mod crash on startup

Discussion on technical issues (installation, launching).
thesanguinor
Level 0

mod crash on startup

Postby thesanguinor » Tue 16 Apr, 2019 1:10 pm

I know there must be at least a million threads like this but I can't seem to get the elite mod to work.
every time I attempt a startup it takes me directly into a crash report. I have created an elite folder inside of the dowII-R folder in my steam library for the elite mod to sit but the only thing that is there is the elite mod installer. I'm unsure if I've made a mistake in the installation process or if I'm just stupid. I have also made the properties chance to -modname Elite on the steam properties section. What mistake am I making? any help would be appreciated
Impregnable
Level 4

Re: mod crash on startup

Postby Impregnable » Tue 16 Apr, 2019 1:44 pm

thesanguinor wrote:I know there must be at least a million threads like this but I can't seem to get the elite mod to work.
every time I attempt a startup it takes me directly into a crash report. I have created an elite folder inside of the dowII-R folder in my steam library for the elite mod to sit but the only thing that is there is the elite mod installer. I'm unsure if I've made a mistake in the installation process or if I'm just stupid. I have also made the properties chance to -modname Elite on the steam properties section. What mistake am I making? any help would be appreciated

Would be better for you to add Atlas directly on steam and on the discord so that he can do a live feedback for you.

Steam - https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198078148937/

Discord - Atlas#9851
"Excalibur!"
"Excalibur!"
"From the United Kingdom!"
"I'm looking for heaven!"
"I'm going to California!"
"Excalibur!"
"Excalibur!"
thesanguinor
Level 0

Postby thesanguinor » Tue 16 Apr, 2019 1:52 pm

done. thanks for the help sir
BbBoS
Shoutcaster

Postby BbBoS » Tue 16 Apr, 2019 6:14 pm

This might be worth trying, I had a similar issue recently:

If the game was recently installed/the computer hasn't played DoW2 before, it might require a version of DirectX to be installed, it can be found in your C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Dawn of War 2\Install\DXSETUP.exe or downloaded and installed from Microsoft https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/downloa ... px?id=8109

The Steam location may changed if you have moved the folder elsewhere.
Atlas

Postby Atlas » Tue 16 Apr, 2019 10:25 pm

thesanguinor wrote:I know there must be at least a million threads like this but I can't seem to get the elite mod to work.

Did you run the installer? You shouldn't need to make any folders whatsoever as it should handle it by itself.

Move the installer to your desktop, remove whatever you added into the DoWII:Retribution directory and run it. After that, give it a try.

Return to “Technical Issues”