Game sometimes failes to load.

Discussion on technical issues (installation, launching).
Red Raven
Level 0

Game sometimes failes to load.

Postby Red Raven » Mon 20 Feb, 2017 8:13 pm

Okay so the last time i played elite was around 5.6 or so and i didnt have any kind of issues with it.
As of recently i started playing again with 6.0.

The issue i have is that sometimes the game will simply refuse to load and will get me stuck in the loading screen. It wont show anyones loading progress and the middle section starts blinking between "waiting for players" and between "loading". Than after a short time i will have the in-battle cursor and the music will change as well but the game itself wont start.
I have the kill the game via task manager even after really long extended waits.
As i said before i never had anything not even remotly similar to this with earlier patches. It happens randomly.. even if the host remains the same.
If anyone knows whats causing this and knows a solution i would gladly read it.

Thank you.
Gorbles
Level 3

Re: Game sometimes failes to load.

Postby Gorbles » Tue 28 Feb, 2017 11:15 am

I recommend, preferably in this order just to save you time.

1. Checking if your drivers have updated recently. The newest drivers aren't always the best.

2. Check if 6.0 is more demanding than 5.6, by dint of content or w/e. I'm not read up on ELITE features and content. Could be hitting a performance bottleneck.

3. Verifying the integrity of the game files on Steam.

4. Complete reinstall of the modification (delete all mod-related files, user config, and reinstall, then relaunch the game).

5. Complete reinstall of both the game and any installed modifications.

Return to “Technical Issues”