This is driving me nuts

Discussion on technical issues (installation, launching).
Orhundo
Level 1

This is driving me nuts

Postby Orhundo » Sat 19 May, 2018 12:00 am

For some reason my steam game launcher has disappeared and now I cannot forgive out for the life of me how to get them back up. I cannot enter the code to launch elite so it sucks too atm. Any advice/help ?

I can launch the game it just skips the launcher and launches straight into the game so yea
Orhundo
Level 1

Re: This is driving me nuts

Postby Orhundo » Sat 19 May, 2018 12:22 am

figured that out ... apparently elite is not installed in the right place anymore -.-

anyone have an idea ?

really wanna figure this out I have it working on crossover now so I can play with PC people but need to get elite working again :)

PS. the installer doesn't work for me so please don't suggest it. I can't change the path on the installer so yea
Swift

Postby Swift » Sat 19 May, 2018 12:25 am

Does Elite work on Mac? I can't remember if it does.
The internal battery has run dry, the game can now be played. However, clock based events will no longer occur.
Atlas

Postby Atlas » Sat 19 May, 2018 12:26 am

As in, figure out where to put the files?

Those bottom three files in your tree need to go into your DoWII: Retribution folder just above it.
Orhundo
Level 1

Postby Orhundo » Sat 19 May, 2018 1:10 am

I've gotten elite to work before. Just had to reinstall steam and can't remember how it works again!

Okay that makes perfect sense, but what do I do with the game asset files ? Because I would have to replace the vanilla one with the Elite mod one if I merge them into the file as you say
Orhundo
Level 1

Postby Orhundo » Sat 19 May, 2018 4:14 am

Okay so theres another problem that me and some of the in game chat guys have been trying to solve...

While playing online - in skirmish battles vs other players - I get a error message in the middle of the screen in big white letters reading:

SYN ERROR DETECTED - WARNING, THE SERVER HAS DETECTED AN 'OUT OF SYNC' ERROR. PELASE RESTART YOUR GAME.

After this I have to restart the game to do anything.

In last stand mode it just crashes me to the level up/xp page then after I click continue crashes me to desktop.
Orhundo
Level 1

Postby Orhundo » Sun 20 May, 2018 2:35 am

Atlas wrote:As in, figure out where to put the files?

Those bottom three files in your tree need to go into your DoWII: Retribution folder just above it.

Any idea what I do about game assets bud ?

EDIT: Do you want me to replace the original files already there or something ?? :)
LOCALgHOST
Level 3

Postby LOCALgHOST » Sun 20 May, 2018 12:39 pm

Orhundo wrote:
Atlas wrote:As in, figure out where to put the files?

Any idea what I do about game assets bud ?

EDIT: Do you want me to replace the original files already there or something ?? :)

he says u got elite, elite.module and 3rd file and place it into DoW2: retribution folder, which seen above these files

it's like

|_stuffFolder
|_fileFolder1
|_file2
|_file3

are all placed in FileFolder0 so u need to get fileFolder1, file2, and file3 and place it INTO folder stuffFolder
so it becomes

|_stuffFolder
|_ fileFolder1
|_ file1
|_ file2
Orhundo
Level 1

Postby Orhundo » Sun 20 May, 2018 4:37 pm

lol

its a simple question - replace the already game assets file there or no. If no then what do I do ? can't have 2 game assets file in the same folder :)

I can be sarcastic too but meh. you're probably better at it than me :P
Atlas

Postby Atlas » Mon 21 May, 2018 7:47 am

Yeah, you should be able to just replace the game assets folder. Keep a copy of the original game assets folder just in case, but it should be fine. Elite mostly adds game assets rather than deleting them iirc.

Other than that, I can't think of any reason why it would run.
Orhundo
Level 1

Postby Orhundo » Wed 23 May, 2018 12:39 am

Ok cheers mate, tried it out and for some reason it crashes on launch. Must have done something else before just cannot figure it out aha
Black Relic
Level 4

Postby Black Relic » Thu 28 Jun, 2018 4:37 pm

You do not just replace the game assests. Go into the the game assets file open it and path to Locale\English

There should be an english UCS file. What it does it allow you to read the new tooltips. When you see it, move that Elite.UCS file into the games main dir Gameassets\Locale\English.

Then you should be just fine.
"...With every strike of his sword, with every word of his speech, does he reaffirm the ideals of our honored master..." -From the Teachings of Roboute Guilliman as laid down in the Apocrypha of Skaros. Space Marines Codex pg. 54

Return to “Technical Issues”