Shorter Checkin 1v1 Cup by FuFu

Tournament discussion and registration.
FuFuSchmeri
Level 1

Shorter Checkin 1v1 Cup by FuFu

Postby FuFuSchmeri » Sat 22 Apr, 2023 2:05 pm

Since the last one went quite well, lets do another and improve some of the less perfect points. The 2 main differences will be that it is shorter be a little shorter by reducing all brackets to a maximum amount of 8 players sorted by skill lvl and there will be a checkin so that no-shows and late-commers will not be in the brackets. Still there is no limit to sign ups. I'll make as many brackets as needed.

Link to the Participants
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1pbA8b33phPR04lpy3KDeaXA3KV62GPSVu6l4IHH11ds/edit?usp=sharing
Brackets Links:
Div A Bracket: https://challonge.com/de/a75nv948
Div AB Bracket: https://challonge.com/de/r7oyulh2
Div B Bracket: https://challonge.com/de/yf5tjsb5

Short "What to do?" Summary for the lazy People:
- you tell me by DM or post here that you want to join
- I'll add you to the list of players
- you check in 60 to 15 min before the cup (tell me in discord or steam that you will actually be there or how late you will be)
- I'll make brackets 15 min before the cup
- you find your oponent and make a lobby for the BO3 series and start esl
- you roll the map in discord (all maps are rolled)
- after noticing who is top in the bracket you flip a coin in discord
- in case of heads, the player on top has to pick and tell race, he can change his hero in secret at any time before the match starts
- the other player picks and tells a hero knowing the race
- stomp, chop, shoot
- looser of the last game can decide who has to pick race and who has to pick hero after
- if you win a BO3 you go to the next round, if you loose you go to loosers bracket and advance with BO1s or drop out to finally watch some stream in peace

- The organizer (I, FuFu) has the right to alter any rules during the tournament to adapt to various needs that arise.
- I will refrain from altering rules during the tournament as best as I can in order to keep consistency in applying rules but will not hesitate to intervene if the need arises.
- Please step forward, if you want to act as referee or co-organizer.

1. When does it start?
Date: April 30th 2023
CHECKINS START 60 MIN BEFORE THAT! LATEST CHECKIN IS 15 MIN BEFORE THE CUP!
Time: 15:00 UTC
Convert to your timezone here >>> https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?msg=Shorter+Checkin+1v1+Cup&iso=20230430T17&p1=37
WARNING: THIS IS NOT 15:00 IN YOUR LOCAL TIME. MUST CLICK ON THE LINK TO CONVERT TO YOUR LOCAL TIME.

2. Who can join?
Anyone can join regardless of skill level.

3. What is the format?
Victory Point Control: 500 VPs
Starting Location: Random
Resources: Standard
- The tournament will be played in the 1 v 1 double elimination format.
- The tournament will be played on the current patch at the day of the cup.
- BO3 in winners bracket, BO1 in losers bracket
- rules for grand finle: Player from winners gets one game advantage. It starts 1/0. Therefore looser can decide who picks first in the first game wich is g2.

4. When does a game count?
- The organizer will be present to help in case of the trouble so contact the organizer asap if there is any trouble.
1/ Both players have to use the ESL Reporter (or save the replay and agree that this was the game in question, replay save and share is mandatory if you have an esl block active - looking at you Inekura!).
2/ Both players type L within the first minute. If an admin is present then 1 player typing L is enough.
3/ Players should contact each other and host the room.
- Organizing is done at "event-chat" channel of DoWII: Elite Mod Community Discord.
4/ It is the duty of the hosting player to contact the organizer regarding scores after all sets of a match conclude in order to make the brackets proceed.
5/ There is a possibility no referees are available so I expect each player to know the rules by his or her heart.
6/ It would be great if observer slots can help out players in game lobby in regards to rules.

5. Maps & hero picks.
- !rolltourney in Discord "map-and-coin roller"-channel to get the map (all games unless players just agree on one)
- any map can only be played once per match
- !flip in Discord "map-and-coin roller"-channel
- all races and heroes including random are available
- in case of heads the top bracket player starts with picking a race, in case of tails the bottom player starts
- the one who starts picks a race (not a hero) and announces it in the in game chat
- the one who follows picks a hero and announces it in the in game chat
- the first player can then change his hero in secret
- who ever lost the last game can decide who picks first (race) and who second (hero) in the next one
- any hero can only be played once per match and player
- no bans on heroes or maps

6. Punishment for Disconnections/Tardiness/Toxicity (what is wrong with you guys? smh)
Disconnections
- Both players may agree on a rematch
- If they don't, the default would be a loss for the offender
- The offender only gets a rematch then, if he was ahead by the standards of a referee
- If there is no referee available, the offender was ahead if he lost 20% less VP's than his opponent
- When the organizer or the referee deems there are too many rematches to the point it is delaying the tournament severely, a special rule is introduced to speed up the progress. The offender loses disconnected/dropped game. ESL reporter replays are used as a proof.

