Crash report tab upon running update 2.8.1

Discussion on technical issues (installation, launching).
Raknerd
Level 0

Crash report tab upon running update 2.8.1

Postby Raknerd » Sat 08 Dec, 2018 2:15 am

Installing Elite Mod 2.8.1 was a success but it crashes upon running it on the desktop shortcut.

I have tried doing a fresh install for both Retribution and the mod itself but still encountered the same crash upon running the desktop shortcut. I even tried to 'verify integrity of game files' but again, it didn't solve the issue.

I am pretty certain that the location of my mod files are in the right place but I could have missed something of some sort.
Raknerd
Level 0

Re: Crash report tab upon running update 2.8.1

Postby Raknerd » Sat 08 Dec, 2018 8:49 am

https://postimg.cc/34HJVGmz

https://postimg.cc/FkzRV4jK

After looking around at videos detailing how to download the elite mod, despite them being outdated versions of the mod ofc, I noticed that every video had an 'elite' folder located in the same location as that of where their dow2 file was located N in my case I couldn't find that same named 'elite' file but I'm not sure if that applies to this version of the mod as those videos were in fact outdated. Just thought some ss would help detailing my case. I did however find the elite module along with the installer itself under the same location of where my dow2 file is located as displayed above. I'm not sure what I'm missing here.
Swift

Postby Swift » Sat 08 Dec, 2018 11:00 am

They have to be on the same drive. Run the installer again and check where the mod is being installed to, it must be the same place that your Retribution folder is.
The internal battery has run dry, the game can now be played. However, clock based events will no longer occur.
Raknerd
Level 0

Postby Raknerd » Sat 08 Dec, 2018 9:45 pm

I figured it out finally!!! You were right and I thought so as well but basically when I began to run the installer, I noticed that it was being sent to a different steam file located in my other drive which at first glance seemed like it was going to the right place but after I manually guided it to the right folder, I realized that there was another steam folder for DOW2 for some reason so I deleted that file and placed it under the correct file and now it works like a charm! Thanks btw :)

Return to “Technical Issues”