Sound bug solution collection - User Contribution

Discussion on technical issues (installation, launching).
Impregnable
Level 4

Sound bug solution collection - User Contribution

Postby Impregnable » Sat 10 Jun, 2017 10:46 am

We are collecting soundbug solutions. Please contribute your knowledge.

1/
DOW2 will cause a soundbug if you are not using this specific setting.
2 channel speaker 24bit 44100Hz -> Window default is 48000Hz. Don't use default.

2/
Steam Thread
https://steamcommunity.com/app/56400/di ... 604339043/

3/
- Turn of Morphological Filtering in AMD settings. This was a long time ago so don't know if it's still relevant and don't have an AMD card anymore to test
- Don't switch sound devices while the game is open. Example: If I have my speakers on I shouldn't plug in my headphones if the game is open, but I can plug in my headphones before I start the game and it'll work fine

4/
- Oh and also, I reduced the quality of environmental effects (not sure how the setting is called precisely) to minimum. You know, the setting which controls the dead body count and terrain destruction effects. This way, Dawn of War will use up a lot less main memory.
- I set the sound settings to 44.1 kHz and terrain effects to minimum and never had sound bug occurring since.

5/
- https://www.dawnofwar.info/forum/viewto ... =13&t=1687
Last edited by Impregnable on Mon 19 Jun, 2017 2:23 pm, edited 3 times in total.
"Excalibur!"
"Excalibur!"
"From the United Kingdom!"
"I'm looking for heaven!"
"I'm going to California!"
"Excalibur!"
"Excalibur!"
Adila
Level 3

Re: Sound bug solution confirmation

Postby Adila » Sun 11 Jun, 2017 12:05 pm

Great News, lets hope thats true.
Deflaktor
Level 2

Postby Deflaktor » Sun 11 Jun, 2017 12:40 pm

This is somewhat known among veterans to reduce the probability of sound bug occurring. Does not completely eliminate it though. It has also something to do with the amount of main memory your pc has.

However, thanks for writing it down for everyone to see.
Cocainebear
Level 0

Postby Cocainebear » Sun 11 Jun, 2017 3:56 pm

I've tried the solution above and it didn't work.

This one worked for me and another dow2 player.

"I am by no means a tech wizz, but i experienced the same problem about every 4 or 5 games. I've read about it on several forums and found no solution, until I tried what the user "nosuchname" says https://steamcommunity.com/app/56400/di ... 604339043/

After I applied that last change it's been about 30 games now and I didn't experienced that bug yet. Hope it help"

I basically just copied pasted my older post. I tried bringing this into attention before, hope this time more ppl notice.
Adeptus Noobus
Level 4

Postby Adeptus Noobus » Mon 12 Jun, 2017 8:53 am

Cocainebear wrote:I've tried the solution above and it didn't work.

"I am by no means a tech wizz, but i experienced the same problem about every 4 or 5 games. I've read about it on several forums and found no solution, until I tried what the user "nosuchname" says https://steamcommunity.com/app/56400/di ... 604339043/

After I applied that last change it's been about 30 games now and I didn't experienced that bug yet. Hope it help"

I basically just copied pasted my older post. I tried bringing this into attention before, hope this time more ppl notice.

the link is broken
Fr33man1800
Level 2

Postby Fr33man1800 » Mon 12 Jun, 2017 9:36 am

Adeptus Noobus wrote:

the link is broken

Just like the game :P
Cocainebear
Level 0

Postby Cocainebear » Mon 12 Jun, 2017 1:46 pm

Fr33man1800 wrote:
Adeptus Noobus wrote:

the link is broken

Just like the game :P

My bad lads https://steamcommunity.com/app/56400/di ... 604339043/
Impregnable
Level 4

Postby Impregnable » Mon 12 Jun, 2017 2:45 pm

Think we should make this thread soundbug thread and gather every single ounce of thing people found out through out these years of torment. If anyone else, know sth about sound bug, please post here.
"Excalibur!"
"Excalibur!"
"From the United Kingdom!"
"I'm looking for heaven!"
"I'm going to California!"
"Excalibur!"
"Excalibur!"
Dark Riku
Level 5

Postby Dark Riku » Tue 13 Jun, 2017 10:17 pm

Deflaktor wrote:This is somewhat known among veterans to reduce the probability of sound bug occurring. Does not completely eliminate it though. It has also something to do with the amount of main memory your pc has.

However, thanks for writing it down for everyone to see.
Seriously? It's the first time I hear this...
Oddnerd
Level 4

Postby Oddnerd » Tue 13 Jun, 2017 11:22 pm

I did this about a year back and it noticeably reduced my soundbug occurrence.
Paranoid Kamikaze
Level 4

Postby Paranoid Kamikaze » Wed 14 Jun, 2017 7:03 pm

Impregnable wrote:Think we should make this thread soundbug thread and gather every single ounce of thing people found out through out these years of torment. If anyone else, know sth about sound bug, please post here.

Sure. Update the first post with each solution though. What I did to fix mine were:

- Turn of Morphological Filtering in AMD settings. This was a long time ago so don't know if it's still relevant and don't have an AMD card anymore to test

- Don't switch sound devices while the game is open. Example: If I have my speakers on I shouldn't plug in my headphones if the game is open, but I can plug in my headphones before I start the game and it'll work fine
Deflaktor
Level 2

Postby Deflaktor » Wed 14 Jun, 2017 11:14 pm

Dark Riku wrote:Seriously? It's the first time I hear this...

You didnt? hmm, I have seen it several times being mentioned by someone ingame. Also this solution has been written down in relicnews forum I think, or it was gamereplays? Dunno.

Oh and also, I reduced the quality of environmental effects (not sure how the setting is called precisely) to minimum. You know, the setting which controls the dead body count and terrain destruction effects. This way, Dawn of War will use up a lot less main memory.

I set the sound settings to 44.1 kHz and terrain effects to minimum and never had sound bug occurring since.

Return to “Technical Issues”