Fedrid Folly
Fortuna Sanctum
Green Tooth Gorge
Green Tooth Jungle Redux Fixed
Selenon Island
Seraphs Palace
Siwal Frontier
Tiamet's Paradise
Lugganath Glacier

8. How to Sign up?
- Make a post in this thread, in the Discord "even-chat"-channel pinging me or DM me
- tell your division, Steam and Discord link if I don't have you already

9. Prize Pool.
Winner: 60€
Second place: 30€
Third place: 20€
(50€ each me and Arthur, 10€ by ValHero)
Anyone can add to that as they wish, just DM me.

10. Observers, Streamers, Casters
- As this could be used for cheating, players can decide to kick everyone but offical streamers, organizers and referees
- to become an offical streamer, aks me to add you to the list below
- offical streamers have to actiivate a delay of at least 2 min when once of the players ask for it

11. Forbidden Abuses
- Pathfucking with TG in shieldwall
- Imolator
- Obvious pathfucking with fat heros
- teleporting or jumping units to positions that can't be reached by other means

12. Anti dodging matches can only be called by players that have been actively trying to get a match date with player they are calling it. The conversation about the date should have been at least 3 days or longer before the anti dodging match. It is not enough to have pinged a hole div or the player for matches to be played that instant a lot . I expect you to find dates with the more complicated ppl and be there. If you tried and can't find dates, you can call for anti dodging match. I'll be the judge.

referees/co-organizers: FuFuHunt3r, BeholdenBaton11(Mickey)
streamers/casters: FuFuHunt3r,

General disclaimer:
- The organizer (I, FuFu) has the right to alter any rules during the tournament to adapt to various needs that arise.
- I will refrain from altering rules during the tournament as best as I can in order to keep consistency in applying rules but will not hesitate to intervene if the need arises.
- Please step forward, if you want to be a referee or co-organizer.
Last edited by FuFuSchmeri on Thu 07 Dec, 2023 8:50 pm, edited 10 times in total.
BeholdenBaton11
Level 0

Re: ELITE League 10 (Dec 23)

Postby BeholdenBaton11 » Wed 22 Nov, 2023 12:02 am

Got work at 16th, so I guess I have to try joining div A if I want to participate. Give me BC,CL,FC,Mek and *WL
Last edited by BeholdenBaton11 on Thu 23 Nov, 2023 4:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LOCALgHOST
Level 3

Postby LOCALgHOST » Thu 23 Nov, 2023 8:25 am

add green calderis - calderis jungle and im in
LOCALgHOST
Level 3

Postby LOCALgHOST » Fri 24 Nov, 2023 2:18 pm

LOCALgHOST wrote:add green calderis - calderis jungle and im in

all sm + PC +CS

Return to “Tournaments”