Can't Join Public or Private Games in 2.8.1

Discussion on technical issues (installation, launching).
daddyslittlefaggot
Level 0

Can't Join Public or Private Games in 2.8.1

Postby daddyslittlefaggot » Tue 06 Nov, 2018 6:21 am

Please help me..... Went out to buy a gaming laptop just to play this with ya'll. Watch the replays constantly and need to get back into the fray. Game boots fine and all, just whenever I connect to a game in the public lobby it says it is connecting, only to time out....

- Regards,

Daddy's little faggot
Atlas

Re: Can't Join Public or Private Games in 2.8.1

Postby Atlas » Tue 06 Nov, 2018 8:36 pm

And you're surrrrre you're on 2.8.1? Just being extra careful that this is an install problem and not something else on a new computer like having the right .NET Framework and all that.
daddyslittlefaggot
Level 0

Postby daddyslittlefaggot » Wed 07 Nov, 2018 1:12 am

Yes, it is 2.8.1. However is there a specific NET. framework that must be installed or is it just up to the most current one?
Atlas

Postby Atlas » Wed 07 Nov, 2018 7:02 pm

daddyslittlefaggot wrote:Yes, it is 2.8.1. However is there a specific NET. framework that must be installed or is it just up to the most current one?

For a totally fresh install on a new computer, you might need to do the framework and dx setup and all that. The game is kind enough to put all of this stuff in the Install folder in the Game Directory after you have installed the game from steam.

Try going through that file and running the setups. DXsetup and vcredist I think. I don't remember if the framework install is in there but that might solve your issue.

Return to “Technical Issues”