ESL giving the wrong replays.

Discussion on technical issues (installation, launching).
Maestro Cretella
Shoutcaster

ESL giving the wrong replays.

Postby Maestro Cretella » Fri 17 Apr, 2020 7:22 am

There are quite a few matches in the ESL which have the wrong replay attached. If you download the replay, it will be named according to the match page that you took it from, but the actual replay will be a different replay entirely. Here is one example:

https://dawnofwar.info/esl/match/42320546

However, it is very far from being the only example. There are quite a few matches in the ESL that have this problem. I was trying to download the DarkHero vs. BestN00b and Shroom vs. Toil series from the Elite League to cast them, but every single replay was the wrong replay.

It must have something to do with how the system is saving and storing replays.
Adeptus Noobus
Level 4

Re: ESL giving the wrong replays.

Postby Adeptus Noobus » Fri 17 Apr, 2020 11:58 am

It is an issue that I have observed myself a few times. As I have explained on the Discord channel, this is caused by the ESL reporter tool attaching the wrong replay file to the match report for some reason. The server actually catches that but does not know how to deal with the wrong replay data. It simply saves it to the corresponding file and saves the match data to the database. The league is only affected in so far that it is sometimes not possible to download the correct replay file. The match data is correct though. If that is not the case, please contact me, because that would be worse.
For now there is no other solution but to make sure that your local ESL folder from which the reporter uploads the files is not cluttered. Clean it regularly. Only have necessary observers in the lobbies and of those only two should have the reporter running. Ideally that would be both players.
Dark Riku
Level 5

Postby Dark Riku » Fri 17 Apr, 2020 1:16 pm

Where does one find their ESL folder?
All I can find is C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Dawn of War II - Retribution\Elite\ESLReporter
But it has no replay files in it.
LOCALgHOST
Level 3

Postby LOCALgHOST » Fri 17 Apr, 2020 1:34 pm

Dark Riku wrote:Where does one find their ESL folder?
All I can find is C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Dawn of War II - Retribution\Elite\ESLReporter

%userprofile%\Documents\My Games\Dawn of War II - Retribution\Playback - main rep folder where is temp.rec stored

and - rep folder for ESL reps

%userprofile%\Documents\My Games\Dawn of War II - Retribution\Playback\ESL

You can copypaste it to Explorer window adressbar to open folder

%userprofile% is variable means like c:\users\riku\...
Adeptus Noobus
Level 4

Postby Adeptus Noobus » Fri 17 Apr, 2020 3:37 pm

LOCALgHOST wrote:
Dark Riku wrote:Where does one find their ESL folder?

%userprofile%\Documents\My Games\Dawn of War II - Retribution\Playback - main rep folder where is temp.rec stored

and - rep folder for ESL reps

%userprofile%\Documents\My Games\Dawn of War II - Retribution\Playback\ESL

You can copypaste it to Explorer window adressbar to open folder

%userprofile% is variable means like c:\users\riku\...

Perfect explanation. Thanks mate!

Return to “Technical Issues”