Game tells me I'm offline despite I'm being online

Discussion on technical issues (installation, launching).
egewithin
Level 5

Game tells me I'm offline despite I'm being online

Postby egewithin » Sat 17 Oct, 2020 10:33 pm

OceansAteAlaska
Level 2

Re: Game tells me I'm offline despite I'm being online

Postby OceansAteAlaska » Sat 17 Oct, 2020 11:03 pm

its because youre a mongoloid
Impregnable
Level 4

Postby Impregnable » Sun 18 Oct, 2020 6:36 am

This is Internet Provider problem. Solution depends upon why this is happening.

1. Internet Provider is affected by global accident that has something to do with cutting connection to your local region.
- Countries that has access to global servers via sub-terrain or under sea cables are often affected by events that disturbs such connections such as earthquakes that damage those cables or any other events that may damage the cables. When this happen, your connection within the country will be fine but anything that has to do with global servers would be slowed down until the damage is repaired.

2. You are located within country that does internet censorship.
- China is well known for this. They don't have problem in internet speed and hardware infrastructure but because their government is watching every packet that goes in and out of the global servers from China, any website or function that has to do with global server stutters out while the connection within the country is fast.
- The only solution is use of VPN. It is also possible even when using VPN, you are only able to use it without lags during certain time slots within the day.
- It is also possible that VPN you use may go out of commission after a certain period of time.

3. Internet Provider for some reason has no direct access to global servers.
- In South Korea, there are 3 different internet providers which are SKT, LG and KT. Out of those 3, only KT has direct access to sub-terrain and under sea cables that leads out of Korea towards global servers. It has been reported several times in Korean community that players will suffer same lag problem as you do when using other Internet Providers beside KT.
- You will need to shuffle Internet Provider to see which one doesn't give you this problem.
- Unfortunately, it is entirely possible that there is no Internet Provider within your region that has direct access to global servers.
"Excalibur!"
"Excalibur!"
"From the United Kingdom!"
"I'm looking for heaven!"
"I'm going to California!"
"Excalibur!"
"Excalibur!"
LOCALgHOST
Level 3

Postby LOCALgHOST » Sun 18 Oct, 2020 3:46 pm

u should press Friends and Chat (lower right corner) to come online there

Until u connect to steam communication system u will be seen as offline. Cause u're offline in your steam messenger :)
egewithin
Level 5

Postby egewithin » Sun 18 Oct, 2020 9:39 pm

LOCALgHOST wrote:u should press Friends and Chat (lower right corner) to come online there

Until u connect to steam communication system u will be seen as offline. Cause u're offline in your steam messenger :)

Didn't work. The funny part is, Steam know that I'm online, and I can chat with people, but the game doesn't belive in it.
LOCALgHOST
Level 3

Postby LOCALgHOST » Mon 19 Oct, 2020 11:10 am

privacy settings?

Return to “Technical Issues”