Tardiness
- In case of tardiness, the organizer awaits for the player as long as possible until the point is reached when awaiting further will result in delaying the progress of the tournament. If the offender does not arrive before reaching that point of no return, he or she is eliminated from the tournament or replaced by a backup.

Toxicity
- This tournament has a ZERO tolerance policy on toxicity. Trash talking in-game or in the lobby will result in a warning, and then a life time suspension. If you are playing a friend and like to have some banter during the match, let me know this BEFORE the series. Any kind of homophobia, racism, Antisemitism, will lead to an immediate ban. These bans are up to the admin's/organizers discretion and are not up for discussion.

7. Map Pool.
Ashes of Typhon Redux
Calderis Desert
Calderis Refinery
Fedrid Folly
Fortuna Sanctum
Green Tooth Gorge
Green Tooth Jungle Redux Fixed
Pale Tooth Gorge
Selenon Island
Seraphs Palace
Siwal Frontier
Tiamet's Paradise
Vulcan Pits

8. How to Sign up?
- Make a post in this thread, in the Discord "even-chat"-channel pinging me or DM me

9. Prize Pool.
If any prizes are donated. It will be listed here. Your name will be mentioned here as a token of gratitude and eternal glory in the Elite Mod community.
Donation can be either in Euro or in steam games. You can also donate both.

Prize pool at the moment
none
Last edited by FuFuSchmeri on Sun 30 Apr, 2023 9:50 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Anter
Level 1

Re: Shorter Checkin 1v1 Cup by FuFu

Postby Anter » Sat 22 Apr, 2023 3:02 pm

I'm in, time for a new purge.
Gordian Vorenthul
Level 2

Postby Gordian Vorenthul » Sat 22 Apr, 2023 3:04 pm

Count me in!
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD, SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! ONCE THE GALAXY BURNS, WE WILL DEFINE RIGHTEOUSNESS!!
D1ngus_Khan
Level 0

Postby D1ngus_Khan » Sat 22 Apr, 2023 4:31 pm

D1ngus Khan, seat-filler extraordinaire
daddy E
Level 1

Postby daddy E » Sat 22 Apr, 2023 6:31 pm

im so shit rn i feel like i belong to the jones division
Cry
Level 1

Postby Cry » Sun 23 Apr, 2023 12:51 pm

Maybe I can, won’t be certain until the last moment

P.s Unfortunately me —
Last edited by Cry on Fri 28 Apr, 2023 12:38 am, edited 2 times in total.
life
Level 1

Postby life » Sun 23 Apr, 2023 4:23 pm

count me in!
Jones
Level 1

Postby Jones » Mon 24 Apr, 2023 6:42 pm

leonus
Level 0

Postby leonus » Wed 26 Apr, 2023 11:45 pm

dudevandaag
Level 0

Postby dudevandaag » Fri 28 Apr, 2023 9:54 am

Shadow
TheTenso
Level 2

Postby TheTenso » Fri 28 Apr, 2023 9:02 pm

The Le Tenso
Skysilv3r
Level 1

Postby Skysilv3r » Fri 28 Apr, 2023 11:46 pm

Sky
tarzan(.)
Level 0

Postby tarzan(.) » Sat 29 Apr, 2023 11:27 am

"." div b
Veldi
Level 0

Postby Veldi » Sun 30 Apr, 2023 11:51 am

Veldi
Zevargel
Level 2

Postby Zevargel » Sun 30 Apr, 2023 1:44 pm

+
FuFuSchmeri
Level 1

Postby FuFuSchmeri » Mon 01 May, 2023 4:34 am

Bracket links are added on top.

I want to thank all players and casters for their trust and participation! I hope everyone had fun and there will be more to come.

Any constructive critizisim is very wellcome!

The max bracket size of 8 with luckyly this many players leads to a split that is not the usual Div A and Div B. There was a lot of critizisim there. I guess it was a missunderstanding that A-players felt degraded for having to play in AB and B-players for having to play in B which they thought was C? Help me understand what was the problem! Sadly, I cannot think of another way to keep the hole thing under 6h.

No matter if we split to A/B or A/AB/B there will always be ppl at the edges that should have been in other brackets in hindsight (and late foresight in case of Redrolla). But so far, I couldn't think of a way to improve that .

Return to “Tournaments”