In game lag.

Discussion on technical issues (installation, launching).
Janinja12
Level 0

In game lag.

Postby Janinja12 » Tue 16 Jun, 2020 5:17 am

I have a solid PC that can run Modern warfare 2 and I have University levels of internet.
If I input the order to build a unit in the base, it happens instantly, but when I order a unit to move or attack it lags 1.7 seconds every time. With no exception in any game.
I am from Australia
Last edited by Janinja12 on Tue 16 Jun, 2020 6:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Impregnable
Level 4

Re: In game lag.

Postby Impregnable » Tue 16 Jun, 2020 6:32 am

This is Internet Provider problem. Solution depends upon why this is happening.

1. Internet Provider is affected by global accident that has something to do with cutting connection to your local region.
- Countries that has access to global servers via sub-terrain or under sea cables are often affected by events that disturbs such connections such as earthquakes that damage those cables or any other events that may damage the cables. When this happen, your connection within the country will be fine but anything that has to do with global servers would be slowed down until the damage is repaired.

2. You are located within country that does internet censorship.
- China is well known for this. They don't have problem in internet speed and hardware infrastructure but because their government is watching every packet that goes in and out of the global servers from China, any website or function that has to do with global server stutters out while the connection within the country is fast.
- The only solution is use of VPN. It is also possible even when using VPN, you are only able to use it without lags during certain time slots within the day.
- It is also possible that VPN you use may go out of commission after a certain period of time.

3. Internet Provider for some reason has no direct access to global servers.
- In South Korea, there are 3 different internet providers which are SKT, LG and KT. Out of those 3, only KT has direct access to sub-terrain and under sea cables that leads out of Korea towards global servers. It has been reported several times in Korean community that players will suffer same lag problem as you do when using other Internet Providers beside KT.
- You will need to shuffle Internet Provider to see which one doesn't give you this problem.
- Unfortunately, it is entirely possible that there is no Internet Provider within your region that has direct access to global servers.
"Excalibur!"
"Excalibur!"
"From the United Kingdom!"
"I'm looking for heaven!"
"I'm going to California!"
"Excalibur!"
"Excalibur!"
Janinja12
Level 0

Postby Janinja12 » Tue 16 Jun, 2020 6:45 am

Impregnable wrote:This is Internet Provider problem. Solution depends upon why this is happening.

1. Internet Provider is affected by global accident that has something to do with cutting connection to your local region.
- Countries that has access to global servers via sub-terrain or under sea cables are often affected by events that disturbs such connections such as earthquakes that damage those cables or any other events that may damage the cables. When this happen, your connection within the country will be fine but anything that has to do with global servers would be slowed down until the damage is repaired.

2. You are located within country that does internet censorship.
- China is well known for this. They don't have problem in internet speed and hardware infrastructure but because their government is watching every packet that goes in and out of the global servers from China, any website or function that has to do with global server stutters out while the connection within the country is fast.
- The only solution is use of VPN. It is also possible even when using VPN, you are only able to use it without lags during certain time slots within the day.
- It is also possible that VPN you use may go out of commission after a certain period of time.

3. Internet Provider for some reason has no direct access to global servers.
- In South Korea, there are 3 different internet providers which are SKT, LG and KT. Out of those 3, only KT has direct access to sub-terrain and under sea cables that leads out of Korea towards global servers. It has been reported several times in Korean community that players will suffer same lag problem as you do when using other Internet Providers beside KT.
- You will need to shuffle Internet Provider to see which one doesn't give you this problem.
- Unfortunately, it is entirely possible that there is no Internet Provider within your region that has direct access to global servers.

I am from Australia.
Are you sure it's the internet? Since if I give my command center an order to build a unit (example a scouts squad) it happens instantly, but when I order a unit to move or attack, it happens around 1.7 seconds delayed. That doesn't really sound like an internet issue. Not to be rude.
Impregnable
Level 4

Postby Impregnable » Tue 16 Jun, 2020 8:32 am

Yes, I am sure it is a internet provider problem as far as I know but I can be wrong so you can ask at the Technical Section of Main Elite Discord.
https://discord.gg/s8JRMNG for additional assistance.
- To be fair though, I would not get my hopes high in getting a solution. I have seen many modding, hardware and software related issues getting solved but never the lag problem until the person decides to change the internet provider. However, that is just me. As always, I can be wrong thus no harm in asking at the Discord.
"Excalibur!"
"Excalibur!"
"From the United Kingdom!"
"I'm looking for heaven!"
"I'm going to California!"
"Excalibur!"
"Excalibur!"
Torpid

Postby Torpid » Wed 17 Jun, 2020 12:20 am

For reference and archiving purposes - It was an internet issue.

DOW2 uses dedicated battle servers located in eastern USA ever since they swapped to them from peer2peer and a big downside of this is that Australian players without absolutely top tier internet are going to receive rubber-banding, as it is called. Input delays and freezing then speeding ups.
Lets make Ordo Malleus great again!
Rostam
Level 4

Postby Rostam » Tue 23 Jun, 2020 7:12 pm

Janinja12 wrote:I have a solid PC that can run Modern warfare 2 and I have University levels of internet.
If I input the order to build a unit in the base, it happens instantly, but when I order a unit to move or attack it lags 1.7 seconds every time. With no exception in any game.
I am from Australia

its mostly the net. but recently I discovered that there are some frame drop even with the same net. not sure if it is related to the server or net or the pc though. can be super confusing this kinda stuff
“Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself.” Leon Tolstoy

Return to “Technical Issues”