Drewshka wrote:Guys, pls help!
I play elite and retail, big fan of the game, BUT
My delay for commands in multiplayer is like 1-2-3 seconds! I compared to the offline campaign, where commands reaction time is instant, and its bugging me a lot!
What can i do?
i cant check the ping in game, i read all the forums, i did the windows 7 hack and installed latency optimiser, but still.
My internet is good, computer is good. Other games run fine.
Also, i understand that latency cant be perfect, but it is up to the point where i cant micro, like aim grenades and stuff.
Would be grateful for any advice.
This is Internet Provider problem. Solution depends upon why this is happening.
1. Internet Provider is affected by global accident that has something to do with cutting connection to your local region.
- Countries that has access to global servers via sub-terrain or under sea cables are often affected by events that disturbs such connections such as earthquakes that damage those cables or any other events that may damage the cables. When this happen, your connection within the country will be fine but anything that has to do with global servers would be slowed down until the damage is repaired.
2. You are located within country that does internet censorship.
- China is well known for this. They don't have problem in internet speed and hardware infrastructure but because their government is watching every packet that goes in and out of the global servers from China, any website or function that has to do with global server stutters out while the connection within the country is fast.
- The only solution is use of VPN. It is also possible even when using VPN, you are only able to use it without lags during certain time slots within the day.
- It is also possible that VPN you use may go out of commission after a certain period of time.
3. Internet Provider for some reason has no direct access to global servers.
- In South Korea, there are 3 different internet providers which are SKT, LG and KT. Out of those 3, only KT has direct access to sub-terrain and under sea cables that leads out of Korea towards global servers. It has been reported several times in Korean community that players will suffer same lag problem as you do when using other Internet Providers beside KT.
- You will need to shuffle Internet Provider to see which one doesn't give you this problem.
- Unfortunately, it is entirely possible that there is no Internet Provider within your region that has direct access to global servers.